Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th August 2010, 16:57   #16
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
As a practice, I don't wait for last day to renew my PUC. I do it one week before. Because, the reading measured gives me an indication of whether the car needs a service or not based on how much it's polluting. And it's always safe to get that done earlier. If I see the readings going north, I go and do a service and then take another shot at PUC. They charge 80 - 90 bucks near my place. But that's what I spend in 6 months to ensure I'm not polluting more than prescribed limits, where as I spend 20K in the same period as fuel bill for my commute to office.
MX6, this is a very good and responsible gesture from your side. This reminds me that my RX's PUC is due, anyway it is a good news for me.

Spike
Old 16th August 2010, 17:59   #17
Senior - BHPian

For Petrol cars - Rs.45. For Diesel - Rs.60.

Quote:
Originally Posted by t18 View Post
I would like to know why the price of taking out a PUC is different in different locations. for eg: The PUC I buy near my home in Ulhasnagar costs Rs.50 for a 4 wheeler and when i asked on eastern express highway it was quoted at Rs.100.
Old 18th September 2010, 01:24   #18
BHPian

I was once stopped and for checking, I had everything except PUC. I was asked to pay Rs 100, I paid without agruement and collected the receipt. Once I reached home, I was going throught the receipt and the reason mentioned there is "Lane Discipline".

Watch out, next time if the cops ask you to pay the fine for not have the PUC, make sure they mention the same in the receipt as well, am sure they will not.
Old 10th January 2011, 20:34   #19

Re: Traffic dept cannot fine motorists without PUC papers!!

PUC is only another boon by the Govt to cops to extort money from motorists. Most of us forget to get the PUC every 6 months. Cops can take advantage of that. What about the cops waving away vehicles that emits just like a Rocket?
Old 3rd February 2011, 23:55   #20
BHPian

If it is a brand new vehicle, is it still necessary to get it done every 6 months? For example, mine is 7 months old and I haven't got my PUC done. IIRC, new vehicles don't need PUC for 1 year and after that, it is the usual 6 months.
Old 12th March 2011, 11:13   #21
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by newinthomas73 View Post
PUC is only another boon by the Govt to cops to extort money from motorists. Most of us forget to get the PUC every 6 months. Cops can take advantage of that. What about the cops waving away vehicles that emits just like a Rocket?
When you get your PUC done, make an appointment in your mobile phone or outlook express for next date so that it reminds you that your puc is about to expire. You may make note a week before just in case you don't get time.

You can also create task in your mobile phone or outlook which will remind you for all this. Once task is complete, just mark it complete or delete it or you may reschedule it.
Old 5th November 2011, 02:33   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
@gov626:
As a practice, I don't wait for last day to renew my PUC. I do it one week before. Because, the reading measured gives me an indication of whether the car needs a service or not based on how much it's polluting. And it's always safe to get that done earlier. If I see the readings going north, I go and do a service and then take another shot at PUC. They charge 80 - 90 bucks near my place. But that's what I spend in 6 months to ensure I'm not polluting more than prescribed limits, where as I spend 20K in the same period as fuel bill for my commute to office.
That is a totally different dimension and a really nice way of looking at the whole PUC discussion. It's not just the law that should prod us to do certain things but also our own conscience.

Common practices like wearing helmets, seat-belts, lane discipline, speed limit adherence (and now I add PUC checks to it) should not be looked as mere traffic regulations but also things that help us be better drivers and automobile connoisseurs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks