Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2010, 18:15   #256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
^ I am in Marathahalli and I am in. Anyone here knows the cops well in Bangalore. Will be good to have the cops called in too whenever required.
I am in Whitefield and go daily to E-city via Varthur Rd - Sarjapur Rd - SH35(to Chandapura) and at any point of time on any given day this is one of the lonlies road in Bangalore and after these incidents I am confident that one day I will confront the muggers and waiting for the D day. Anyone wants to have a trap in Sarjapur rd near wipro office, or ORR I am in any day any time.
Old 10th June 2010, 18:16   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
^ I am in Marathahalli and I am in. Anyone here knows the cops well in Bangalore. Will be good to have the cops called in too whenever required.
Count me in too, i am put up in J.P.Nagar 3rd pahse, Banerghatta raod is closer to me.

We can have a shared excle sheet with fellow bhpian's contact numbrs and areas so that if any help needed, we can send an S.O.S also we need to meet up and figure an action plan, get in touch with the police commissioner and get some added helpline setup or contact numbers which are accessable 24/7. If any one has contacts in police please share so that it can help everyone.
Old 10th June 2010, 18:19   #258
BHPian

I think the police numbers have been posted in this thread a few pages back. I have stored all of them on my mobile. I work near Bellandur and stay in Marathahalli, so I can be on the spot of these muggings in ORR within 5 min at any time.
I just bought a new car and reading these threads about muggings and accidents depresses me.
Old 10th June 2010, 18:22   #259
BHPian

that's file I filed FIR...I knew that nothing much will happen but increasing numbers of FIR's do put police force on backfoot. Otherwise they get away with good statistics showing significantly lesser number of crimers.

I must say conditions have become too serious and we must jointly do something about. It was quite surprising when I read about Dr. Balakrishna's experience on 7th of June. I was told in the last week of May that a trap is being laid to nab the culprits but still road side mugging is on rise and that too by the same pulsar bike gang. I still don't understand why cannot cops catch two thieves who are operating within a radius of 2-3 kms from police station.

@ Dr. Balakrishna => It would be better if you file an FIR immediately..delayed FIR's are acceptable too. In case you are visiting HSR PS, talk directly to Inspector Rajesh and file the FIR.

@ other victims => Please do not avoid filing FIR's otherwise nothing will happen.

@ all the Bangalores => Lets start helping out each other in whatever way possible. I take Bellandur ORR Marathalli route every afternoon and keep on watching around for cars in trouble. I'll definitely stop and try to help you guys out by informing police and mobilizing local people.
Old 10th June 2010, 18:27   #260
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prabhatmilan View Post
@ all the Bangalores => Lets start helping out each other in whatever way possible. I take Bellandur ORR Marathalli route every afternoon and keep on watching around for cars in trouble. I'll definitely stop and try to help you guys out by informing police and mobilizing local people.
We need more of you man.

This is what I have been harping about. The apathy of this city to its fellow dwellers is what gives these crooks to try something as brazen as this.

How many times do people stop to see whats the commontion but never side with the affected party.

The crooks know that the senile habitants of this city will not help the others in trouble are using it to their advantage.
Old 10th June 2010, 18:32   #261
Senior - BHPian

Guys, i suggest we meet up soon.
How about this Saturday, somewhere near Innovative multiplex on ORR, around 4PM?
Old 10th June 2010, 18:51   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
Guys, i suggest we meet up soon.
How about this Saturday, somewhere near Innovative multiplex on ORR, around 4PM?
Make it on monday evening or something as mostly active members of this thread are going to gokarna tomorrow.Both me and asdon too.

Avijit,
Any concrete plans.I am in.I guess everyone contributing to this thread already have their tempers out of control.Lets gang up and let these muggers know that there is a limit to everything.

How about Corsa_love??
I assume he had contacts with the traffic Police commisioner Mr.Sood.I understand that its a criminal case but still our only point of contact can be Mr.Sood.

We will have to unite and do something really concrete.I am sure tomorrow it can happen to anyone of us.
Old 10th June 2010, 19:39   #263
BHPian

group SMS

HI,

We can use SMS GupShup - Index to spread the message of any report as soon we come to know.

In this site, one needs to create a group and rest of us needs to subscribe to it.

Anyone part of the group, needs to send 1 sms to the group owner. He will in-turn send that SMS to the group, the site will in-turn send SMS to everyone subscribed to it.

This is easiest way to spread sms and also fast.

As this is matter of life/death. People can suggest better ways to spread news asap.
Old 10th June 2010, 19:40   #264
BHPian

If we are going in a gang, police contacts are not required. We straightaway fix up an appointment with Commisoner Shankar Bidari and meet him.

It would be good to mobilize the victims. We'll need atleast 8-10 victims to make the case stronger. I'm ready to go anywhere after 16th of June.

We can speak to all the local Resident Welfare Associations (RWA's) and get them in as well. There is a super association of all the associations (i think it is called FORWARD or something like that). RWA's can put a lot of pressure on public administration authorities.

Apartments like, Sun City etc. have very strong associations and they will deifnitely come along with us. Btw, there are 2-3 victims from Sun City and their associaiton wrote email to commissioner when local police refused to file FIR. So they have already taken up the issue with higher authorities and we can leverage this.

Anyone from Suncity apt on this forum???

So far "trap" is concerned it would better to get local police in confidence. Inspector of HSR PS appeared to be good and no nonsense guy but he seemed to be helpless due to the inefficient police team around him.

Water is going above head and it is high time that we do something about it.
Old 10th June 2010, 19:51   #265
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devrajman View Post
As this is matter of life/death. People can suggest better ways to spread news asap.
I guess half of bangalore is already aware of it.Spreading it would still help but will not prevent further episodes from taking place.As the cops are sitting like dumb ducks unable or not wanting to nail the people behind this.

Time has come for the real suffering people to unite and take some sensible action.Not being arrogant and destructible but doing something concrete to put an end to this
Old 10th June 2010, 20:01   #266
BHPian

Well, i meant it, if someone witnesses or getting mugged, he/she can spread the SOS and get any help if anyone is subscribed to the SMS group and is near. .

Just a thought....
Old 10th June 2010, 20:06   #267
BHPian

I suggest We do a trap

Lets target Sarjapur Road and ORR, few of us can wait near Sarjapur Total, some near Wipro office and some near Innovative Multiplex. and 2 cars do an up and down for about 2 laps from Wipro office and Innovative, this might work/might not but if it works, and the muggers come in just give a miss call to any of the members and all from 2 sides come accross. The car in trouble must be able to hold the gang atleast for 15 mins, and if we are really do it, then we need some one who can speak and read kannad do the laps, in case the guys run away he can note the bike numbers.

@ All - your inputs please.
Old 10th June 2010, 20:12   #268
Senior - BHPian

^^Catch hold of car with out of state registration plates. Thats the one they will look for and wire around. The driver must act out of town asking for directions. Thats a start. I hope none of the tech dept guys of the mugger gang is registered with T-bhp to leak out the modus operendi.
Old 10th June 2010, 20:20   #269
BHPian

I am in and I work at Sarjapur. So any help let me know.
Old 10th June 2010, 20:40   #270
BHPian

We would need some people who are natives of Karnataka or are fluent in kannada as even if we trap them and all of us reach well in time there is still a possibility of them getting the language benefit and people gathered around would have a sympathy factor on them and will not agree to our version of the truth.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks