Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd June 2011, 10:57   #286
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Traffic was a breeze today , Oh Yes it was a Thursday .
Some dear educated morons still didn't had the patience @ the Hinjewadi Chowk and took the wrong side to make a quicky. Again creating problems for the oncoming traffic . These people seemed to be hell bent on not following rules even if the roads are clear

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 2nd June 2011 at 10:59.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:12   #287
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
An Update :

Cops had sealed off that U-turn. Caused an even bigger jam on the bridge, as people waited to take the turn a bit further down the road.
Confused me a bit as well, as I had to inconvenience some motorists , even though I was taking precautions, by changing lanes and then taking the "बाणेर कडे" service road.

Ojas, what time was this? I took the same U-Turn around 6:45pm last evening. It was very much open then. Not only that, a few cops were also there managing traffic. I stopped and asked one of them, if this turn was legal, and he did confirm in the affirmative. Said they are trying and testing various options.
Oh and wait for it- He even mentioned that the flyover has been giving cops sleeples nights, and would love to see some permenant solution to the problem!
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:18   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Ojas, what time was this? I took the same U-Turn around 6:45pm last evening. It was very much open then. Not only that, a few cops were also there managing traffic. I stopped and asked one of them, if this turn was legal, and he did confirm in the affirmative. Said they are trying and testing various options.
Oh and wait for it- He even mentioned that the flyover has been giving cops sleeples nights, and would love to see some permenant solution to the problem!
Why do people take U turn? I take the left turn which takes me to the service road and I join the highway under the flyover, simple! I strongly suggest you guys too take that route, it is pretty much non messy and less intrusive to the main flow of the traffic.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:30   #289
Senior - BHPian

@Swanand, was after 8 pm.
For me, its going to be the Mezza9 > Ginger hotel road from today. Atleast, until I am fed up with that one.

Also, call me stupid, but thats also partly because I do get the feeling that the Wakad bridge is structurally unsound and you can actually feel it bobbing and swaying if you are stationary on it for longish periods of times. Like the feeling you get when you are on foot on a railway bridge and the train goes past.

Last edited by sajo : 2nd June 2011 at 11:31.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:44   #290
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
The permanent solution is to turn the flyover 90 degrees in either direction. IMHO, it should have been built so that the NH4 traffic goes over the local traffic; as anywhere else on the NH4.
Old 2nd June 2011, 11:55   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
The permanent solution is to turn the flyover 90 degrees in either direction. IMHO, it should have been built so that the NH4 traffic goes over the local traffic; as anywhere else on the NH4.
Given the harebrains we have, they will make another flyover perpendicular to the current one and will install a traffic signal where the two flyovers meet!
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:34   #292
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Given the harebrains we have, they will make another flyover perpendicular to the current one and will install a traffic signal where the two flyovers meet!

I just can't stop laughing . .
Coming to the topic , it has rained heavily and I am soaked till my knees with water . God help what time should be ok to leave office

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 2nd June 2011 at 15:35.
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:41   #293
Distinguished - BHPian

Dekho baarish ho rahee hai..it's raining it's raining, it's RAINing!

What's the best way out of this place in the rain? Planning an early getaway today.

By the way, here are a few updates from an official mail we got today:
Quote:
  • We (Hinjewadi Industries Association) are persuading alternate road from RGIP Phase 1, 2, 3 and joining Banner / Balewadi is in final approval stage.
  • Alternate road from Shell Petrol Pump to Infosys Circle in phase 1 has been approved by High Power Committee for construction.
One hopes these changes happen before too long!
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:45   #294
BHPian

Isn't that road next Shell where most of the vehicles esp water tankers and cabs make the turn choking the incoming traffic ? I hope the "High Power Committee" tried to ease out this congestion in downtown Hinjewadi
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:49   #295
Senior - BHPian

Confusion : Isnt there already a road a bit further down the road which connects..d'uh, the Shell petrol pump to Infy Phase 1 ? Its hardly a few feet from the pump to the chowk anyway.

Quote:
We (Hinjewadi Industries Association) are persuading alternate road from RGIP Phase 1, 2, 3 and joining Banner / Balewadi is in final approval stage.
This is a welcome move though! I mean, it going to the final approval stage. That means after some lena-dena happens we might finally get the road.
Old 2nd June 2011, 15:52   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Also, call me stupid, but thats also partly because I do get the feeling that the Wakad bridge is structurally unsound and you can actually feel it bobbing and swaying if you are stationary on it for longish periods of times. Like the feeling you get when you are on foot on a railway bridge and the train goes past.
Well, I have found that to be true on most flyovers on my route, except the Airoli bridge. So I am not sure if it's something to do with structural soundness.

Re the Hinjewadi flyover, I remember being frustrated by the huge traffic jams to and from Pune. However in our last visit I found there was hardly any traffic at the Hinjewadi signal and there was a divider set up at the signal (so vehicles coming from Mumbai towards Pune couldn't take a right turn). I was pleasantly surprised.

At the close of the visit we started from Deccan Gymkhana area at around 6am and I thought of taking the Hinjewadi route. To my utter amazement I reached the highway only to realize the way ahead was blocked! I then took the left and drove on till I found a U-turn. So there was an unpleasant surprise.

But all in all I guess the situation worked well. Though I agree the flyover should have been for vehicles plying on the NH4/bypass.
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:01   #297
BHPian

Thats really some good news - Der aaye Durust aaye - is what we can say when its actually executed.

Shell Petrol Pump to Infosys Circle in phase 1 - is it really going add any value?? Its better to extend the divider till chowk & repair n' tar the road end-to-end and put traffic sense in place. I think this alone will ease up the issue significantly.
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:04   #298
BHPian

When the flyover was built the builders were told , "Build a flyover" and they built it. At that point of time , there was no Hinjewadi IT park and the NH-4 bypass had barely any traffic. So they wanted probably to show that the IT park was treated to a flyover to ease the traffic coming to and from Aundh. They did not anticipate that the flyover would be probably a good idea for them on NH4 rather than HJN.
I remember at times before the flyover was built huge pileups with no one on the flyover , the locals standing on the flyover enjoying the view with long queues of vehicles on the highway and the road below. I myself had the rare honor of standing on the flyover for well over 15 mins in a historic traffic jam.
Been coming here for 8 1/2 yrs now and there is hardly any significant change.
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:17   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Shell Petrol Pump to Infosys Circle in phase 1 - is it really going add any value?? Its better to extend the divider till chowk & repair n' tar the road end-to-end and put traffic sense in place. I think this alone will ease up the issue significantly.
It will certainly help the crowd going to Phase 1! The most pressing action item however is clearing out the illegal shops and structures at HJW chowk and realigning that stupid divider correctly.
Old 2nd June 2011, 16:58   #300
Senior - BHPian

Oh that sure is a welcome move. Well, at least the process of thinking to do something has begun. Now, all we need to see is, if they do complete the task. Not like the "panch varshik yojna" (5 year plan) that our Govt ably carries out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks