Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2011, 16:09   #826
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Amit, today was the same! People have gone back to the old ways of driving on the wrong side of the road again. Such a pathetic sight to see.

On another note, though not directly relevant to this thread - there seems to be an increase in number of accidents in the DLF premises! Today saw a third accident in a span of 15 days. All of them involved cabbies .

When will people learn?
Old 17th November 2011, 16:52   #827
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
On another note, though not directly relevant to this thread - there seems to be an increase in number of accidents in the DLF premises! Today saw a third accident in a span of 15 days. All of them involved cabbies .

When will people learn?
I guess after coming through the gruelling traffic from Wakad to Hinjewadi Phase 2 the eyes must be lighting up looking at the wide open roads ahead. I hope the accidents were not something major and no casualties involved.
Old 21st November 2011, 10:50   #828
Senior - BHPian

The bad patch between Ph1 and Ph2 (between Wipro Ph2 and Tata Johnson) has finally been repaired! The potholes have all but vanished. Seems like, this weekend did see some activity on the repair front.
Old 24th November 2011, 09:45   #829
BHPian

Today after a long time (I guess first time post monsoons), took the village route (Sus Road-Chande). It seems some patchwork is going on, so didnt encounter any (yup!) potholes till Chande village. Chande to phase 3 will in shambles though and no signs of patchwork over there.
I suppose we need to wait for another month or two, before testing out this route again.
Though with no traffic and FRESH air, I liked the ride, sets up the mood for office.
rahul_sinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th November 2011, 10:41   #830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Today after a long time (I guess first time post monsoons), took the village route (Sus Road-Chande). It seems some patchwork is going on, so didnt encounter any (yup!) potholes till Chande village. Chande to phase 3 will in shambles though and no signs of patchwork over there.
I suppose we need to wait for another month or two, before testing out this route again.
Though with no traffic and FRESH air, I liked the ride, sets up the mood for office.
Thanks for the update Rahul. I think work on that stretch would happen last if at all. That would not be on the priority list.

If the road patchwork is done it would be just be a matter of time before traffic starts building up on that stretch. I think most of the folks including me are avoiding that route only because of the bad road condition.
Old 24th November 2011, 10:52   #831
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Thanks for the update Rahul. I think work on that stretch would happen last if at all. That would not be on the priority list.

If the road patchwork is done it would be just be a matter of time before traffic starts building up on that stretch. I think most of the folks including me are avoiding that route only because of the bad road condition.
I suppose if the Wakad bridge has to be razed, then people travelling to Hinjewadi for work, need multiple alternate routes (Mhalunge-Hinjewadi and Sus Road-Hinjewadi).
Else it will be time to run away to onsite
Old 24th November 2011, 11:06   #832
Senior - BHPian

Guys, please don't beat me up for this suggestion, but don't you think if all of you traveled in the company bus everyday, the situation might improve a bit? Most of the traffic snarls are caused by irresponsible two wheelers/four wheelers driving on wrong sides, changing lanes for no reason, etc. I have myself worked in Hinjewadi for 2 years and shifted to the company bus mode after having nightmarish experiences carving my ways out of that shitty traffic.
Old 24th November 2011, 11:11   #833
Senior - BHPian

Ajay, only problem with taking the compnay bus, is that the busses are not at all designed for people like me. If I have to occupy a seat, no one would be able to sit next to me!

On a serious note, the bus timings arent flexible as you would like them to be.
Old 24th November 2011, 11:41   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Guys, please don't beat me up for this suggestion, but don't you think if all of you traveled in the company bus everyday, the situation might improve a bit? Most of the traffic snarls are caused by irresponsible two wheelers/four wheelers driving on wrong sides, changing lanes for no reason, etc. I have myself worked in Hinjewadi for 2 years and shifted to the company bus mode after having nightmarish experiences carving my ways out of that shitty traffic.
I agree with you. In our company the buses are available every hour in the evening from 6 PM till 9 PM so return should not be an issue. But the problem is in the mornings. Only one bus service which leaves from my place at 7.50 AM. The next one is available at 12 PM. So not very convenient as i anyway am in office till 8 PM every night.

And the main reason is "I Live to Drive" so have to take the car to work.
Old 24th November 2011, 14:25   #835
BHPian

+1 each to Amit and Swanand.
Timings are pathetic and even the location of pickup impractical for smaller companies. And many companies have these swiping concept, completely alien to saner IT worlds; which discount the traffic factor completely.

Better solution should be either "BETTER" public transport for workplaces with good frequency OR put trams in congested lanes like those of HJW and Laxmi Road/Peth areas, with huge multi-level paid parking nearby. That way, even population addition can be better controlled. Though initial capex will be high for option 2, it will be more beneficial and future proof.

Even metro that is being discussed these days are being planned above the ground, rather than below, which will completely deface Pune and ADD more to traffic woes.

Well that sums up my rant for today
Old 24th November 2011, 19:12   #836
Senior - BHPian

So has anyone reached home yet ? Are rumours about Wakad bridge being blocked by burning tyres true? You know, Hinjewadi being a certain someone's stronghold and all that ?
From my side, I can see traffic as pretty free flowing both towards the chowk and on the Mezza9 route. Hows the highway ?
Old 24th November 2011, 19:20   #837
Distinguished - BHPian

Sajo- I left around 5.15 and the traffic was pretty heavy but didn't spot any trouble. Will ask around and confirm- that sounds scary!

Edit: I don't want to spread any rumours but this was tweeted by a respected journalist some time ago:

This is ridiculous and unacceptable -- NCP workers attacking Sikhs on NH4, while police standing by, says Sahara Mumbai

Last edited by noopster : 24th November 2011 at 19:32.
Old 25th November 2011, 09:00   #838
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
So has anyone reached home yet ? Are rumours about Wakad bridge being blocked by burning tyres true? You know, Hinjewadi being a certain someone's stronghold and all that ?
From my side, I can see traffic as pretty free flowing both towards the chowk and on the Mezza9 route. Hows the highway ?
Too late to post, but yes there was some blockade somewhere near Phase 1, as apparently a bus was torched.
Started by 5:10pm, reached @Balewadi by 6pm. Only Mezza9 route was functional. Today wfh. Anyone been to office today?
Old 25th November 2011, 09:26   #839
Senior - BHPian

Left home early today at 7.30 AM and reached office. No issues. But i guess my time was too early for the mishief makers to wake up and get organized.

Yesterday evening left office at 5 PM. No problems while exiting Hinjewadi. On the highway near Sadanand Hotel the Mumbai bound traffic was held up because of the protests and tyre burning. I could see some people trying to lift up the protesters from the road. This resulted in a long queue of truckers who appeared puzzled - What the hell happened?
Old 25th November 2011, 09:44   #840
Senior - BHPian

Reached phase 3 in flat 30 minutes(9:10-9:40) from Bhavdhan. No traffic whatsoever. Well, I must say that was a good slap after all!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks