Search this Thread
Old 3rd December 2012, 12:46   #1621
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
In case you have missed this news-
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/a...ntenttarget=no

There is no mention of Baner-Mhalunge- Hinjewadi connectivity.
Thanks for the link, kedar.
I am concerned about 21.5 crores of taxpayer's moneybeing spent for repair of existing roads, especially after seeing the quality of the resurfacing.
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:00   #1622
Senior - BHPian

21.5 cr is the money allotted for work. How much is actually utilised for road work, is a matter of debate!

The village route has been nicely done. Saves a lot of time that used to be spent dodging potholes. A lot is still left desirable, but nonetheless, its been done pretty good, compared to the quality of the 'main' road.

P.S: . Im back! Back to Pune. Back to HJW. Back to the traffic situations of our beloved city!
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 14:08   #1623
BHPian

The Friday before last (23 Nov probably), I left phase 1 at 7:30 PM and reached Wakad flyover, a distance of hardly 3 km, at around 9:00 PM. So much for road improvements.

Pradeep
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:25   #1624
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
P.S: . Im back! Back to Pune. Back to HJW. Back to the traffic situations of our beloved city!
Welcome back SI.

Over the last couple of months i find that the Hinjewadi traffic situation has improved a lot. I touch Wakad junction at around 9.30 AM every morning and the drive till HInjweadi chowk is not a problem. No longer a long queue of vehicles stretching till Marriott or HP Pump. Even the Wipro circle traffic movement has greatly improved.

Am i the only one encountering this?? Am i dreaming??
Old 3rd December 2012, 15:42   #1625
BHPian

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
......I left phase 1 at 7:30 PM and reached Wakad flyover, a distance of hardly 3 km, at around 9:00 PM...
Pradeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Over the last couple of months i find that the Hinjewadi traffic situation has improved a lot. ...
does that mean traffic when Swanand was not around was better and after he coming back is going to be nightmare...
<<wicked smile>>

jokes apart, welcome back Swanand to one of the most enjoyable office commutes

Last edited by advaitlele : 3rd December 2012 at 15:43.
Old 3rd December 2012, 16:39   #1626
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Welcome back SI.

Over the last couple of months i find that the Hinjewadi traffic situation has improved a lot. I touch Wakad junction at around 9.30 AM every morning and the drive till HInjweadi chowk is not a problem. No longer a long queue of vehicles stretching till Marriott or HP Pump. Even the Wipro circle traffic movement has greatly improved.

Am i the only one encountering this?? Am i dreaming??
+1

Morning traffic is too good. But evening problem is still there. After they started the signal at Shivaji chowk, there is huge queue in Phase 1 leading to Shivaji chowk. Sometimes the queue starts from Infy phase 1 main gate to the signal.

SI: Observed that you are back. Just last week, I found myself behind your car from Shivaji Chowk to Wakad flyover signal. Never met you, but know your car.
Old 3rd December 2012, 17:20   #1627
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
does that mean traffic when Swanand was not around was better and after he coming back is going to be nightmare...
<<wicked smile>>
What one should keep a check is the number of accidents (if they have come down) when Swanand wasn't around! <ducks for cover>
ninjatalli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 17:27   #1628
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
SI: Observed that you are back. Just last week, I found myself behind your car from Shivaji Chowk to Wakad flyover signal. Never met you, but know your car.
My car? in HJW? Last week? Huh? Not possible. Unless dad visited the land for some of his work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
What one should keep a check is the number of accidents (if they have come down) when Swanand wasn't around! <ducks for cover>
. Why Ninja? Why? I am only doing good to fellow commuters by warning them on acident prone zones!
So much for community service .
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd December 2012, 17:43   #1629
BHPian

Quote:
My car? in HJW? Last week? Huh? Not possible. Unless dad visited the land for some of his work.
We are anyway highly OT. Is there any other Laura in Hinjewadi with discreet team-bhp.com sticker on number plate and rear glass? I think I seen this car on Thursday or Friday evening with 3-4 people in car. One got off at Wakad flyover signal.

Coming back to the topic, how safe is Chande-Nande-Sus road in the dark? I have never driven by that road after dark.
Old 3rd December 2012, 17:48   #1630
Senior - BHPian

Cant be my car then. There's another Laura, similar color, with a GotBHP? on the right rear.

The Nande-Chande route is pretty safe. Havent heard of any untoward incidents on that road in the past few months. That said, ites better to take this route in daylight.
If travelling after dark, better stick to the main road.
Old 3rd December 2012, 17:49   #1631
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek
Coming back to the topic, how safe is Chande-Nande-Sus road in the dark? I have never driven by that road after dark.
Should be safe enough, but you should be concerned about the cracks on the road, a good part of it doesn't have any road lighting.
Old 5th December 2012, 10:26   #1632
BHPian

Does anyone has update on opening of the road from Balewadi stadium to HJW ph-1?
This was discussed during the CM visit a few days back for HIA? And he "assured" to look into it.
So I hoped things may have moved forward
its high time folks upthere looked at having alternate road.
Old 5th December 2012, 11:05   #1633
Senior - BHPian

^ In the link posted in the previous page, there is no mention about that road being developed.
Even in the past, many such assurances have been given by many such VIP's, but as we see, nothing has materialised. Probably nothing will.
Old 5th December 2012, 11:14   #1634
BHPian

The 'bridge' over the nullah on orange route has been opened up this morning. It has made good difference covering that 20 m stretch.

This is still my regular commute route getting into HJW. The return commute has been the Chande-Nande route for a while now. From Ph2 to NH4, it takes just over 20 min. Barring the 2 km stretch where you turn right at the Chande sign board, the road surface is very good. IMO, Resurfacing this 2 km stretch will reduce the drive time by another 3-5 minutes.

The other thing I noticed is that an exit ramp is being created at Pashan to connect Mumbai bound NH4 with the sus road passing overhead. If only something similar is done to connect Sus road with NH4 on south bound side...
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2012, 11:41   #1635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
The 'bridge' over the nullah on orange route has been opened up this morning. It has made good difference covering that 20 m stretch.
You mean they opened up the new widened bridge ? Then its good news!
The old one had really poor surface atleast till monday evening.

If you are coming into Hinjewadi after 10 AM , then its advisable to stick to the Orange route/Mezza9 route. The barricades marking the additional lane for incoming traffic by that time are removed and traffic is back to a crawling mess since Monday.

Not that it stops cabbies/6 seaters/two wheelers from going back to their old methods of simply hopping over to the wrong side.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks