Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th May 2024, 12:25   #3661
BHPian

Re: Traffic and life on the roads in Chennai

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
I was in Chennai last week and the cops have done a good job of streamlining the traffic on OMR.

They have removed signals in many of the choke points like Perungudi, thoraipakkam, Sholinganallur and eliminated the right turns. One has to go ahead straight, take a U turn and then take left. This has kept the traffic flowing even in peak hours.
The following 4 changes have significantly contributed to reduction in congestion on OMR. These changes should continue to exist.

1. Removal of toll plaza in Thoraipakkam & Perungudi
2. Removal of toll plaza in Navalur
3. A round-about style traffic movement in Sholinganallur junction (This is the no#1 change that reduced congestion)
4. A round-about style traffic movement in OMR-Pallavaram road junction (This is another critical change)

All of these together is easily saving me 30 minutes of travel time everyday!

Kudos to whomsoever who thought about items 3 & 4.
searacer932 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 14:25   #3662
BHPian

Speed camera on Adyar bridge:

I got a SMS with a hyperlink from Parivahaan. On opening the link, it had a photo of my car and driver stating an over speeding offence. It appears that a speed camera(similar to the ones in anna nagar & ecr) has been fit just before the bus lane when traveling from malar hospital to andhra mahila sabha. That stretch is one of the rare spots in chennai where one can accelerate a bit during non peak hours...this is such a kill joy...otherwise one is always pottering around town at 35kmph....

Am yet to truly understand the merits of a speed limit of 50kmph???
Desmodromic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2024, 19:01   #3663
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desmodromic View Post
Speed camera on Adyar bridge
Oops! I am not very respectful of speed limits crossing when crossing the bridge. Thanks for the warning. I'd better slow down.
Old 28th June 2024, 08:29   #3664
Senior - BHPian

Is the Nemilicherry-Pattabiram bridge open? I saw one way traffic of bikes from Nemilicherry side riding the bridge. Didn't see any cars from that side. If yes it would avoid the detour via Soranjeri to Outer Ring Road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks