Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:32   #166
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter_Ego View Post
Would you all believe if I told you that even the stupid ambulance driver sometimes uses his emergency alarm and the blue lights just to get his way even when he may not be on his routine pickup/drop of any patient.
Yeah! Heard of them. Heard that even traffic cops don't budge and make room for such nut cases. But what if the ambulance is on its way to pick up a patient ? Thats where the real issue is. But thats for a seperate thread topic.
Old 3rd May 2010, 11:47   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Yeah! Heard of them. Heard that even traffic cops don't budge and make room for such nut cases. But what if the ambulance is on its way to pick up a patient ? Thats where the real issue is. But thats for a seperate thread topic.
True.I guess the root to all this lies in the human behaviour.

But one thing I have noticed is after the long hours I put up at t-bhp site, whatever I do I always have a feeling that whether I would be ridiculed or praised by my fellow t-bhpians for doing this and I am able to make the right choice.I hope many of you will laugh but true it is.As a t-bhpian I have become more sober and sensible to others.
Old 7th May 2010, 13:28   #168
Ice
BHPian

Got stopped at 1.30 AM this morning by a cop armed with a breathalyser. Passed the test 3 times - but the constable refused to accept what the machine was trying to tell him. Asked me to come and meet the inspector, who made me take the test the 4th time, with the same result. Constable asks me to accompany him to the hospital for a pucca blood test, since the machine "is not working". Doesn't answer my question about how the machine worked when they stopped all the other poor devils who'd been pulled over and were being fined. No answer. Then the constable intelligently points out that I don't speak Kannada. Asks me to give him Rs.2,500/- for the problem to go away.

I lose it - and call these guys out for what they are - pirates. The inspector comes over and asks me to leave quietly.

Perfectly ok if I was the only person in the car, or if I was with a couple of my buddies. Not cool when I have my pregnant wife with me and we are heading to the hospital. I pointed this out to both the constable and the inspector. What does one have to do to lead a peaceful life in this city? It's just a matter of time before I resort to some sort of vigilante justice - damn all these cops and their egos and their revenue targets.

Last edited by bblost : 7th May 2010 at 14:08. Reason: Offensive words are not allowed on Team-BHP. Please refrain from using them. Thanks
Old 7th May 2010, 13:32   #169
BANNED

@Ice: Thats a very bad incident there. Which location is this?

Another question I have. Since I now have a small video camera. Can I start filming the activities and conversations I have with the traffic police when they have asked me to stop?

@CorsaLove: I want to ask this question to the ACP whenever we have the meeting. Since most of us have camera phones we should be allowed to use the cameras when the police stop and ask for papers and other documents and record their allegations if any and place our replies there and then. I am sure they are going to wet their pants if this is allowed.

And if the ACP says no i need to know what excuse he gives for that.
Old 7th May 2010, 13:42   #170
Ice
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
@Ice: Thats a very bad incident there. Which location is this?
@Spitfire: on Dickenson road, proceding from Kamraj road towards the lake. The barricades were put up a few feet after the traffic light. And these barricades blocked the road - with these guys on the other side of it. They refused to move the barricade, and we had to turn around and go further down Kamraj road to work our way back towards Lakeside Hospital.
Old 7th May 2010, 14:01   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Another question I have. Since I now have a small video camera. Can I start filming the activities and conversations I have with the traffic police when they have asked me to stop?
This is a really good suggestion. If this is allowed, it should stop much of the harrasment. In fact, another option could be to make it compulsory by law to fix wide angle cameras on all 4 corners of all vehicles, so that all cops think twice when they are about to embark on their "interrogations".

Last edited by mooza : 7th May 2010 at 14:03.
Old 7th May 2010, 14:25   #172
Senior - BHPian

@Ice, that was a shocking incident.

if you want to follow it up with the ACP for Traffic, Praveen Sood - log a complaint on http://bangaloretrafficpolice.gov.in ( site is down right now ) or visit his office.

His phone number is also on Light in Dark..: Make erring cops pay : Praveen Sood, additional commissioner of traffic. From what I've heard, he's a gentleman.

I understand that there have been suspensions based on complaints.

Last edited by sdp1975 : 7th May 2010 at 14:32.
Old 7th May 2010, 14:29   #173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
make it compulsory by law to fix wide angle cameras on all 4 corners of all vehicles, so that all cops think twice when they are about to embark on their "interrogations".
And call it a UFO.
Aren't we going too far.

On a serious note I guess we can give some rest to this thread and as I mentioned earlier also the bangalore based threads have this special quality of running into many pages and no real action is seen.

Lets all wait for CorsaLove to get an appointment scheduled with the CoP and meanwhile if we all can meet and chart an agenda it would be really great.
And yeah the ideas and solutions should be practical and easy to implement.
Old 13th May 2010, 15:15   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
This happened to me recently just prior to the BBMP elections, I was returning from work and had to turn right to enter my street, there is an ASI standing there (it is a completely residential locality) he waves me on, I tell my house is in this street, he says you have to go straight, no turn allowed, I ask him where are you asking me to go if not to my house, he nonchalantly replies, MLA is in the street canvassing, so no vehicles are to be allowed.

Can you beat that? and he expects us to vote for his candidate.

Just fell off my chair reading this. I understand how frustrating it would have been for you Luke, but this is a really funny sign of the times we are in .
Old 13th May 2010, 15:40   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitoj View Post
If you have accepted the traffic part, then you should also accept the fact that this city ain't really kind to outsiders either. Of course, hardly any city is. But then again, hardly any city has decent traffic sense either. But still the fact remains. Why deny it?
I would like to disagree with you sir. From my experience, most of the people here are really good to outsiders. For example, where else would you find that people speak (or try to speak) to you in your own language. I agree that the language chauvinism movement has changed this to some extent. But try speaking in Hindi to someone in Chennai, or in Kannada to someone in Delhi and you will know how unfriendly or otherwise this city is to outsiders
Old 13th May 2010, 15:52   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
if you want to follow it up with the ACP for Traffic, Praveen Sood - log a complaint on http://bangaloretrafficpolice.gov.in/
On a related note, what about all the 2-stroke autorickshaws in bangalore with no catcons and baffles in their exhausts ? How come all of these are allowed on the roads ?

Is the police waiting for someone to file a complaint with each and every autorickshaw number that has a modified exhaust? And it doesn't take a rocket scientist to track these autorickshaws, a vast majority of the rickshaws in bangalore have these "free flow" exhausts and they're easy to spot!
Old 16th February 2011, 08:36   #177
BHPian

Re: Bangalore Traffic Police - What's Wrong?

As for all those who ended up being forced to pay bribes to the Traffic Cops and to other Govt. offices, you can record your statements, narrate the incident/circumstances here - I PAID A BRIBE

It is not a forum where the offenders are penalised, but nevertheless it is worth reporting such incidents. I am sure each and everyone of us can identify ourselves with any one of the numerous reports already posted here.
Old 16th February 2011, 08:40   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xryder View Post
As for all those who ended up being forced to pay bribes to the Traffic Cops and to other Govt. offices, you can record your statements, narrate the incident/circumstances here - I PAID A BRIBE

It is not a forum where the offenders are penalised, but nevertheless it is worth reporting such incidents. I am sure each and everyone of us can identify ourselves with any one of the numerous reports already posted here.
Hope the site's got one hell of a database storage.
Old 16th February 2011, 09:08   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
Hope the site's got one hell of a database storage.

Apparently, it does or thats what I can make out seeing the no.of posts being added every single day.

With regard to cops, in U.S. their motto is "To Protect and Serve"

A fellow BHPian (IronH4WK) coined this simple slogan for the Bangalore Traffic Police "To Extort and Harass."

I think it holds true to the last letter.
Old 16th February 2011, 19:52   #180
BHPian

Now that this tread is alive and people want to report many things to the ACP/ CP. Would some of you want to schedule that meeting with him in the coming week (s)?

Last time I sent PM's to a lot of people about it and got no response so let it cool.

Let me know.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks