Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2010, 23:54   #31
Senior - BHPian

Why didnt you leave in the first place itself instead of arguing with those lowlives.

Thank your stars things did not get worse. AS many said, people get hacked in those kinda place for no rhyme or reason.

You should have just left and not bothered with those guys
Old 23rd May 2010, 13:09   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Ignore it buddy; just do a long drive or something that brings happiness & try to forget & get out of the frustration.

Yes, pls proceed with the police case, when you want to lose peace of mind, invite new problems, enjoy troubled life, keep moving between court & police station & all the more - lose money. To them, its part of their life & I don't think you should be wasting your time on it. Just ignore & keep moving Yogesh, its not worth it.
@ aargee : I agree. It gets more frustrating when you have a tiring day @ office, then get stuck in traffic jams and once you are out of it, things like these happen. Maybe this is a learning for me to just keep cool and not bother about such incidents. One thing I've realized over a period of time, "Driving / Road habits of other people shouldn't affect ones mind". But somehow even after having realized that its somewhat difficult to follow
Old 24th May 2010, 22:50   #33
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogeshnagpal View Post
@ aargee : I agree. It gets more frustrating when you have a tiring day @ office, then get stuck in traffic jams and once you are out of it, things like these happen. Maybe this is a learning for me to just keep cool and not bother about such incidents. One thing I've realized over a period of time, "Driving / Road habits of other people shouldn't affect ones mind". But somehow even after having realized that its somewhat difficult to follow
Chill... Things like this happen, and happen quite often.

1 thing I have learnt from the cabbies. They just don't give a heed to anyone trying to bother them or stop them for any stupidity on road. They continue with the ride and things become normal.

Next time anything of such kind happens, don't even give them your attention.. let them shout outside the car, roll up the glass with AC and some nice music
Old 15th May 2013, 15:20   #34
BHPian

Re: Fight club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2parag View Post
The following incident happened a week or two ago in Pune –
Back to the dream-world!!
Hi Parag,

Very sad to hear about this, seems like people like to vent out their frustration on unsuspecting people, especially when they know they will have the upper edge.

Where did this happen?
Don't try to reason with such people, either react or move out fast.
Old 15th May 2013, 18:15   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan View Post
Hi Parag,

Very sad to hear about this, seems like people like to vent out their frustration on unsuspecting people, especially when they know they will have the upper edge.

Where did this happen?
Hey Trojan, we all are perplexed at this inhuman act and hope that 2parag is fine wherever he is (since he has not posted much), but we are actually posting to an incident that happened over 3 years ago!

BTW, we have a great thread on this very forum as to how to handle road rage. Really can be a live-saver in today's world.

Regards,
Saket
saket77 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th May 2013, 09:25   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saket77 View Post
but we are actually posting to an incident that happened over 3 years ago!

HaHaHa you got me buddy

This is one of those hide under the table moments for me
Old 16th May 2013, 10:10   #37
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

HaHaHa you got me buddy
Some fun never hurts!

Quote:
This is one of those hide under the table moments for me
Not at all buddy...things like these happen a lot on forums...aise bade bade forum mein, choti choti baatein hoti rehti hain! Let me tell you, you're not the only one.

Chill out!

Quote:
However, the solution that you posted is the most apt one to be followed. Just managing to slip out during such situations is the art.

Regards,
Saket

Last edited by saket77 : 16th May 2013 at 10:13.
Old 16th May 2013, 10:32   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2parag View Post
Anyways, the question still remains open - can't we do anything to change our mob mentality? Is shying away the only viable solution?

Help the helplessness!
Of course things can be changed. If the majority want change that is.
We need collective changes to two fundamental behaviour we have as Indians.
1) If it doesnt affect me, its not my problem
2) Nothing will change, I feel helpless, I will blame my Karma, my ancestors, curse this country and then get on with my routine.

We are all guilty of the above mentioned behaviour at sometime or the other in our lives. We have hundreds of excuses for this, starting from 'oh I am middle class and I work for a living' or 'Oh I have no time for this' or 'What can one man do?' etc etc.
In your case, if you want, you can still raise a ruckus using our sensationalism driven media, put pressure on the police to register a FIR (assault with the intention to loot and murder), get the drunks and one or two local dadas rounded up, put pressure, go to court and send them behind bars. It might take up 2-5 years of your life in doing so, but is it not the right way as prescribed in our constitution?

How many times have we stopped by to help accident, assault victims, or even called the police helpline, shot videos to gather evidence? How many of us are willing to sacrifice our time in going to court to help out someone unknown?

Remember, if we dont want to spend our time and energy in doing the right things, things will never be set right. After all nothing changes by itself.. Cheers!!!
Old 16th May 2013, 10:50   #39

You should've just shouted "POLICE AA RAHI HAI BHAAAAAAGO!!!" as loudly as you could when the situation was getting below the 3 digit IQ scene and made a quick exit as the drunkards regained their ground.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd May 2013 at 18:00. Reason: No inappropriate words please. Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks