Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2012, 11:18   #646
BHPian

re: Bangalore Elevated Tollway

Can we recharge the OBU online somewhere?
Its a pain to go to their office everytime you want to recharge
Old 21st August 2012, 11:24   #647
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilshantanu View Post
you can drop a cheque with them with:
- pay to: BETL
- current date
- a/c payee
- strike the or bearer
- vehicle number and phone number at the back

you can either give it to them by hand (any of the officials standing there) or put it in the drop box placed.

PS: don't forget to sign the cheque!
IronH4WK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 12:35   #648
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You could also recharge at the counter located near the toll gates. No need for writing cheque, they accept cash and give you a receipt.

Counter is operational during morning and evening, not operational during noon/beforenoon/afternoon. I don't remember the exact timings. Operational timings are displayed on the counter.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 18:31   #649
Senior - BHPian

This might be a little OT but I couldn't help but post this here. I noticed a car (didn't notice the make) but remember it was some shade of gray in the afternoon on the BETL today afternoon at around 1:45 or so. From way behind, I noticed that the car was being driven in the middle of the road - between the 2 lanes! And moreover, he was moving from side to side. And he barely gave way for faster vehicles that were trying to overtake him on the right. I too had to honk for a good 5 seconds before he moved to the left lane to give me some space.

Only when I was overtaking him did I see that he was reading! Reading a book on the BETL holding it with 2 hands. And this book was held above the steering wheel - essentially blocking all view over his steering wheel!. It looked like some religious book - was he reading his last rites or something?

I got so enraged that I screamed at him and overtook him and showed him an upturned palm - hopefully that is cursing in sign language or something. But hopefully that brought him back to his senses and he seemed to take only the left lane.

Man, what an avid reader!
naveenroy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 18:33   #650
BHPian

Has anyone thought of the toll rates on BETL & NBTL? BETL is a max 9.5 KM 4 lane toll road with 9.3 KM elevated section on one side, and one way toll is Rs 40/- while NBTL is a 20 KM long 6 Lane toll road with 7.3 KM elevated section, and one way toll is Rs 20/-(both way 25), why such a difference? Why no one is questioning BETL for such a high toll rate? After all its a Public Private project!

* Elevated sections was checked by myself with ODO as far as possible, but there might be slight change.
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2012, 22:52   #651
Senior - BHPian

The toll paid by people is going into a wealthy man's pocket, when you climb up from Veerasandra towards Silk board only one entry point is available for OBU users the second one is always closed, then there seems to be no sense on the part of HCL buses in particular when they freely roam around in front of the entry points, lane discipline is a joke on the roads near entry point, lot of private buses stop after crossing the toll booth to pick up people, while when you get down on the other lane the private buses have started providing pick up point just after the exit gate near Veerasandra thus promoting criss-crossing near the boomer, as usual traffic police are least bothered about these issues and are always ignorant. I forgot the most important thing to mention, climbing up the expressway in the evening from silk board less said better the way all BMTC and private buses block the road near the ramp itself. Most of the lights on the expressway are turned off, inspite of all these negligence by the BETL authorities we pay one of the most expensive toll for using the expressway.

Last edited by deehunk : 21st August 2012 at 22:57.
deehunk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 21:05   #652
Distinguished - BHPian

Yesterday morning at around 8 am, a moron in black polo suddenly stopped at the entrance at silk board side to pick up someone what followed was utter chaos!

A red polo who was directly behind him braked hard . A xylo behind red polo followed suit . I was behind the xylo and I braked so hard on my Pulsar that I was sure I Will fall down! Thank god no one was behind me and I had good sense to put sticky tires up front and those saved me ! All of us shouted at the black polo guy when we overtook him . But to my utter disdain , that fellow started to drive even more rashly cris crossing . I wonder why god does Not give such guys a one way ticket upwards . Whoever you are, if you read this sometime then shame on you moron!
sagarpadaki is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 21:25   #653
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

In their website they have mentioned coming shortly, we may have to wait for some more time, but as I had pointed out yesterday these people are already not using the existing system efficiently so cannot expect any good things.
Old 24th August 2012, 14:59   #654
Senior - BHPian

Wow, what a heavy, heavy downpour last night! I took the flyover and have a rainguard for my laptop bag. I carry a set of rainproof riding pants but didn't bother to wear it thinking it is not going to rain. But as soon as I crossed the tollbooth - the rains started! And what a rain. It was merciless. And the water wasn't really flowing out of the flyover. Either there aren't enough drains to carry so much of water or it was too much of water. It was so bad that at times, I was worried that my Thunderbird would die on me. Even cars were parked in the laybye in the in the flyover - afraid to move forward.

I had stopped for a bit at the lay-bye but thought no point and went on. Thankfully the bike did not die on me and I reached home safe. Laptop bag got slightly wet - maybe because of the water seeping in from where it was resting on the seat. Thankfully no major damage.
Old 24th August 2012, 18:53   #655
BHPian

Yesterday, at 10:10pm, I took the half circular bridge to go to phase-II, and just before getting down, there was one scorpio half down inside water, one auto completely in and all vehicles including mine was standstill for 1.5 hr, before Fire Bridage came and pumped out the water and we could cross...
Old 24th August 2012, 19:15   #656
Senior - BHPian

I was scared to drive the car probably for the first time in my life, the wiper did not get sufficient time to push the water off my windshield, drived on second gear for a good 15km. I was relieved a lot finally when I saw my mother at home. There is one thing I have observed that water draining is very poor on the elevated road and water builds up on both sides of the divider leaving one lane undriveable during heavy rains, contributing to the worst condition are our white collared drivers(read cab, maxicabs) who flash high beams on an already undriveable road.
Old 24th August 2012, 19:53   #657
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
There is one thing I have observed that water draining is very poor on the elevated road and water builds up on both sides of the divider leaving one lane undriveable during heavy rains.
Yup - totally. The wall of water keeps building up on the right lane and even cars and SUVs don't take that lane in case of a heavy downpour. Leaving us in smaller vehicles and 2 wheelers riding in the deep waters. Was kinda scary riding last night.
Old 7th September 2012, 13:11   #658
Senior - BHPian

on my way to office yesterday morning, i saw this weird sight - these people (a couple and another guy) had stopped their Innova on the BETL (near the Infy washing machine building) and taking pictures!!
Bangalore Elevated Tollway-_mg_7748.jpg

the guy crossed the road to the middle when the vehicles were moving at a high rate of speed. the vehicle in front of me almost grazed the couple!!
Old 7th September 2012, 14:15   #659
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK
on my way to office yesterday morning, i saw this weird sight - these people (a couple and another guy) had stopped their Innova on the BETL (near the Infy washing machine building) and taking pictures!!

the guy crossed the road to the middle when the vehicles were moving at a high rate of speed. the vehicle in front of me almost grazed the couple!!
What a bunch of weirdos !! What were they even trying to prove by getting themselves snapped over there! Don't think they even realised that it would've been their last picture if at all something unfortunate had happened ! Moreover, such a hazard they are to other vehicles by blocking one lane with that Innova and being a nuisance on the other lane!

Last edited by a*ed : 7th September 2012 at 14:30.
Old 7th September 2012, 14:32   #660
BHPian

Stopping on BETL except when in the lay bye or in case of emergency is not illegal. I have seen many people do this every single day. There are cops on BETL every single day, looking to make easy money on over speeding, but havent seen even one chap fined for something like this.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks