Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2004, 06:23   #16
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (vishnugnair @ April 23 2004,03:04)]....he should not have been there...and my right side is damaged...when i was on right side of the road and truck behind me. i dont know where what the heck he was thinking!!!!!!!
Hey Vishnu,

glad you are ok.

Sometimes at night, especially trucks with weak headlights just tend to blindly follow the taillights of the vehicle in front of them.
The taillights of the car in front of you are a good thing to be aware of, but to follow them blindly like this guy did is obviously not very smart.

cya
R
Old 23rd April 2004, 11:23   #17
BHPian

Wow....that was some shunt!!.But the good thing is and your friends were unhurt.Please be careful while driving anytime of the day and especially at night(i have a very bad exp here in mumbai).This is India and bizzare things keep happening on the roads and these truck n bus drivers dont give a damm for nothing.
Old 23rd April 2004, 11:44   #18
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

hey that was really a bad accident. And cud have been worse if it was a hatchback. Glad to hear no one was hurt.
Hey vishnu, i wud advise you not to drive without a license. Bcos in the end, whatever happens, whoevers fault it is, the blame will still come on you. Cos u dont have a DL. And u cud fall in deep trouble.
So better get a DL done and drive carefully.
Old 24th April 2004, 04:37   #19
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (v12 @ April 23 2004,10:14)]hey that was really a bad accident. And cud have been worse if it was a hatchback. Glad to hear no one was hurt.
Hey vishnu, i wud advise you not to drive without a license. Bcos in the end, whatever happens, whoevers fault it is, the blame will still come on you. Cos u dont have a DL. And u cud fall in deep trouble.
So better get a DL done and drive carefully.
ya also i am applying for a gun license!
Old 24th April 2004, 12:12   #20
BHPian

the guys eyes in the first image is really scary
Old 24th April 2004, 18:08   #21
BANNED

yo grim thats my buddy raghav...we all were a bit pissed off with the whole episode. also he has these red eyes in all the photos of his....we think he sold his soul to the devil !!!
Old 26th April 2004, 23:34   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] (Shan2nu @ April 22 2004,13:28)]......Watching these buses in action is like watching WRC. When i was doin my 1st year PUC in Mulki (near Mlore), i remeber, we had about 5-6 deaths due to accidents, around Mulki alone!!!

And the worst part was that i had to travel in these buses to Mlore every weekend and boy did i enjoy it * * * .....
Right on bro!!
I had the "Honour" to travel in those "WRC"buses and i tell u what, its scary. have u ever tried to sit right next to the windscreen? that's when u remember all ur gods names!!

u know what the IDL's issued to bus and truck drivers should have a tag line "LICENSE TO KILL."

Man they are crazy, they never allow u to travel in the NH17 by cars or any other smaller vehicles to go without a prayer in the driver's mouth!!

All my cousins and uncles do the most logical thing they travel till either M'lore or Udupi by car and the to travel to either of the places they would go in the WRC buses..

U know what these drivers' can easily get a place in any of the teams in the WRC as "proffesional Rally drivers"..

Well all that can be done is just hope that u dont fall victim to one of these drivers!!

Safe driving!!
Old 27th April 2004, 03:08   #23
BANNED

WRC buses........hmmmm well thats better than horn ok please!!!1
Old 13th May 2004, 20:04   #24
Team-BHP Support

hey kid,
you say you've lived in usa & the middle-east most of your life.

do you know how important it is to have a driving license and insurance in those parts of the world? you would probably have been prosecuted for lllegal-driving (non-possession of driving licence, and insurance) along-with having driving rights, car, etc. seized, and dad's money wouldn't be too much of a help in bailing you out.

oh well, ignorance is always bliss, till reality hits.

be careful.
Old 19th May 2004, 19:08   #25
Senior - BHPian

hi guys,
whatever any1 says the stretch of road from dharwad to mangalore via kalghatki -yellapur -ankola -udipi -mangalore is pure orgasm .
nothing can beat the sheer thrill on driving on that 500 km stretch.
i drive from mumbai to mangalore my native place only to drive on this stretch.
NO ONE WILL BELEIVE IT BUT ONCE ,WHILE GOING TO MANGALORE I REACHED ANKOLA AND THE DROVE BACK TILL YELLAPUR AT THE SAME TIME .
I SUGGEST ALL U GUYS SHOULD DO THIS STRETCH ATLEAST ONCE.
IT IS JUST SUPERBBBBBBBB
Old 20th May 2004, 14:04   #26
Team-BHP Support

glad to know u guys r ok..

highway make sure u pull to your left, make sure road is clear, indicators, flash lights n then cross.. our indian drivers have no sense of driving period form truckies to cyclist..

keep cars RC clean, insurance (comprehensive or at least 3 rd party) and DL (check if its renewed on time, yup they require after 20 years lol), if u r perfectionist pollution cert also..
Old 6th November 2004, 08:10   #27
BANNED

well guys have dumped my faithful old cielo....!!! now my zen gonna take the reins...for me..!!!!
Old 6th November 2004, 13:54   #28
Senior - BHPian

Congrats vishnu! Care to throw some light on why u chose zen? a hatchback over a sedan?
Old 6th November 2004, 16:09   #29
Team-BHP Support

boss the right side indicator on the highway is usedto tell the vehicle at the back that he can overtake . . . so mayb that caused the confusion . . .
be careful nxt time . .
manson .
Old 6th November 2004, 16:17   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by [b
Quote[/b] ]boss the right side indicator on the highway is usedto tell the vehicle at the back that he can overtake . . . so mayb that caused the confusion . . .
That's wrong conception. Showing right indicator means, that you are going to overtake a vehicle before you and alerting the vehicle at the back not to overtake you. To allow the vehicle in the back to overtake you, show the left indicator, means you are going to stick to the left so that he can overtake you.

Showing Right indicator to instruct the vahicle in the back to overtake is a stupid signal that the truck drivers make.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks