Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th May 2011, 16:04   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Did anyone else get stuck in the major jam on the Bypass today?

I got stuck in the jam that started in front of VITS and led all the way till the Wakad flyover. Stuck as in royally stuck. The entire distance was covered at crawling speed in the 1st gear itself.

Apparently, two trucks had a breakdown on the bypass, resulting in the long queue's.

Left home at 8:30 to avoid traffic and still landed up in office later than the usual time .
Old 9th May 2011, 16:42   #242
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Did anyone else get stuck in the major jam on the Bypass today?

I got stuck in the jam that started in front of VITS and led all the way till the Wakad flyover. Stuck as in royally stuck. The entire distance was covered at crawling speed in the 1st gear itself.

Apparently, two trucks had a breakdown on the bypass, resulting in the long queue's.

Left home at 8:30 to avoid traffic and still landed up in office later than the usual time .
Yup i was also the unlucky one. I started at 8.25 from my house and reached the office desk at 9.50. I could see only 1 HP Truck with Gas Cylinders stalled in the right lane. Did not notice anything else. It was really amazing how one truck stalled lead to such a major traffic jam in the morning rush hour traffic.
Old 12th May 2011, 17:29   #243
Senior - BHPian

Well, the Thursday theory seems so true.. There wasnt much of a Jam, or even a congestion on the way to office today (10.30AM).
Hopefully, it will remain the same on the way back.
Old 12th May 2011, 17:42   #244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Well, the Thursday theory seems so true.. There wasnt much of a Jam, or even a congestion on the way to office today (10.30AM).
Hopefully, it will remain the same on the way back.
I am not facing any congestion for last three days, in fact last two days were much better than today. I start from my home at around 10:10 and reach wakad junction by around 10:25-30. And I would reach Phase 3 by 10:40-45! Awesome, no?
Old 13th May 2011, 16:16   #245
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I am not facing any congestion for last three days, in fact last two days were much better than today. I start from my home at around 10:10 and reach wakad junction by around 10:25-30. And I would reach Phase 3 by 10:40-45! Awesome, no?
Absolutely true , somehow the route has become faster for the last couple of days with just a few bottlenecks being the Wakad bridge descend , hinjewadi chowk and Mezza 9 circle

Touch wood
Old 26th May 2011, 10:13   #246
BHPian

NH4 this morning. There was this truck trailer that had mounted the median just before the bridge near the flyover. I wonder where the driver cab went!

Towards phase 2, near ICICI/Sobha. There seemed to an accident or something. Did not get to see what but the traffic had really piled up with vehicles from both directions going into incoming lanes. I was lucky to see the jam much before and moved to extreme left lane. Any idea what really happened?
Old 26th May 2011, 10:23   #247
Senior - BHPian

Yes saw the trailer on the median. Luckily it was almost completely on the median and not halfway. This would have blocked one lane in the already narrow stretch on the bridge and more chaos.

Passed ICICI at around 9.15 AM. There was not much pile up. Just the regular slow moving traffic. Guess it happened after that.
Old 26th May 2011, 11:46   #248
Senior - BHPian

Yeah saw that tralier too, and got stuck in the jam caused by that too! Even i wonder as to where did the truck carrying it go?

These accidents seem to be a daily thing nowadays. If not an accident, then a breakdown on the bypass. This is getting annoying .
Old 26th May 2011, 12:00   #249
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
NH4 this morning. There was this truck trailer that had mounted the median just before the bridge near the flyover. I wonder where the driver cab went!
You mean this one? I was totally freaked out when I realised the cabin was missing. And notice how neatly the truck is sitting within the divider- like someone dropped it in place!
Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-accident.jpg
Old 26th May 2011, 12:12   #250
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
And notice how neatly the truck is sitting within the divider- like someone dropped it in place!
You are correct; looks like one of those portable toilets from that distance!
Do you think it was stable enough by itself; what if it takes a knock from a passing vehicle?
Old 26th May 2011, 19:56   #251
Senior - BHPian

Rains today! Serpentine queue switched will be flipped on.
Old 27th May 2011, 07:56   #252
Senior - BHPian

Yes it was bad yesterday. Left office at 6.45 PM. Took the left at Mezza 9 and then it took me 45 min to touch the highway All because of people going from the wrong side and then blocking the way up front.
Old 27th May 2011, 08:53   #253
BHPian

Amit - Try the orange route in such situations. I've seen you on that route once. It took me 25 minutes to get from mezza9 to Kalakhadak underpass yesterday.

Today was a stark contrast. Open roads and visibly lesser traffic.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th May 2011, 09:42   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Yes it was bad yesterday. Left office at 6.45 PM. Took the left at Mezza 9 and then it took me 45 min to touch the highway All because of people going from the wrong side and then blocking the way up front.
I must've been in one of those cabs going the wrong way told the driver, but he refused to listen. Spent a good 30mins odd in the jam. When will we ever develop a good infrastructure & driving etiquettes to match the cars we drive today!?!?
Old 27th May 2011, 11:47   #255
Senior - BHPian

I hate all the people wanting to take the U-Turn after the flyover to get onto NH4 towards Kothrud, especially during the peak traffic hours. The U-turns disrupt traffic on both the sides. They can easily take the free left and get onto NH4 by travelling 700m more. The end of the flyover becomes a single lane and that lane often stretches to the gap in the divider where people take the U-turn. This in turn builds up the traffic on the flyover.

Last edited by pjbiju : 27th May 2011 at 12:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks