Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2010, 19:35   #31
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
I am worried that having some sort of weapon at your disposal might bring out the aggression in you and you might end up over-reacting to a situation.
Boss, after what happened to me(near miss) I am ready to over react and by doing so if I kill someone, no regrets, you never know you might get nominated for President's medal. But I am also thinking otherwise, if some one is not used to use weapons, things may go wrong and these goon might becaome mad and try their owns weapons too.
Old 2nd July 2010, 20:07   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick17s View Post
hope she does not uses it on you,
just joking bro !!
Trust me, she has better weapons than that. Heard of emotional blackmail or EB ?
But you reminded me of an important point. Even if you have a spray can, you should not fumble while using it and have confidence at that time. That thing in your eyes is the last thing you want.
Quote:
I just informed about the puna incident mention on tbhp to a friend who has recently shifted to puna (he isnt not on tbhp).

He told me that his colleague has already been targeted last weekend.

also asked him to join tbhp and check this thread.
I am very confident that the Pune Police (Maha Po) will tighten the noose once there are enough cases. Until then the panchnamas and the other paper pen stuff will continue. There will be special dispatches and the department vigilance vehicles will do double checks on their designated routes. I have confidence in Maha Po atleast.

Sad to know this is happening to my city. People are known for their warmth and hospitality in Pune. I'm sure these muggers are not hard core Puneites or the margin of rich and poor has begun sprinting instead of the earlier pacing. Curses of modern era economics, that of paper and electronic currency.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 2nd July 2010 at 20:10.
Old 2nd July 2010, 20:38   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Boss, after what happened to me(near miss) I am ready to over react and by doing so if I kill someone, no regrets, you never know you might get nominated for President's medal.
Right, but what if goes the other way round? Think about the consequence & most importantly - your family!!! Aren't they more important than giving back to these muggers?
Old 2nd July 2010, 20:44   #34
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Right, but what if goes the other way round? Think about the consequence & most importantly - your family!!! Aren't they more important than giving back to these muggers?
Right. Discretion is the better part of valour.
EDIT: Unless you have a Taser

Last edited by prince_pervez : 2nd July 2010 at 20:46.
Old 2nd July 2010, 21:31   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Right. Discretion is the better part of valour.
Yeah!!! I was somehow reminded of this incident & was thinking what would've happened if the auto guy died on the spot. The Scorp guy should not only run behind the court for accident but also for man handling. Court, lawyers take their own sweet time is fine, but what about time & added headaches? And that's the reason for me to mention about consequence.
Old 3rd July 2010, 16:26   #36
Senior - BHPian

Okay..Exactly the same thing happened to my TL , near City Pride on Satara road last Monday.
Since he is not very physically big or intimidating, and his two assailants were, it got escalated into a scuffle. Two security guards and a rickshaw driver nearby finally came to his rescue. He lost his credit card kept in the front pocket.

I have been hearing incidents about same things being carried out on the road which leads to the highway from behind Mezza9 in Hinjewadi too. Do not know how much substance was in them till now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks