Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2012, 13:48   #1336
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I missed reading your post ironshark, and left a few minutes after 9, expecting to get all the road to myself at that hour. But there was 6pm like congestion all through. Which is very strange, I was expecting to find some unusual reason along the road hampering the free flow, but I found none.
Same here. I left a little after 8:40 pm and was amazed and dismayed at the congestion.
Old 23rd May 2012, 14:06   #1337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I missed reading your post ironshark, and left a few minutes after 9, expecting to get all the road to myself at that hour. But there was 6pm like congestion all through. Which is very strange, I was expecting to find some unusual reason along the road hampering the free flow, but I found none.
I'll tell you the reason Sajo.

Whenever there is an evening IPL match at Subroto Roy Sahara Stadium, the Pune Bangalore highway is totally blocked (from Hinjewadi flyover till the stadium) due to heavy traffic leading to the stadium (there is only one approach road to the stadium for cars) hence vehicles moving out of hinjewadi either from Bhumkar Chowk or from main Hinjewadi flyover get stuck as well.

Moral of the story - Whenver there is a evening match at Sahara Stadium, DO NOT leave office before 9 pm . Atleast by that time, all the people are seated in the stadium and their cars resting in the parking lot and not on the Highway!
Old 23rd May 2012, 21:21   #1338
Distinguished - BHPian

And the story repeats itself today too! Huge jams, right from BP petrol pump to hjw chowk (still to pass that)

Edit : only till Mezza9!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 23rd May 2012 at 21:27.
Old 24th May 2012, 08:17   #1339
BHPian

Major jam leading towards wipro phase 2 circle. Two lorries and a PMT bus has broke down it seems. At the momemt it isextending till Tata Bluescope.

Last edited by dmplog : 24th May 2012 at 08:30.
Old 24th May 2012, 09:10   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Major jam leading towards wipro phase 2 circle. Two lorries and a PMT bus has broke down it seems. At the momemt it isextending till Tata Bluescope.
I came via Marunji village, no traffic whatsoever. Take right from T-junction once you cross the Bhumkar chowk. Look for petrol pump on the right. Once you reach the petrol pump, after 20-30 metres, take left towards Embassy Tech Zone, it will take you to Wipro phase 2 circle directly.
rahul_sinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 10:01   #1341
BBT
BHPian

Long queues on the way to Wipro circle in Phase 2. A badly bashed up Indica seems to be causing a bit of a bottleneck near the ICICI bank building - the problem is mostly compounded by the wrong siders trying to join back in just as you approach the Wipro circle. My frustration knows no bounds
Old 24th May 2012, 15:25   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
I came via Marunji village, no traffic whatsoever. Take right from T-junction once you cross the Bhumkar chowk. Look for petrol pump on the right. Once you reach the petrol pump, after 20-30 metres, take left towards Embassy Tech Zone, it will take you to Wipro phase 2 circle directly.
Thanks! But, my company bus isn't privileged to utilize this route! ;-)
Old 24th May 2012, 16:22   #1343
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Is this road motorable? Someone I know said it is in really bad shape. Also will you be able to turn right at Wipro circle towards Infosys/Ph 3 if you come this way?
Old 24th May 2012, 16:25   #1344
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Is this road motorable? Someone I know said it is in really bad shape. Also will you be able to turn right at Wipro circle towards Infosys/Ph 3 if you come this way?
There is a dirt road of 20-30 metres, but otherwise more motorable than Mezza9-Infy phase2 road. Though with rains looming around, the stretch will be rendered non-navigable.

And Marunji village has concrete road
rahul_sinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 22:20   #1345
BHPian

Once again!
Why on Thursday Hinjewadi has low traffic? Left Phase 3 at 19:30. No jam whatsoever at Mezza9, Shivaji Chowk & Wakad Bridge.
Old 24th May 2012, 22:51   #1346
Distinguished - BHPian

@zalaps- that's easy. All manufacturing units are closed on Thu since there is no/intermittent MSEB supply. Explains why driving in and out of HJW is such a breeze once a week!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th May 2012, 23:13   #1347
BHPian

Quote:
Just extending route description by images!

Quote:
Is this road motor-able? Someone I know said it is in really bad shape. Also will you be able to turn right at Wipro circle towards Infosys/Ph 3 if you come this way?
Only marked section is unpaved but manageable. Yes. right turn at Wipro circle is possible. Only challenge will be to merge in regular traffic! Otherwise as Rahul has mentioned it's breeze from T section where you leave mezza9 road on left.

P.S: Click on images to view in original size.
Attached Thumbnails
Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-main.png  

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-unpaved.png  

Old 25th May 2012, 10:06   #1348
Senior - BHPian

Zalap's map actually how much longer the highlighted route is compared to the Mezza9 - Mindtree route. If only it was wider, there could be so much saved in terms of fuel and time everyday!

PS : Never been to those parts of HJW, get only a limited exposure to traffic once PH1 starts.

PPS : It would be worth taking the Flyover-Shivaji chowk route now , just for the Shell fuel, which is cheaper by 1 rupee , dunno for how long.

Last edited by sajo : 25th May 2012 at 10:08.
Old 25th May 2012, 13:52   #1349
BHPian

Based on the experience and feedback from many bhpians . esp from Phase3/ DLF area, I have started using the route from Phase 3 thru Sus/ Chande village leading to Hotel Le Royale, Phase1 nfy and then to Shivaji Chowk.

What I have observed that , even at peak time of 6-7 pm , that route is hardly having any cars going, although its nicely paved except a few odd pothholes.

I am fearing that are there chances of mugging etc by Locals in this route ( esp on bikes etc ) ..although not heard of any. ? I drive alone in my car , diesel car :-)

In case of any such incidents happenning in that road, there will be no possibility of you getting any police help / passer by help I fee,.

Just need your advise / assurance as if this alternative road is as safe as the normal DLF-Wipro- Mezza9 route ?
Old 25th May 2012, 13:59   #1350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
@zalaps- that's easy. All manufacturing units are closed on Thu since there is no/intermittent MSEB supply. Explains why driving in and out of HJW is such a breeze once a week!
How good would it be in HJW if all organisations offered a rotational weekend? Most of the work done by us IT majdoors anyway has a timeline, so should not matter whether we do it on a Friday or a Sunday. I can understand reluctance in allowing work from home, but this should be workable.

How convenient would that be? I could go for my weekend drive to Goa and back on a Tuesday and a Wednesday and save so much on hotel costs. Or I could go to Kaas on a Monday without worrying about crowds. I could finish my bank/ home loan work without waiting for Saturdays and then spending half a day in queues. I could get so much work done on a weekend.
On second thoughts, I prefer lazing at home whatever day the weekend is on.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks