Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2011, 03:12   #241
BHPian

Re: Story of Pajero Theft

@Gtabombay

I went through your thread today. Its sad to see you into this trouble of not only loosing the vehicle but also experiencing the harsh realities of
dealing with the government machinery(the cops)

I am sure that you would definitely have a happy ending looking at your struggle and consistency.

Man day in and day out, everyday we come across pains and loss experienced by innocent public from criminals, bureaucrats, politicians and the cops.

All the best Gtabombay
Old 13th February 2011, 10:26   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingkolors View Post
Gtabombay, Just happened to read entire story. Its so disheartening to say the least. I felt so frustrating when I tried to capture all your story at one shot.

Inspite of all this, the police are not getting hold of him. I am sure if they seriously want to do it, its less than 15min job for them.

State of affairs!!

I will cite an instance here of car theft in my circle of acquaintances.

A person I am acquainted with, is a lawyer and a part of a law firm based in central Delhi. This is one of the very large outfits in the country and very well connected with the powers that be. One of their juniors parked his vehicle in an authorised parking lot from where it was stolen - this is the best part the vehicle was stolen from an authorised parking.

He came to know of it in the evening when he was leaving work for the day. He immediately rushed back to the office and informed his colleagues and seniors. A couple of calls were made. The gentleman in charge of the area in the police force sent his juniors there post haste to investigate. The tried to act as is usual with the members of the force little realising they were going to be in trouble. Another call was made. This time he came himself, reprimanded his juniors in full public view, who in turn apologised profusely for their misbehaviour.

The next day a call was received, that the vehicle had been recovered. How was this possible? Had Sherlock Holmes come down to help our guardians of the law to overcome their ineptitude? Ofcourse not! They knew exactly where to look. If they know this much then why is it they are not willing to be proactive and keep an eye out for catching these guys in the act? I leave it to your imaginations to conclude.
Old 13th February 2011, 12:56   #243
BHPian

Gtabombay, Just to happen to read your story, its disheartening to know that Nasrat is still at large even after you had provided so much info to the authorities. Your efforts are commendable. Good Luck. We all are with you !
Old 13th February 2011, 13:16   #244
Distinguished - BHPian

Hats off to your efforts. Also scares me a little to the amount our system has gone kaput. I still am not able to understand one small detail: Why exactly is the police not nabbing this guy now? They are corrupt agreed. But surely with all this evidence you have thrown in there faces, they must have come up with some excuse right?

With all due respect I just want to tell you to either go to the media or stop following this guy any further. Because you never know when SIR **** might get really angry with you for pursuing him. As someone else mentioned these guys have no sense of respect for human life either. The whole system is supporting him and this is no bollywood movie. God Bless!
Old 13th February 2011, 14:10   #245

Very Sorry to hear about your baby being stolen.....
Suv thefts are very common, infact the same very thing happened in my relation - their Pajero got picked up with in 3 months of purchase and that also with all the security around. The theft was recorded live on the CCTV cameras but its been 2 years there is no trace of the vehicle or the criminals.... Rumors in the market are the car dealers themselves get these things done...
Nevertheless heartiest sympathies with you....
Old 13th February 2011, 21:26   #246
BHPian

GTA Bombay - Hats off to you and to your cold investigative approach. One needs to think like a thief to catch / mimic one, very true!!

As few have suggested in this thread and as per your last reply - please maintain a low profile, i am sure there is something better waiting for you.

You have already created a stir and increased awareness here...people who would buy new SUV would surely think from this point of view as well, maybe with the help of insurance companies, one should pull the stats to find the 'theft-proof' cars in all segments.

Recently in my neighbourhood in Bangalore, one family lost a brand new Scorpio; nobody had a clue how it happened, it was clean and it was reportedly missing between 3am-5am, heard that it had the state of the art anti-theft gizmos, it was nothing shot of a cold blooded murder.

When inquired about possibilities to fool a anti-theft systems like autocop, Xenos, etc. I was told by an installer / auto electrician that, if they break the front side indicator was a sharp tool 'delicately' and the wires can be shot / a particular fuse and can make a car alarm numb.

And vehicles like Scorpio's rear window can be opened within minutes, thereby allowing them in jump-in.

Even the earlier Bolero's diesel cap's locks went missing, and a good portion of incidents happened because of drivers who disappear, without any reason and the car gets stolen after a few months.

There are 'n' number of computerized key duplicaters in the market, some very proudly advertise that they can mimic a key so perfectly that even an immobilisers can't pick the difference. I do request them (usually when I get my pollution certificate renewed from the same guy) to check the identity of the person before they issue such duplicate keys. I am not sure, if they have any such moral responsibility.

The problem is, we do not have access to true documented facts on such incidents, to claim insurance, sometimes people fabricate facts, police organizations bring in unnecessary dimensions to investigation to delay/divert, facts are distorted, these are in quality terms nothing less than FMEA, failure modes, they should be communicated back to the vehicle manufactures, to improvise.

anyway, GTA Bombay, please take care of yourself dude. I can imagine what it feels like 'being you'.

btw how come so many 'newbies' like me flooded this thread??.

Cheers

Last edited by Jaggu : 13th February 2011 at 21:47. Reason: Please use proper punctuations and avoid typing like.... this..... Thanks
Old 13th February 2011, 21:56   #247
BHPian

Hey GTA Bombay,
Please do keep posting something on and off. We may not want to hear about your car itself but we do want to make sure that you are OK. Especially since you are dealing with a dangerous criminal.
Old 14th February 2011, 14:49   #248
BHPian

Hey Gtabombay,
I would rate this as one of the top posts that I've read anywhere in the recent past. All the best on your endeavor and keep yourself safe. Being from Bangalore, I would be interested to know where the Karnataka SIM figures in the whole scam. Am sure there are a lot of guys from here too. Keep yourself safe and keep us updated.
Old 14th February 2011, 15:43   #249

There is one old saying in Tamil, "Mullai Mullal dhan eadukannum". which means, in villages, without slippers, if one hits a thorn on his leg, he takes it out using another thorn. Similarly, this may look silly but, just an idea.
This needs some one with a Pajero and willing to help you and as you said, you know the area where Nasrat roams as per his IMEI. Hence, your friend needs to roam the same area in the Pajero with you following it up unsuspectedly. This Pajero is just a bait for him and the rest, I'm sure, you'll take care of it.
All the best, .

Last edited by Technocrat : 14th February 2011 at 21:44. Reason: Only 2 smilies per post allowed, please read the board rules carefully before proceeding, thanks
Old 14th February 2011, 16:11   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamiboy View Post
Hey GTA Bombay,
Please do keep posting something on and off. We may not want to hear about your car itself but we do want to make sure that you are OK. Especially since you are dealing with a dangerous criminal.
+1!

you are in dangerous waters! The system that is supposed to protect us can harm us as well!

Please do be careful!

If a movie get made about your adventures, do the 'Man who lost his Pajero' sound good?
Old 14th February 2011, 21:14   #251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
+1!

you are in dangerous waters! The system that is supposed to protect us can harm us as well!

Please do be careful!

If a movie get made about your adventures, do the 'Man who lost his Pajero' sound good?
I am back after some more wasted efforts. Most cops are blatantly using any info on Nasrat, actually to get more money out of him. Everyone wants be on the take!

I am beginning to think target will never be caught by the Police. He seems to be managing many Police Stations! Exact words were "Usne Powai Police Station Ko Manage Kiya hai"

I am tempted to use a 'bait vehicle'. But last time some cops tried it, he took the vehicle leaving the cops shame faced.

I have got some mails from Team-BHPians offering help and support. I feel very grateful.

Thank you all
gtabombay is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2011, 21:48   #252
Senior - BHPian

well, now you really need to careful. I know you would like to chase this guy, but I do not think it should be done at the risk of life/ limb.
Please be careful and aware of your surroundings as this guy may actually be getting info about you from the cops if he is 'managing' them.
Old 14th February 2011, 23:09   #253
Senior - BHPian

tainted cops. i am out of words now. i suggest you directly meet the commissioner once and tell him all the story.
if he is a good person you shall get your car back immediately, even if nasrat is not put behind the bars.

you need to be extremely cautious. i would suggest that you prelaunch a FIR against nasrat and tell the police that you have received threats.
Old 15th February 2011, 10:57   #254
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post

I am tempted to use a 'bait vehicle'. But last time some cops tried it, he took the vehicle leaving the cops shame faced.
Probably some one would have passed this information to him about this tactic.
Old 15th February 2011, 12:17   #255
BHPian

Quote:
I am back after some more wasted efforts. Most cops are blatantly using any info on Nasrat, actually to get more money out of him. Everyone wants be on the take!
You are atleast hurting him indirectly!

Quote:
This can happen only in India!

I am shocked he got away in the vehicle meant as bait! he must be really good!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks