Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th July 2018, 10:49   #1876
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Yesterday was a nightmare in Hinjewadi! Don't know what suddenly happened? Sure it was not just the rain effect. Almost the entire IT park roads were red to deep red. Any idea what happened??

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-screenshot_20180705104552.png
Old 6th July 2018, 11:28   #1877
BHPian

Don't we have Palki Processions today (6th July) for Sant Tukaram Maharaj.
Starting from Dehu Gaon, to Akurdi with Night halt at Akurdi Vitthal Mandir.
Following areas will be affected (this is the Palki route - what I read):

Talegaon, Akurdi , Nigdi , Pradhikaran, Yamuna Nagar , Chinchwadgaon, Chinchwad Station.

Plus the rain around the corner, can be a perfect recipe for traffic nightmare (read disaster).
Anyone travelling to the above mentioned areas, please be careful to avoid the traffic mess en-route.

Hello Mods, Apologies for the double post (same is on Pune traffic thread as well). But effects everyone, hence posting on both threads. PLease feel free to delete, if in-appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Yesterday was a nightmare in Hinjewadi! Don't know what suddenly happened? Sure it was not just the rain effect. Almost the entire IT park roads were red to deep red. Any idea what happened??
It was the usual panic, that sets in everytime it rains.
Plus the wrong side drivers blocking both the sides.

There are alternate routes to escape from where you have marked as work on screenshot. I will post them in details shortly with VDO's.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 6th July 2018 at 11:33.
Old 6th July 2018, 15:53   #1878
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1778454
Apologies for quoting you twice for same post, however this is to mention that I was exactly behind your office at 6:45 yesterday.

Following is the escape route I mentioned in my earlier post:

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-1escape.jpg

Catch the road that leads to Symbiosys campus from Infy Circle :

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-2symbiosys-campus.jpg

the end of this road goes to Blue ridge if you turn right. Take left

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-3-junction.png

keep going on the unpaved road:

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-4-ther-road-ahead.png

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-5-keep-going.png

follow the wall on your right, till the dead end

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-6-follow-wall.png

when it all ends, you find a RCC road : take left from there

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-7-take-left.png

after around KM & a half, look for a Board which says "Mutton BHakri", turn right" from here.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-8-mutton-bhakri-turn-right.png

After "delicia"turn right. Or in other words follow theRCC road

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-9-dead-end-turn-right.png

you will see an orange building on your right, take left from there (stay on RCC road)
keep driving for a KM or so

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-10-lake-keft.png

this is a bit trick to catch, but this RCC road takes a sharp right with an unpaved dive to left, dive left

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-11-dive-left.png

Keep taking the lefts & land on a Tar road. keep following it, till you reach here. this is the Hinjawadi main road. with Flyover less than 500m to your right.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-12-end.png

PS: there are more roads that run parallel to this. But for some reason, the locals have put in fences to block the road (read - to block the traffic), hence avoid them.

If at all, this route if flooded with traffic: I have few more escape plans.

I cannot post VDO of the entire route, as I have few confidential discussions on going with a fellow Manager. & Audio on my device is not muted. WIll try & post after editing.

it only takes 11 minutes from Cognizant Phase 1 to land at Hinjawadi main road If you take this route. However if you wonder, why it took me so long from the screenshots: I tried few more roads yesterday & ended up realizing that people can set up barricades even of public roads for there personal satisfaction. Had to reverse thrice yesterday.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 6th July 2018 at 16:18.
saurabh2711 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 16:03   #1879
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post

Following is the escape route I mentioned in my earlier post:
Hey Saurabh! Thank you for the detailed route! Appreciate it!
The image I posted was from a friend. I am based out of phase 2 and seldom need to go towards blue ridge. But on that fateful day, my wife was at blue ridge and I had to pick her up.

I ended up taking the chande-nande route. On the way is my sister in law's house. Needless to say, wife was thanking the traffic jam which gave her a chance to meet her little sister on a weekday!

In any case, thanks for sharing the route. I am sure it will come in handy very soon!

Off-topic: if I may ask, is that a black colour XUV with Mahindra Adventure sticker that you drive? I think I have seen a similar one in and around phase 2.

Last edited by ObsessedByFIAT : 6th July 2018 at 16:05.
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2018, 16:17   #1880
BHPian

Quote:

Off-topic: if I may ask, is that a black colour XUV with Mahindra Adventure sticker that you drive? I think I have seen a similar one in and around phase 2.
I thought you switched Jobs, hence marking Ph-1 as work.

No Sir, I drive a Black Safari (It has a big #7 sticker of Trails all over - Hood & all doors - T-BHP stickers at rear door)& White Aria on alternate weeks(this guy is still naked - when it comes to any sort of stickers).

I am sure(well 99% - unless we have someone else whose TBHP Handle carries "...byFIAT"), We have met at Cognizant Parking at Quadron - Q4, around a year ago. That XUV guy is also at Quadron (not a BHPian). SO you are correct on that part, but its not me. Look for Safari with "7" on it.

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 6th July 2018 at 16:23.
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2018, 20:27   #1881
BHPian

Quote:
I thought you switched Jobs, hence marking Ph-1 as work.

No Sir, I drive a Black Safari (It has a big #7 sticker of Trails all over - Hood & all doors - T-BHP stickers at rear door)& White Aria on alternate weeks(this guy is still naked - when it comes to any sort of stickers).

I am sure(well 99% - unless we have someone else whose TBHP Handle carries "...byFIAT"), We have met at Cognizant Parking at Quadron - Q4, around a year ago. That XUV guy is also at Quadron (not a BHPian). SO you are correct on that part, but its not me. Look for Safari with "7" on it.
For some reason I did not get the "You have been Quoted" mail!!

I salute your memory!!! I had long forgotten your handle, though I notice your beast at Quadron every now and then.

Sometime back I had an Alto and the number (not the series of course !!) was the same as your safari's!!! Now, I no longer have the alto though!

Maybe we should meet up sometime!
Old 11th July 2018, 14:25   #1882
BHPian

Quote:
I drive a Black Safari (It has a big #7 sticker of Trails all over - Hood & all doors - T-BHP stickers at rear door)

Look for Safari with "7" on it.
Saw you driving out near from Q3 at around 12ish this afternoon. If my guess is correct you are seated on Q3 second floor. I probably might even know the project you work for
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th July 2018, 15:49   #1883
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Saw you driving out near from Q3 at around 12ish this afternoon. If my guess is correct you are seated on Q3 second floor. I probably might even know the project you work for

Sorry for the off-topic. I have been trying to send a private message to you and Saurabh2711. However it just doesn't want to go.

I believe all three of us are in the same facility and should definitely meet up.What say? A mini TBHP meet!!

Would be really great if you can drop me a PM with your contact number?
Old 3rd September 2018, 12:33   #1884
Senior - BHPian

Came across this news.

https://punemirror.indiatimes.com/pu...mpression=true

Off late, the below petition has been trending. Please sign . Although it's being run primarily by residents of Hinjewadi, basically will require all those currently facing the brunt of unplanned expansion and haphazard planning to get it noticed at highest levels.

https://www.change.org/p/liveablehinjawadi

From last couple of days, it has become a headache to even exit Hinjewadi during daytime (ie opposite the flow of traffic).

This is the scene today, on the slip road under hinjewadi bridge towards Baner. They have blocked entry onto the highway as a result of which it was complete chaos on the slip road with traffic coming from all three directions unable to join the highway directly.

Took this photo while traffic was standstill for a good 4-5 minutes at this point!

Attached Thumbnails
Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img20180903wa0013.jpg  

Old 3rd September 2018, 12:53   #1885
BHPian

This was in NEWS couple of days back, the main reason for this move out is "traffic jams"

https://abpmajha.abplive.in/pune/56-...problem-580750

https://abpmajha.abplive.in/videos/h...c-issue-580760
Old 4th September 2018, 05:55   #1886
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay386 View Post
This was in NEWS couple of days back, the main reason for this move out is "traffic jams"

https://abpmajha.abplive.in/pune/56-...problem-580750

https://abpmajha.abplive.in/videos/h...c-issue-580760
A similar article in English shared below.

People in the firms mentioned - has there been any actual talk on thi in your firms? Or is this just a soft push through informal channels to get some action by the govt?

http://www.freepressjournal.in/mumba...c-woes/1347780
Old 4th September 2018, 15:25   #1887
BHPian

New traffic rules implemented in Hinjewadi from today. Got below message on Whats-app.

Quote:
Update from Traffic Police : New Traffic diversions in Hinjawadi

With an aim to reduce the traffic congestion in Rajiv Gandhi IT Park, Pimpri Chinchwad Police Commissioner R K Padmanabhan visited the IT park yesterday evening and saw for himself the traffic situation. As part of the efforts to reduce the pain point, following traffic diversions have been implemented from yesterday evening.

1. Traffic coming in from Wakad will not be permitted to go straight ahead of Shivaji Chowk, it will be diverted towards left and will go via Infosys Ph 1 circle to Geometric circle and then come back on the main road.

2. No right turn too permitted at Shivaji chowk.

3. Traffic coming from Bhumkar chowk to Shivaji chowk will also be not permitted to take right turn at Shivaji chowk but use the straight road towards Infosys Ph 1 circle and Geometric circle.

4. Traffic coming from Maan village towards Infosys Ph 1 circle will not be permitted towards Shivaji chowk but will use Geometric circle.

5. Traffic coming from Bhumkar chowk to Mezza9 will not be permitted right turn towards Geometric circle. They will have to turn left to Shivaji chowk.

6. While going from Ph 2 and 3, no traffic will be permitted right turn at Geometric circle. All will have to move straight to Shivaji chowk.

We may continue to face traffic jams like today morning till the scheme settles in. All member companies are requested to disseminate the above to all employees and request kind cooperation.

Safety and Security Committee

Hinjawadi Industries Association (HIA)

Last edited by Who_are_you : 4th September 2018 at 15:27. Reason: Added quotes for WA message
Who_are_you is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 16:01   #1888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
New traffic rules implemented in Hinjewadi from today. Got below message on Whats-app.
Traffic reorganisation by making some routes one way was required to ease congession. I had suggested similar scheme earlier in this thread.

It will definitely take some time for the scheme to settle down, but thereafter it maybe end up being better I believe.

The geometric circle road I feel though is too narrow to take complete load of the traffic I think. Let's see however.
Old 4th September 2018, 17:29   #1889
Senior - BHPian

Perhaps the office of the commissioner should be moved to Phase 3. when the people in decision making positions are asked to follow the arduous task of avoiding traffic, they will ensure the infrastructure will improve.
Something which is the exact opposite of what judges in some court requested for recently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
The geometric circle road I feel though is too narrow to take complete load of the traffic I think. Let's see however.
Can it be widened at that blocking point? or perhaps there need to be barricades at the other wider areas to ensure that only a limited number of lanes exist. This could help with regular flow of traffic in limited lanes.
Old 4th September 2018, 18:53   #1890
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post

Can it be widened at that blocking point? or perhaps there need to be barricades at the other wider areas to ensure that only a limited number of lanes exist. This could help with regular flow of traffic in limited lanes.
I take back my words. Just came through the section. As the complete road from hinjewadi Chowk to phase 1 circle and geometric circle is one way, both carriage ways are being used for same direction traffic so the less width is nullified to a great extent. Of course this route has less traffic in the evening. Need to see how it is in the morning to really assess the effect.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks