Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 17th October 2017, 07:49   #14791
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

How is the situation at ecospace this morning?
Old 17th October 2017, 08:11   #14792
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Last night Intel was advised that its campus was open but use only 4 wheelers and Eco was closed. This morning, ECO was declared open for business
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 08:50   #14793
Senior - BHPian

There was quite a lot of water in front of Ecospace when I left office at 9pm last night.
Today morning everything has disappeared. Where did all the water go over night?
Yes, things are back to normal. However, the road condition has deteriorated. The service road was tarred very recently. Such is the quality of the roads they build.
balenoed_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 09:57   #14794
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
There was quite a lot of water in front of Ecospace when I left office at 9pm last night.
Today morning everything has disappeared. Where did all the water go over night?
Yes, things are back to normal. However, the road condition has deteriorated. The service road was tarred very recently. Such is the quality of the roads they build.
They merely filled it up with some muck
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 10:02   #14795
BHPian

Quote:
The water has receded and traffic flow is better. Only concern are the broken roads and potholes. Traffic is actually less than usual. Eg. My wife whose office bus normally takes 1 hour 15 mins from Whitefield to Ecospace, today took only 45 minutes.
I, on the other hand, am working from home again.
drive2eternity is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 10:25   #14796
BHPian

Quote:
Everything is back to normal. In fact better than normal. Water in front of ecospace has cleared / recedeed / evaporated (Take your pick). And traffic was sparser than usual. Nagawara to Ecospace took me 45 minutes on a two-wheeler. Combination of Diwali holidays and more people working from home. Either ways, I am not complaining.
nambiarshreyas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 16:06   #14797
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nambiarshreyas View Post
Everything is back to normal. In fact better than normal

May be this is how it got normal. Notorious Bangalore.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-imageuploadedbyteambhp1508236610.059305.jpg
Arjun Reddy is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 17:07   #14798
BHPian

Meanwhile, BTP has re-tweeted a tweet (OP being VV Puram Traffic PS) about possible delays in and around KR Market and Kalasipalya due to festival rush.

https://twitter.com/vvpuramtraffic/s...43500775497729
sleepyhead148 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 18:49   #14799
Distinguished - BHPian

Came via the ring road today and all was back to normal. But given that this is festival week it should have been more free. It was not so. Next week will be horrible I guess once people on vacation return to office.
Old 17th October 2017, 20:17   #14800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
....Next week will be horrible I guess once people on vacation return to office.
Is it not the same after every festival ? I see some hope with the current technological advances globally. With the advanced connectivity and virtually anywhere kind of potential, we must see some improvement in the congestion over the years. There should be an increase of my tribe (I work from home) Wireless and cashless is the present. Happy Father/Mother working from Home, Kids being in the Home schooling, Shoppings done online with drone deliveries, future is very bright
shajufx is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 21:53   #14801
BHPian

Reports on TV9 Kannada channel states that road has caved-in in front of Urvashi theater near Lalbagh. Other Kannada channels and BTP Twitter is silent.

Being shown on bottom ticker. There's no report though, waiting for adverts to finish.
Old 17th October 2017, 22:16   #14802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
With the advanced connectivity... Wireless and cashless is the present. Happy Father/Mother working from Home, Kids being in the Home schooling, Shoppings done online with drone deliveries, future is very bright
You not having to catch a flight to Mumbai carrying a licensed fire arm and instead remote-brandish it at Rehaan through a drone and order the same drone to pick up the 2030 edition of teambhp hoodies to be delivered at your doorstep. Sounds interesting.
dailydriver is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 22:45   #14803
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post
.....remote-brandish it at Rehaan through a drone and order the same drone to pick up the 2030 edition of teambhp hoodies to be delivered at your doorstep
That day is before 2020 for sure. I am planning to launch some kind of drone services in Bangalore mid next year. Lot of home work is going on since months. We don't want to be "premature delivery" of an idea here. Constantly monitoring the aviation developments. Trying to contribute something to the decluttering process of our city. Hopefully we don't get stuck in the red tapes
shajufx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 13:11   #14804
BHPian

Anyone wants to enjoy the thrill and rush that off-roading gives you, but are hesitant to leave the city? I have good news for you. Take the road from Jayadeva to Silk Board, especially the last leg from 29th main signal. There's water, uneven concrete, top surface that's broken and potholes everywhere.

Oh and here's the best part. The said obstacle course lasts a good 1.5 kms. Happy trails people.

P.S. Due to this obstacle course, my daily travel time remained at 50 minutes (despite near zero traffic along the route; Bannerghatta Road to Cessna BP).
sleepyhead148 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 13:43   #14805
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepyhead148 View Post
Anyone wants to enjoy the thrill and rush that off-roading gives you, but are hesitant to leave the city? I have good news for you. Take the road from Jayadeva to Silk Board, especially the last leg from 29th main signal. There's water, uneven concrete, top surface that's broken and potholes everywhere.

Oh and here's the best part. The said obstacle course lasts a good 1.5 kms. Happy trails people. ....
In fact, I was planning to organize an offroading event in this stretch for all Bangalore Team BHPians ! ! There is no hurry !! The event can wait for another 3-4 months as well since there is no plans of road construction in this stretch for another minimum 3-4 months .

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Such is the quality of the roads they build.
I think we are interpreting wrongly or using wrong terminology here. It is not called building the road. It is called PAINTING the road with black color (May be water colour). So, when it rains, the color dissolves.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 18th October 2017 at 14:32. Reason: back to back posts
gkveda is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed