Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2011, 15:35   #436
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Bikers are such complete morons (pardon the generalisation, I have a couple of very good biker friends but am referring specifically to those who take the Wakad flyover). Yesterday a couple of them cut me off dangerously at the base of the flyover since they wanted to get back into the correct lane. A few of the plastic flappy dividers were sacrificed in the bargain. Then an Innova taxi (yup you read that right) pulled the same stunt. I was in my Vento so I quickly gave way. Believe me it was a massacre, or perhaps I should say genocide. About a dozen or so of those innocent divider flaps lying belly-up in the middle of the road with nobody to mourn them.
Hmmm how about killing boredom? I am here having nothing to do. How about a quick meet guys? Phase3 any tapri would do. Heck Any Tapri any where in the world would do!
Old 8th July 2011, 16:14   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Hmmm how about killing boredom? I am here having nothing to do. How about a quick meet guys? Phase3 any tapri would do. Heck Any Tapri any where in the world would do!
Come over to Vohuman cafe
Old 11th July 2011, 10:21   #438
Senior - BHPian

A view from the "other" side , now that I am a "commuter" and not a driver to Hinjewadi :

- The urges to get on the road and thwack a few people on the head has gone down drastically.
- I now look at all those people going on the wrong side with only a mild disinterest.
- My bus driver hogs multiple lanes, honks liberally, cuts other motorists off and generally takes advantage of his vehicle's size.
- Its generally hot, uncomfortable, cramped and very bouncy thanks to the quality of Hinjewadi roads.
- The bus seats (bench) are exactly designed to hold my physique + a slim lady by my side. Never happens.
- I have issues with being squeezed against other men in tight confines for 45 minutes a day.
- I have no issues with not having to spending on fuel.
Old 11th July 2011, 11:22   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
A view from the "other" side , now that I am a "commuter" and not a driver to Hinjewadi :
Based on your comments, it seems the AC bus service has not been introduced yet.
Are you happy with the timings or do you think these could be optimised further? How reliable is the service in terms of departures? I guess arrivals would depend on how unruly the traffic is.
What are the costs for a pass and a one way ticket? Thanks for the info!
Old 11th July 2011, 11:23   #440
Senior - BHPian

@Sajo: So by and large you are a happy man! Of course, getting squeezed against men for 45 mins apart, all seems to be good in la la land.
Bus hogging multiple lanes is no new things, only now, you are a mere spectator.

EDIT: Bala, he is talking about the office bus. Not the PMPML service (I presume).

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 11th July 2011 at 11:24.
Old 11th July 2011, 11:50   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Based on your comments, it seems the AC bus service has not been introduced yet.
Are you happy with the timings or do you think these could be optimised further? How reliable is the service in terms of departures? I guess arrivals would depend on how unruly the traffic is.
What are the costs for a pass and a one way ticket? Thanks for the info!
Company bus boss, company bus. The last time I have traveled in PMT was in '99 I guess. And that too because my school was on Karve Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
@Sajo: So by and large you are a happy man! Of course, getting squeezed against men for 45 mins apart, all seems to be good in la la land.
Bus hogging multiple lanes is no new things, only now, you are a mere spectator.

EDIT: Bala, he is talking about the office bus. Not the PMPML service (I presume).
Still dont like not being in the thick of things, traffic jams or otherwise. I am just dying to get up late and miss the bus, so that I can take the car out.
Besides, nobody now says to me "Tu ruk jaa yaar, tu toh gaadi se aata hai...".
Old 11th July 2011, 12:23   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bala, he is talking about the office bus. Not the PMPML service (I presume).
Quote:
Company bus boss, company bus. The last time I have traveled in PMT was in '99 I guess. And that too because my school was on Karve Road.
Haah, yeah I jumped that gun big time didnt I? I thought it was PMT because we were discussing this a few pages ago.

In my circles (I hope I am not infringing on Google+!), I havent heard of anyone using the bus in this millenium. I did use the bus as recently as last month to get to Kothrud from Pune Station. However, it was not reliable or comfortable in any way. When my wife heard I returned by bus, she asked me to rest as if I returned from war/ or at least a 16 hour flight!
I guess it is so bad that people actually judge me for taking a bus anywhere

Again, can I assume if there are any delays in your arrival no one at work can complain as it is their service?!

Quote:
Besides, nobody now says to me "Tu ruk jaa yaar, tu toh gaadi se aata hai...".
I guess this is the best benefit of it all, your folks must be glad to see you home earlier!
Old 11th July 2011, 13:27   #443
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
- The bus seats (bench) are exactly designed to hold my physique + a slim lady by my side. Never happens.
Perseverance Sajo. Would happen soon.

You must be saving a lot of money now which can be used to buy a new car
Old 11th July 2011, 17:49   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Perseverance Sajo. Would happen soon.

You must be saving a lot of money now which can be used to buy a new car
Ohh well, I mean, seriously, if a guy built just like me attempts to sit next to someone like me, I am sure half his bum would be hanging out of the seat , they are that narrow.The seating arrangement is not really 2+3, but more like 1.5+2.5.
But we are way OT now..! LOL!

Very light traffic and mostly clear roads outside now. Must be due to the fact that it hasnt rained all day.
Old 11th July 2011, 17:52   #445
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Very light traffic and mostly clear roads outside now. Must be due to the fact that it hasnt rained all day.
Apart from Ekadashi, there also is some other festival today. One of my colleagues is off today for that reason, not sure if its a bank holiday though!
Old 11th July 2011, 18:01   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Apart from Ekadashi, there also is some other festival today. One of my colleagues is off today for that reason, not sure if its a bank holiday though!
Not a bank holiday today. Though some schools and colleges are also closed. That should not affect Hinjewadi traffic though. I guess lot of guys have left early as they were feeling hungry
Old 13th July 2011, 12:42   #447
Senior - BHPian

Came to office, a bit late today, since I had some work.
The entire stretch from Wakad bridge, till DLF was E-M-P-T-Y. Reached office in 5 minutes flat! Thats from Wakad bridge.
Getting a feeling, that I should start commuting during this time only.
Old 13th July 2011, 15:04   #448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Came to office, a bit late today, since I had some work.
The entire stretch from Wakad bridge, till DLF was E-M-P-T-Y. Reached office in 5 minutes flat! Thats from Wakad bridge.
Getting a feeling, that I should start commuting during this time only.
No wonder i did not spot you on the Mayur Colony road today. Last couple of times i have passed that stretch while your ride was parked on the opposite side of the road.

What time did you reach Wakad today?
Old 13th July 2011, 15:16   #449
Senior - BHPian

@Amit: I was in Wakad at 11:50AM. Reached office by 11:55AM!
I think I saw your ride, however, I was just backing out of the gate, so couldnt check correctly.

Going by the work load in office, I leave anytime after 8:00PM. The road is relatively empty during those hours as well. So, to avoid the peak hour rush, the only two options I see are:

1. Come late/Go late. Something like 12 to 8.
2. A la Sajo. Take the company bus.
Since the latter isnt possible in my case, I think ill choose the 1st option.
Old 13th July 2011, 15:29   #450
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah I made it in 25 mins today. Must be the dull monsoons- people down with flu and viral or just goofing off!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks