Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th February 2013, 10:23   #1666
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Came to know from a colleague that there has been an accident opposite Bharat Petroleum between Honda City and a tempo near Wipro phase2 and it has stalled HJW traffic. Any details?

And I was whining about 830am traffic

Though looks like some widening of roads after the Wakad flyover is about to commence.
Old 13th February 2013, 19:33   #1667
BHPian

Major traffic jam reported due to some procession at Phase1 (Shivaji Chowk).
We got the mail from transport team for the expected procession and ham between 5.30pm to 7.30pm. Pileup has reached beyond Infosys circle it seems.
Am not leaving for next one hr at least
Old 19th February 2013, 16:00   #1668
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Came to know from a colleague that there has been an accident opposite Bharat Petroleum between Honda City and a tempo near Wipro phase2 and it has stalled HJW traffic. Any details?

And I was whining about 830am traffic

Though looks like some widening of roads after the Wakad flyover is about to commence.

The details of this accident have been shared by the unfortunate infoscion. It seems that the tempo was travelling in the morning towards wakad at high speed so that he can do 1 more morning trip and earn 100 more bucks when he suddenly lost control, hit the divider, flew in the air and smashed the Honda city from the right hand side corner. Note that the car was almost at standstill and just 15 days old. Thankfully, the driver and the passengers are safe.
Old 21st February 2013, 15:27   #1669
Senior - BHPian

The signals at Shivaji chowk are operational (again) since the past few days.
Yesterday morning, I was heading towards Mezza9 , and the signal was green for me. However, the traffic ahead wasnt moving so I queued up in the middle of the chowk behind two other cars who were inching ahead.
Right in front of my eyes, the signal changed to yellow and then red,and I was still about a car length away from being in the clear. As soon as that happened the cops , who were at a distance all this while, suddenly swarmed all over my car asking me to pull over. I just made the "What?" sign with my hand, muttered to them in Marathi , and drove right past them. A couple of unfortunate two wheelers behind me were stopped though.
Old 21st February 2013, 16:53   #1670
BHPian

Does anyone know what is happening to the stretch after Hinjewadi flyover and till Mankar Chowk? They have installed dividers and kept huge space in between as if reserving it for buses.
Old 21st February 2013, 17:13   #1671
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge_Viper View Post
They have installed dividers and kept huge space in between as if reserving it for buses.
BRT? EEEKSSS!!

Come to think of it though, HJW is one area where BRT could work quite well* and go a long way towards discouraging personal transportation.

*Provided its implemented properly. And the lanes dont become a free for all for lawbreakers while law-abiding drivers are stuck forever in the pvt vehicles' lane.
Old 21st February 2013, 18:48   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know what is happening to the stretch after Hinjewadi flyover and till Mankar Chowk? They have installed dividers and kept huge space in between as if reserving it for buses.
That is BRTS!!! Bus-ki Rod Tod Seva!!!
I'm just curoius on future of water tank. It is so close to main road that out of control heavy vehicle can bring flood in Wakad! Not sure how they will manage footpath & dedicated bicycle lane around that tank?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
BRT? EEEKSSS!!

Come to think of it though, HJW is one area where BRT could work quite well* and go a long way towards discouraging personal transportation.

*Provided its implemented properly. And the lanes dont become a free for all for lawbreakers while law-abiding drivers are stuck forever in the pvt vehicles' lane.
Irony! BRT is only till Wakad. Because the great gram panchayats of HJW & MAN villages are not in PMC/PCMC!!!
Old 21st February 2013, 18:55   #1673
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Read somewhere that BRTS is coming up in Hinjewadi. I wonder why don't they just plan a metro station & an airport right there at Hinjewadi chowk too!
Old 21st February 2013, 19:12   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

Read somewhere that BRTS is coming up in Hinjewadi. I wonder why don't they just plan a metro station & an airport right there at Hinjewadi chowk too!
Yeah. Probably a high speed bullet train also between Mumbai-Hinjewadi. I can bet maximum Mumbai people will favour it. It will help people travel everyday.
Old 22nd February 2013, 10:24   #1675
BHPian

Quote:
Yeah. Probably a high speed bullet train also between Mumbai-Hinjewadi. I can bet maximum Mumbai people will favour it. It will help people travel everyday.
That felt so nice only reading this...only if all wishes came true.

BTW - there is one more BRTS planned i.e Aundh-Ravet. So if you are used to go from Aundh - Park Street - Dange Chowk, its a mess right now due to fly over constuction; after that all the wide lanes would be taken over by dedicated BRTS lanes and mango-people would be left with two small lanes.
Enjoy.
Old 22nd February 2013, 10:35   #1676
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
That felt so nice only reading this...only if all wishes came true.

BTW - there is one more BRTS planned i.e Aundh-Ravet. So if you are used to go from Aundh - Park Street - Dange Chowk, its a mess right now due to fly over constuction; after that all the wide lanes would be taken over by dedicated BRTS lanes and mango-people would be left with two small lanes.
Enjoy.
Even if they plan a dedicated BRTS, I doubt for how much time that lane will be used "only" by buses. Soon the great cabbies, 6-seater-smokers will start using them.

And for the Dange Chowk route, that's the most terrible route to take now.
Old 27th February 2013, 11:39   #1677
BHPian

What a wonderful jam today ....all roads leading to hinjewadi , choked with heavey to very heavey trucks . All traffic restrictions/rules seems to be thrown to dust ...seen this at even 9 35 am only, collegaue reported same situation at 11 15, 11 30 also.

Painful days are ahead it seems !
Old 27th February 2013, 11:58   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
What a wonderful jam today ....all roads leading to hinjewadi , choked with heavey to very heavey trucks . All traffic restrictions/rules seems to be thrown to dust ...seen this at even 9 35 am only, collegaue reported same situation at 11 15, 11 30 also.

Indeed, it took me an hour to get to DLF from Baner today. I had started at 9am. Also, couldn't get a parking slot in DLF yesterday at 1pm. The number of 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers on the Hinjewadi route seems to be growing rapidly.
Old 27th February 2013, 11:59   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post

The moment I saw the pile up on bridge, took a u-turn and headed via Bhumkar chowk road. Hinjewadi traffic has become highly unpredictable these days. Sometimes one reaches office in 10 mins and next day 40 mins.
Old 27th February 2013, 12:18   #1680
BHPian

Man it was painful today. It took me 45 minutes to reach Phase II from under the Wakad flyover. Any particular reason why it was so bad today? I couldn't see any accident on the way.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks