Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2011, 11:10   #676
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

True, very less traffic encountwered today morning. Whatever traffic was there, was very organized. That too with lack of cops. Why cant people follow this on a daily basis.

Sajo: I doubt this is the same guy. The cop in pic has a noticable paunch. Our guy, is fit as a fiddle.
Old 27th September 2011, 11:16   #677
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Sajo: I doubt this is the same guy. The cop in pic has a noticable paunch. Our guy, is fit as a fiddle.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Also one important thing is missing. The stick in the hand.
It could still be there in the other hand not visible in the pic.

If you see the print edition though, where the pic is more clearer, you can see his glasses and face is nearly the same.
Old 27th September 2011, 11:36   #678
Senior - BHPian

Yes, very less traffic today. Started from Bhavdhan at 10:40 and at office desk by 11:13!! Impressive!!
Old 28th September 2011, 10:32   #679
Senior - BHPian

No sign of our hero today as well and i should say it is getting worse by the day. Snap attached shows a water tanker coming from the wrong side and merging with traffic. Behind the tanker we have six seaters and autos. I am not even talking about bikers as those are simply too many.

Its only a matter of time before we see cars of educated folks following them.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img00094.jpg
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2011, 10:47   #680
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No sign of our hero today as well and i should say it is getting worse by the day. Snap attached shows a water tanker coming from the wrong side and merging with traffic. Behind the tanker we have six seaters and autos. I am not even talking about bikers as those are simply too many.

Its only a matter of time before we see cars of educated folks following them.

Attachment 814609
Amit, please do post this pic on Traffic police's Facebook page. Lets see if this spurs them into action.
Its a disaster waiting to happen, with two wheelers riding at high speeds on the wrong side, as well as big empty company buses going in the right direction at equally high speeds.
Old 28th September 2011, 10:54   #681
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Amit, please do post this pic on Traffic police's Facebook page. Lets see if this spurs them into action.
Its a disaster waiting to happen, with two wheelers riding at high speeds on the wrong side, as well as big empty company buses going in the right direction at equally high speeds.
I totally agree it is a disaster waiting to happen. Buses come in at great speeds and i fear one day i am suddenly going to see a biker flying.

I would want to be more active on the Facebook page but cannot access it in office and neither on my BB. Hardly login once i reach home late in the night. I can mail this picture to you (PM me your mail id) and if you have access please post it. This needs to be nipped in the bud before we are back to the same old story.
Old 28th September 2011, 11:24   #682
Senior - BHPian

This is ridiclulous! Not only is he causing inconvenience to others, he is putting lives in danger too. Secondly, are'nt heavy vehicles banned to enter Hinjewadi main road till 11:00 or so? If thats the case, he is violating another rule there.

On another note, did anyone see the water tanker that turned turtle outside the new Sai Service in Hinjewadi? What seems to have happened is, this guy was coming out of the premises and the soil (that was recently dug) caved in. Thus, the truck's right side was all deep in the ditch, with the left side up in the air.
Old 28th September 2011, 12:05   #683
BHPian

Thats scary! Bikes, Autos, Cars and now a Tanker trying to merge.
One of my friends i10 met with an accident near hinjewadi chowk recently. Apparently it was a Tipper which was trying to merge and ripped the driver side of i10. Even the front tyre was completely damaged. Luckily he escaped unhurt.
Old 29th September 2011, 12:52   #684
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I totally agree it is a disaster waiting to happen. Buses come in at great speeds and i fear one day i am suddenly going to see a biker flying.

I would want to be more active on the Facebook page but cannot access it in office and neither on my BB. Hardly login once i reach home late in the night. I can mail this picture to you (PM me your mail id) and if you have access please post it. This needs to be nipped in the bud before we are back to the same old story.
If you dont mind, I am taking the liberty to lift the pic directly from this page itself (watermark and all) (Will PM my eemail ID anyways, just incase...).

Our Hero cop was back in action today , disciplining drivers and raising his Danda to scare all those idiots who cross over to the wrong side.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-image145.jpg

EDIT : I have added this photo to Pune Traffic Police's Facebook page , with a small note of appreciation. Hope it reaches the right ears.

Last edited by sajo : 29th September 2011 at 13:10.
sajo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 14:00   #685
Distinguished - BHPian

Nice!

I spotted Tiger Cop for the first time today. He was furiously beckoning a biker coming the wrong way to turn back. The blasted biker was reluctant to do so and in fact questioning him why he should turn back, he had just a little cut to make etc. Stupidity of these bad drivers never fails to amuse me!
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th September 2011, 14:09   #686
Senior - BHPian

Good one Ojas. I suggest, we all pour in a few words praising this cop. Lets hope he gets the due appreciation.
Today, being a Thursday, traffic was pretty thin. No untoward incidents, except for a six seater walla trying to cut lanes and rear ending an Alto next to me.
Old 29th September 2011, 14:10   #687
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Nice!

I spotted Tiger Cop for the first time today. He was furiously beckoning a biker coming the wrong way to turn back. The blasted biker was reluctant to do so and in fact questioning him why he should turn back, he had just a little cut to make etc. Stupidity of these bad drivers never fails to amuse me!

Seriously!!

Today while I was taking the circle at phase three a two wheeler was merrily coming on wrong side and was gesturing at me for coming into his way!! I felt like mowing down him!

Just as I completed the turn a police sumo screeched to a halt, it too was on the wrong side of the road. I hope people who does this learn their lessons the hard way, but the saddest part is that more often than not it is the person who sticks to the law who is at loss!
Old 29th September 2011, 14:10   #688
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I spotted Tiger Cop for the first time today. He was furiously beckoning a biker coming the wrong way to turn back. The blasted biker was reluctant to do so and in fact questioning him why he should turn back, he had just a little cut to make etc.
Another amusing thing is , as a big group of well-educated, well-dressed bikers on the wrong side spotted him, they quickly dismounted and rushed into a tapri. I mean, couldnt they just turn back and head in the right direction instead of wasting time , waiting for the cops to go away ?
Old 29th September 2011, 18:30   #689
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
If you dont mind, I am taking the liberty to lift the pic directly from this page itself (watermark and all) (Will PM my eemail ID anyways, just incase...).

Our Hero cop was back in action today , disciplining drivers and raising his Danda to scare all those idiots who cross over to the wrong side.

EDIT : I have added this photo to Pune Traffic Police's Facebook page , with a small note of appreciation. Hope it reaches the right ears.
Thanks sajo. Not an issue. He deserves all the appreciation and kudos.

By the way what time was it when you saw the cop. When i crossed the stretch at 9 AM he was gone and everybody were back at the wrong side.
Old 30th September 2011, 10:35   #690
Senior - BHPian

Hinjewadi Idiots for the day.

Today again no sign of the hero at the time i come in and have a good time clicking morons on the wrong side of the road.

First it was the normal sight of bikes/six seaters and a stray taxi on the worng side of the road. Check the snap below. Also see in the snap that the Plastic barriers that have been put up have been conveniently dropped down by some morons.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img00097.jpg

Then came a shocker. A Traveltime Tempo Traveller and a six seater were going parallely on the wrong side. If you see in the snap below you can see one PMT bus coming in from the opposite side at the far end. If anyone has any contacts in Traveltime i would like to send across these 2 snaps to them.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img00099.jpg

By the time the tempo traveller reached the end of the divider it was not possible for him to merge with traffic because of the PMT bus. So what does this guy do. Goes around the PMT bus from the right hand side and merges with the traffic. Check the snap below.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img00100.jpg

And what i see later is even more shocking. He has to go to phase I, so after coming from the wrong side he cuts across 2 lanes and takes a left to Phase I. Was not able to capture this act.

Ojas if you can please upload these as well on Facebook page. Thanks in advance. I think we should bombard the page with these snaps every day. Not very difficult to capture these.
amitwlele is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks