Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 17:10   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

I hope yet another Hinjewadi First initiative from the mailer gets implemented successfully.

Quote:
.Improving Public Transport(PMPML) services to/from RGIP.
With the addition of AC Volvo buses from popular areas , many of the non-petrol heads will shift to PMPML, and that would ease up congestion too.
Old 2nd June 2011, 17:34   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

We (Hinjewadi Industries Association) are persuading alternate road from RGIP Phase 1, 2, 3 and joining Banner / Balewadi is in final approval stage.
So is this the long pending road through Mahalunge which requires a bridge to be built on the river?

Finally its in the final stage of approval
Old 2nd June 2011, 19:37   #303
BHPian

Latest Traffic update :

Both roads seemed to be water logged and packed to capacity . The road via Mezza 9 is heavily blocked with slow moving traffic and so is the case with the way from Hinjewadi - wakad road . The line on the Hinjewadi Wakad road has extended upto Shell Petrol pump already (but obvious reason- water logging at descend of Wakad bridge )

Average commuting distances currently :

Mezza 9 Route : 55 mins till underpass (water logged)
Hinjewadi - Wakad bridge - 70-80 mins (water logged)

. I dont have the guts to take a risk and drive in that stupid pile up .

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 2nd June 2011 at 19:38.
Old 2nd June 2011, 20:35   #304
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Latest Traffic update :

Both roads seemed to be water logged and packed to capacity . The road via Mezza 9 is heavily blocked with slow moving traffic and so is the case with the way from Hinjewadi - wakad road . The line on the Hinjewadi Wakad road has extended upto Shell Petrol pump already (but obvious reason- water logging at descend of Wakad bridge )

Average commuting distances currently :

Mezza 9 Route : 55 mins till underpass (water logged)
Hinjewadi - Wakad bridge - 70-80 mins (water logged)

. I dont have the guts to take a risk and drive in that stupid pile up .

Just returned route phase 3 via mann village to infosys circle to right turn at hjw chowk to wakad bridge to left turn on service road and highway took just above 50 minutes started from phase 3 at 1930 hrs!
Old 3rd June 2011, 10:51   #305
Senior - BHPian

Thank god i left early last evening. Looking at the rains, traffic was anticipated.
Anyways, took the route that @anilisanil suggested. Left turn after the flyover, and trust me that road is a breeze. Much better than getting stuck in queues, waiting for a U-Turn.
Old 3rd June 2011, 17:20   #306
BHPian

Guys its started raining heavily in yerwada.
Hinjewadi Guys rains are on your way as yesterdays experience leave early, enjoy weekend.
Old 3rd June 2011, 17:24   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Guys its started raining heavily in yerwada.
Hinjewadi Guys rains are on your way as yesterdays experience leave early, enjoy weekend.
+1, it is totally overcast and dark here; I can see Yerwada side from Bundgarden road. It is absolutely pouring in buckets and I can imagine how things must be in HJW already, please take some pics for us; it will also keep you occupied. Sorry, couldnt resist that one!

By the way if you guys reach early, do you want to plan an impromptu meet at Bavdhan? Excuse enough for me to run away too

@shabahmed; where in Yerwada are you located? would be great to meet up around here

Last edited by selfdrive : 3rd June 2011 at 17:25.
Old 3rd June 2011, 17:50   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I can imagine how things must be in HJW already, please take some pics for us; it will also keep you occupied. Sorry, couldnt resist that one!

By the way if you guys reach early, do you want to plan an impromptu meet at Bavdhan? Excuse enough for me to run away too
Its not raining as yet in Hinjewadi. Its been overcast since morning, but apart from a few drizzles, nothing. Would actually love some rains.

Now that you've mentioned about meeting in Bavdhan, I am all excited! Shall call you when I leave office. Shall take it from there then.
Old 3rd June 2011, 17:59   #309
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Its not raining as yet in Hinjewadi. Its been overcast since morning, but apart from a few drizzles, nothing. Would actually love some rains.

Now that you've mentioned about meeting in Bavdhan, I am all excited! Shall call you when I leave office. Shall take it from there then.
count me in too!

Looks like we have a good case for car pooling

BTW its raining heavily now in Hinjewadi!
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:08   #310
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

What time are you leaving? Trying BBMing but no response. I think the rain has started poudning down BTW!
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:12   #311
Senior - BHPian

Live traffic update :
Heavy rains pounding the HJW roads. Road upto Mezza9 seems to have heavy car traffic, but cant see an Jams, ie, things are moving along.
Beyond that, on the Mezza9 route, traffic is in motion, albeit slowly. If you want to leave , leave now! Half an hour more and the bus traffic will start. If i see jams, I will post here on the thread. Visibility is also quite low.

PS : I also feel we should also have a Generic Pune road and traffic conditions thread, like Hyderabad and Chennai.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:19   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Live traffic update :
Heavy rains pounding the HJW roads. Road upto Mezza9 seems to have heavy car traffic, but cant see an Jams, ie, things are moving along.
Beyond that, on the Mezza9 route, traffic is in motion, albeit slowly. If you want to leave , leave now! Half an hour more and the bus traffic will start. If i see jams, I will post here on the thread. Visibility is also quite low.

PS : I also feel we should also have a Generic Pune road and traffic conditions thread, like Hyderabad and Chennai.
How are things towards and after Hjw chwk?
Old 3rd June 2011, 18:42   #313
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
How are things towards and after Hjw chwk?
Towards HJW chowk is okay. However, I do not have that much visibility , beyond the chowk.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2011, 20:25   #314
Senior - BHPian

8.20 PM update :

Traffic is choc-a-bloc on the main road. Jams are not visible from where I am sitting (jobless, as you can see ) , but I am sure everything must be jammed a bit further down the road.
Has everybody already left ?
Old 3rd June 2011, 21:20   #315
BHPian

We got an update from our admin dept that all roads out of hinjewadi are totally blocked and the company buses would leave later than the usual 9PM once the situation improves.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks