Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th April 2010, 12:27   #16
BHPian

Hey Indra,
Still you have enough time to speak to the guy who hit your car, as he is sole responsible for the same.

I personally believe punishments have to be strict, on this case atleast so that the next time he doesn’t drink and drive. Luckily this time its the car think if he hits a person next time Contact him again and ask him to bare the charges.
Old 10th April 2010, 18:48   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
thats a sad accident. How much are the repair costs and how much is out of pocket ? With Skoda, you better be more vigilant.
The axle has been fitted and 2 sensors which has come up to 93,500. 75 for the axle and 6k for two sensors and bumper cost me 12500.

I still have receive the bill for body work, paint for alloy and chrome strip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I must say, the Superb has sure taken the hit well. I'm sure the Swift would have been finished? Legal action should have been taken against the drunk idiot driving the Swift. Last I checked, doctors are supposed to save lives, not take them. What if it was someone on a two wheeler at the same spot, instead of your Superb?
Yes it was badly damaged. The doctor knew my dad so my dad felt bad to ask him to pay. Btw he just missed a guy on a two wheeler who abused him after he hit my Superb.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
I dont think you should have let him off just because he appologized. Guys like this should be off the road. Forget compensation, you should have called the cops on him.

If he was let off this free, he will never learn a lesson and continue his behaviour till he probably takes either his or someone else's life
What to say. It was my dad's choice not mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha1 View Post
Don't get me wrong but a 60-80 right angle crash, and this less damage on body?
Looks like superb is a tough car.
The axle took most of the beating.
Old 10th April 2010, 20:54   #18
BHPian

@indra-First of all I am glad to hear that nobody was hurt.
Secondly-Doctor getting drunk and hitting others on road?Thats not acceptable and seriously requires to be brought out.Such doctors defame the entire community.And seeing the kind of damage your Skoda took I am sure that Swift must have been literally finished.
But its sad that even then you will be the one who will get a higher bill.
Old 11th April 2010, 01:15   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang89 View Post
@indra-First of all I am glad to hear that nobody was hurt.
Secondly-Doctor getting drunk and hitting others on road?Thats not acceptable and seriously requires to be brought out.Such doctors defame the entire community.And seeing the kind of damage your Skoda took I am sure that Swift must have been literally finished.
But its sad that even then you will be the one who will get a higher bill.
See as long as he admitted his fault and offered to pay I have no problem. But if for any reason he had not admitted I would have made it a big issue. This is my car which is given to me by my dad (I am 17 so haven't started earning) and I really take care of it. And the situation pissed me off but my dad cooled me down and said we will repair it.

The car is almost done, the only problem is the part which attaches the bumper to the body is missing on one side(it fell of while transporting the car to the garage) hence the car is lying without a bumper.
Old 13th April 2010, 21:25   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indra_slk View Post
See as long as he admitted his fault and offered to pay I have no problem. But if for any reason he had not admitted I would have made it a big issue. This is my car which is given to me by my dad (I am 17 so haven't started earning) and I really take care of it. And the situation pissed me off but my dad cooled me down and said we will repair it.

The car is almost done, the only problem is the part which attaches the bumper to the body is missing on one side(it fell of while transporting the car to the garage) hence the car is lying without a bumper.
So you are ok to take a hit of almost a lakh rupees instead of seeing the drunken driver punished? God forbid if you had suffered serious injuries would your (or your dad's) opinion be the same? Maybe the doctor would offer free hospitalization and treatment to the injured, eh?
Old 29th April 2010, 22:59   #21
BHPian

After close to 3 months I have finally got my car back. As good as new except a side chrome strip (which is on its way). Total comes close to 1.5 lac. The paint job is perfect and it is impossible to make out that there was a crash. Anyway took some pictures right after I got it.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Superb Accident EDIT: Now Repaired-img_0545.jpg  

Skoda Superb Accident EDIT: Now Repaired-img_0546.jpg  

Skoda Superb Accident EDIT: Now Repaired-img_0547.jpg  

Skoda Superb Accident EDIT: Now Repaired-img_0548.jpg  

Old 30th April 2010, 06:43   #22
Senior - BHPian

its back to the same glory, job well done.

Did you claim insurance ? Which company ? and how much did you pay out of pocket ?
Old 30th April 2010, 22:43   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
its back to the same glory, job well done.

Did you claim insurance ? Which company ? and how much did you pay out of pocket ?
Yes I claimed insurance (Bajaj Allianz). 25% is out of my pocket. I never thought parts would be so expensive.
Old 30th April 2010, 23:15   #24
Senior - BHPian

1.5 L is too much for the kind of damage. But since A.S.S know there is insurance cover they can afford to make bills like these. Good to see it back to its glory though. Congrats.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks