Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2011, 12:10   #166
BHPian

Re: Story of Pajero Theft

Hi gtabombay, it’s an extraordinary effort taken to nab the culprits. Must say the information shared in this thread will alert people and make everyone to rethink on the security of vehicles. I sincerely hope that the mastermind behind this theft is caught and punished.

Cheers !!!
Old 8th February 2011, 14:09   #167
BHPian

Gtabombay, this is one hell-of-a story and sheer determination from you to nab the culprit. Hats off to you man!
Between, how about getting hold of the bar girl whom this Nasrat had/has a link with, will find route to Nasrat. If you need to get to base, you need to hold the stem and the branches! Tame the thief tiger!!!
Old 8th February 2011, 14:27   #168
BHPian

gtabombay, sorry to hear about the loss of your Pajero and the way you have followed up the accused.I am pretty much worried since even I also have a Pajero and all these days I thought it had an immobilizer.Can you let me know any other security measures as to how can I keep my Paj safe.
Old 8th February 2011, 14:45   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.V.R View Post
I am pretty much worried since even I also have a Pajero and all these days I thought it had an immobilizer.Can you let me know any other security measures as to how can I keep my Paj safe.
Recently I heard this story about a guy whose Pajero was stolen from Malabar Hill. He did not recover his vehicle , so he bought a new one. He had CC-TV installed where he parks . Sure enough, soon an attempt was made to steal his new vehicle too. Everything was captured on CC-TV. The guys came in a Santro and did their usual stuff (broke the lock and make the key within minutes) but the car would not start. The owner used to remove some crucial fuse or something every night , to immobilise his vehicle. No further attempts have been made on his vehicle.

In short, you have to improvise on what is available. In my earlier post I had mentioned two anti-theft devices (Revelco, and PowerLock). If you can put either of these systems in your vehicle it will be absolutely safe.

I also request all Team-BHP members to report any case of vehicle theft in their area on this thread with brief description/date/time etc. This will be a good start.

Last edited by gtabombay : 8th February 2011 at 14:49.
Old 8th February 2011, 15:07   #170
Senior - BHPian

@gtabombay: I just read all your posts in this thread. Appreciate your persistence and determination in tracking this criminal down. I really hope one day his network will be brought down.

Quote:
In short, you have to improvise on what is available.
I agree 100%. Just by installing a GPS or an anti theft alarm in your car, you can't call it theft safe. Thieves are getting smarter day by day, we have to get smarter than them, in order to prevent a theft.

Ideas like removing a fuse will pay off because that will be the last thing a thief will expect and they may not even diagnose why the car is not starting. Even if they do, it will delay the theft considerably because they may not have a spare fuse ready with them.

GPS device should be inside the battery itself and the antenna should be exposed through the main wires that are going from the battery, the so that they will never notice any device to which an electrical wiring is going!!! How about that!

What is your guess about your car's present condition? You think it might be running somewhere or Cannibalized?

Last edited by clevermax : 8th February 2011 at 15:17.
Old 8th February 2011, 16:35   #171
BHPian

GTABombay,
I can understand how much of courage and conviction it takes to pursue on your own. Unfortunately in a country like ours, often times we have to work on cases ourselves. Your effort to make all of us aware of these things is much appreciated.
I can surely see that Nasrat Ali is atleast feeling being traced. Sometime back I read an article in Tehelka about such a racket which mostly operates in Mumbai and Bangalore. They steal cars from metros, with-in hours transport them back to 2nd tier cities or other metros and change the regristration and sell them off - almost 40-50% less than the show-room price.
The racket is hi-tech, a second hand car dealer takes an order with all preferences (color, specs, make, year of manufacture etc) and then convey the details to the operating team in these metros. They steal the vehicle and transport back to the seconds-dealer. The dealer will sell the used car at almost half the market price, there by making it a lucrative buy. And, we, owners are left to god's mercy.
Old 8th February 2011, 17:24   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by clevermax View Post
What is your guess about your car's present condition? You think it might be running somewhere or Cannibalized?
I think that these vehicles are never cannibalized. I have not come across any such case but in almost all cases where vehicles are recovered they have been sold off to guys in other states.

Most of the Pajeros are running in UP, Bihar, Nepal, Nagaland, Punjab etc. I am sure that my Pajero too is running somewhere. The SUVs are in good demand in rural areas.
Old 8th February 2011, 17:47   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabombay View Post
. I am sure that my Pajero too is running somewhere.
I could feel some emotion down there.Even though its a nonliving thing but still the attachment to one's vehicle is like one's own pet.
I might be heartbroken just to say that kind of a line.
Really feel sad for your loss.

I hope your investigation gets to some logical conclusion.

And hats off to you and your attitude to help other would be victims.
Old 8th February 2011, 17:53   #174
BHPian

Just heard from Police sources - one Pajero, two Scropios, and one Tavera stolen from Powai in the last one week alone.

Last edited by gtabombay : 8th February 2011 at 17:54.
Old 8th February 2011, 23:54   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Just heard from Police sources - one Pajero, two Scropios, and one Tavera stolen from Powai in the last one week alone.
To add to the list above our '96 Zen was stolen in Dilli late today afternoon. That car took me all over the country when there was no GQ, most places we went there were no roads and now this.

Quote:
I think that these vehicles are never cannibalized. I have not come across any such case but in almost all cases where vehicles are recovered they have been sold off to guys in other states.

Most of the Pajeros are running in UP, Bihar, Nepal, Nagaland, Punjab etc. I am sure that my Pajero too is running somewhere. The SUVs are in good demand in rural areas.
gtabomaby,
In your opinion where do you think a 15 year old vehicle with nearly 200000 kms on the odo and a rusted firewall will end up at.
Old 9th February 2011, 01:24   #176
BANNED

Here is an article from 2008. Car Thefts:Mumbai: Delhi:A paying ‘dhandha’. « Citizens AllianceLooks like not much has changed.
Old 9th February 2011, 08:02   #177
BHPian

Hey Gtabombay,

Today there is a news in Pune Mirror about the "Interstate carjackers’ gang busted"

Have a look, it might help you in your search as they have stolen vehicle like Pajero as well.

Investigations revealed that the suspects had allegedly stolen 150 vehicles from various parts of the country. Of these 80 cars were stolen from Pune in the last three years. Forty vehicles have been already recovered by the city police from various parts of the city. Around 18 to 20 vehicles were sold in Nepal. They have also sold the vehicles in Hyderabad, Delhi and other parts of the country.

Interstate carjackers

Thanks,
Vishal.

Last edited by Thar4x4 : 9th February 2011 at 08:04.
Old 9th February 2011, 09:34   #178
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thar4x4 View Post
Hey Gtabombay,

Today there is a news in Pune Mirror about the "Interstate carjackers’ gang busted"
Good one & timely too , I was about to share the same thing here

there is one Pajero too in the lot . ( of six vehicles yet )

Also, this investigation is headed by Additional Commissioner - Crime Branch Mr. Anant Shinde ( As per ' Sakal news paper ') .

these criminals had the same method .

I think he should be contacted

Sudarshan
Old 10th February 2011, 03:59   #179
BHPian

Hi gtabombay , this might be stale news for you , todays paper carried a news of a gang of car thieves who have stolen 150 cars in the last 3 years . They did have a lot of SUVs in their possession when they were caught and a lot more have been recovered and the others are being traced . I dont know if you would wanna check . It was the Pune Edition of the Hindu .
Old 10th February 2011, 11:37   #180
Senior - BHPian

Why dont we have Good quality CCTV cameras installed on all the Toll Nakas.That might help police in Naka Bandi.Also with so may SUV's getting stolen, cant police have some one monitor all the Toll Nakas on the boundaries of Mumbai and keep a Track of each and every passing SUV.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks