Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2013, 20:18   #1681
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat_iyer View Post
It took me 45 minutes to reach Phase II from under the Wakad flyover. Any particular reason why it was so bad today? I couldn't see any accident on the way.
45 minutes was pretty descent.It took me almost 1.5 hrs to reach DLF. All this while I was trying to find what is causing the jam.

Even during evening there was a series of water tankers and goods truck which occupied the right most lane causing a jam.

Since a couple of weeks,the wakad flyover is clogged even at 8:15 AM with impatient bikers getting into the oncoming lane.I feel there should be a separate lane is dedicated to the two wheelers,for their own safety and for better traffic management.
Old 28th February 2013, 11:37   #1682
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratos11 View Post
45 minutes was pretty descent.It took me almost 1.5 hrs to reach DLF. All this while I was trying to find what is causing the jam.

Even during evening there was a series of water tankers and goods truck which occupied the right most lane causing a jam.

Since a couple of weeks,the wakad flyover is clogged even at 8:15 AM with impatient bikers getting into the oncoming lane.I feel there should be a separate lane is dedicated to the two wheelers,for their own safety and for better traffic management.
It was around 10.30 am for me, so i was lucky i guess . I totally agree, a separate lane for two wheelers will definitely ease some of the chaos, as currently they try to squeeze in/occupy every inch of available space between all lanes, including the other side!

Today being Thursday I came via the bhumkar chowk/Mezzanine route, and it was pretty ok, reached pretty fast as per hinjewadi standards!
Old 1st March 2013, 12:03   #1683
Senior - BHPian

It was horrible a couple of days ago , even before 9 am. Surprisingly , today it took me < 10 minutes to reach phase 1 from flyover. My timings remain more or less the same since I use the company bus.. But the traffic pattern indeed makes no sense.
Old 5th March 2013, 15:08   #1684
BHPian

Heard there was an accident near Wipro circle in phase-2 yesterday evening between Swift and 6-seater where the 6-seater was in shambles (heard). Didnt see anything - chaos / fight / police though.
That circle is becoming one more bottleneck these days during evening. Especially - with company buses and a few six seaters parked right on the road leading to the circle and just after that.
Coming from Infosys / IBM from hill-side merging on the circle is becoming risky nowadays.
Old 19th March 2013, 18:48   #1685
BHPian

For those taking the Nande-Chande route (henceforth designated as Back Route ):

the 4 , for lack of better word, pipe laying excavations after you cross the bridge (Pune bound direction) are now filled up. The first and the last ones are converted to speed breakers and the middle ones covered flush with the road. Same with the next set of two midway between the bridge and the Symbiosis turn off.

The connector from the Chande sign board to Ghotwade phata has become pathetic. With pretty low incoming traffic, driving with rightside wheels on the right shoulder (aka incoming lane!) is best on your ride.
mmxylorider is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st March 2013, 15:02   #1686
BHPian

While rest of the route is now better, there seems to be no sign of repairing the chande board - ghotwade phata! it's been like that since ages now. Traffic would surely increase on this route for folks over time. Not sure if company buses have started plying by this route. If they do, then its curtains for those who use this route to go to DLF.
Old 4th April 2013, 14:50   #1687
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
For those taking the Nande-Chande route (henceforth designated as Back Route ):
On the return home commute yesterday, noticed road re-surfacing was in progress on the stretch between Nande Gaon -Symbiosys turn off. Hopefully they might have covered the connector!

At the Nande gaon junction, the road leading to Balewadi complex is seen being made better. Hope it is not an fix for short stretch but the entire road. It would be a good alternative for Baner people to come to HJW.
Old 10th April 2013, 09:08   #1688
BHPian

Two new speed breakers have cropped up (before the bridge) in past few days. pl be aware of drivers slowing down abruptly at those. Saw one rear ending few days back - biker hitting a car. No great damage and it was resolved quite amicably - surprisingly.

The re-surfacing on the later stretch is completed. Which is good, but the tar could have been put to better use for re-surfacing the Chande board-Ghotwade Phata connector.
Old 15th April 2013, 21:49   #1689
Senior - BHPian

Today evening my car was lightly t-boned by a bunch of gunthesh goons in a white Tata Safari , in Hinjewadi. There was a wedding nearby and these chaps might be going to or coming from there. Of course there was no way I could have did anything about it apart from carry on, which is exactly what I did.
Old 16th April 2013, 11:55   #1690
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Today evening my car was lightly t-boned by a bunch of gunthesh goons in a white Tata Safari , in Hinjewadi. There was a wedding nearby and these chaps might be going to or coming from there. Of course there was no way I could have did anything about it apart from carry on, which is exactly what I did.
Did I mention that the Safari had a big metal bull bar ? And a political party logo on the number plate (non-conforming, since it was silver). He hit my car like clockwork.
I was merging into the divided road near the Ginger hotel underpass from the Orange Route and he was coming from Ginger hotel side and trying to turn into Mezza9 route.
I was moving along with the traffic flow and people were patiently waiting for their turn to cross. But no, Safari guy being the Mantri of his Guntha , had to barge in.
Old 16th April 2013, 12:25   #1691
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I was moving along with the traffic flow and people were patiently waiting for their turn to cross. But no, Safari guy being the Mantri of his Guntha , had to barge in.
I guess its always better not to mess with these folks assuming that the damage is very minor. Getting into arguments would cause more headaches.

There are 2-3 cops at that location during peak traffic. Any intervention by those guys?
Old 16th April 2013, 12:30   #1692
Senior - BHPian

Actually, the cops are at the other end, near the flyover. I was on the opposite Hinjewadi side, just where the road forks.
And even if I did choose to argue , or go to the cops, do you honestly think that it would have helped, especially in Hinjewadi ? Cops salute them as they rumble past breaking all laws with impunity and a single phone call can get a whole lot of other gunthesh folks to the aid of their brethren in "distress".
Old 19th April 2013, 10:20   #1693
BHPian

It turns worse when there is any marriage or something at Draupada lawns. The entire fleet of such hooligans is present with cars parked in all directions creating a chaos.

Fortunately I escaped finally from all those madness after suffering for 4 years .

Last edited by Dodge_Viper : 19th April 2013 at 10:22.
Old 19th April 2013, 10:29   #1694
BHPian

I am told MIDC officials inspected the Nande board-Ghotwade phata connector yesterday and talks are on getting the maintenance to be handled by MIDC.

I hope it gets repaired soon. With 2 wheelers overtaking (albeit at low speeds), few times I am concerned the rocking motion of the car as it goes over the potholes could sideswipe these 2 wheelers.
Old 25th April 2013, 14:48   #1695
BHPian

Came to know just now that there is some festival at Hinjewadi due to which Phase 1 route will be blocked from 4pm-8pm. All vehicles will be routed via Mezza 9.

Take care guys! HJW sucks :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks