Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th March 2005, 10:10   #31
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hey v12 that was really amazing. Were you alone in the car or you had company.
Alone.

Quote:
m not too sure of this but i heard tht if a BEST driver hits u.. n u r helpless as usual... just knock off the headlight on the drivers side
Do unto others what others have done unto you. This should be the last option.

Quote:
In fact you cannot even lodge an FIR agains them in a police station. This is because they r supposed to have their own court & legal system.
Correct me guys if I'm wrong.
I guess a FIR can be launched against them, but yes the court and legal systems are different. And a BEST driver can be arrested by a common policeman. Infact there used to be a traffic cop who used to even stop BEST buses jumping red lights at Mithibai college signal.
Old 8th March 2005, 14:45   #32
BHPian

@ manaa / shubbhi - I think you missed a 'not' before the 'responsible'.

thanks a lot bike freak , i shoud have been not responsible .

shubbhi
Old 8th March 2005, 15:53   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaa45
thanks a lot bike freak , i shoud have been not responsible .

shubbhi
He . . he . . hee
There u go again !
U probably forgot a 't' after the 'i' . . . .
Or were u trying to say that 'i should have not been responsible' for my mistake

Just pulling your leg . . . . . .
It's just that both the errors changed the meaning of the statement.
Old 8th March 2005, 17:32   #34
Awaiting Email Confirmation

man good job... doesnt matter who was with you but im sure you nailed the (beast)heheh!!!
Old 22nd April 2005, 02:05   #35
BHPian

Pulling a BEST driver out of the bus or even climbing into the bus and touching him can land you in the slammer because he is a govt employee who is on duty.However this rule does not seem to apply in the Nagpada area of central bombay because ive seen many bus drivers getting hammered by young guys on bikes whom they cut off and once even by a group of ladies.
Old 22nd April 2005, 12:02   #36
BHPian

I think BEST drivers are better among all the bus drivers I have seen in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Calcutta, Bangalore & Hyderabad.... I am speaking about the majority, there might be a few bad apples. Hyderabad drivers are also good...That's my 2 cents.
Old 22nd April 2005, 19:10   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover
I think BEST drivers are better among all the bus drivers I have seen in Mumbai, Delhi, Chennai, Calcutta, Bangalore & Hyderabad.
The drivers are very good but most of them have an habbit of squeezing our cars between their 120 bhp buses and the dividers
Old 22nd April 2005, 23:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Think about how frustrating and tiring it us for them.Especially going through busy streets nd all. I guess this gives them entertainment. Imagine doing the same thing for so long.Same route nd all

Last edited by khanak : 22nd April 2005 at 23:34.
Old 3rd April 2006, 10:17   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dippy
Well V12 quite an episode there.. Its sometimes fun to take the cases of these buses so long as you in aleast a big car. I myself have done it a few times.. I really enjoyed it

Cheers
Yeah rite, but u really dont need a big car, or a car even. I got even with a best on my pulsar 180 . I was driving slowly on SV road one evening, on the left and this best guy comes and almost pushes me on the footpath and then drives away. I overtook his bus and went ahead of him. Then brake hard, almost coming to a stop, behind me the best guy is forced to panic brake (coz how can he run over a bike) and in the process the passengers in the packed bus are thrown forward. This happens 2 more times and then i show the driver my middle finger,and am off and at peace

Ravi
Old 3rd April 2006, 12:59   #40
BHPian

i didnt find V12's write up humourous it was quite pathetic
agreed it was BEST drivers error but........
If he had all the time to keep a pace of 30kmph all the way and was in no hurry for any further scheduled appointment then his driving speaks for himself.
Old 3rd April 2006, 13:23   #41
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow
Yeah rite, but u really dont need a big car, or a car even. I got even with a b I overtook his bus and went ahead of him. Then brake hard, almost coming to a stop, behind me the best guy is forced to panic brake (coz how can he run over a bike) and in the process the passengers in the packed bus are thrown forward.
Why trouble the passengers ? I dont get it - on a bike if you do something like this and just by any chance the bus fails to brake in time , then what ? dont play with your life pal. Drive safe and always wear a helmet.

Cheers

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks