Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th September 2017, 17:46   #14596
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Unfortunately I had the privilege of getting stuck in the morning whitefield traffic jam.I did take the Ring road-Rainbow hospital road from HAL to reach graphite India with the commute taking up approx 2 hrs. But encountered absolutely no traffic or block post the Metro construction near SAP. Laughed at my misery and attributed it to the sheer negligence of Civic works department, Namma Metro, many private bus'es that run through this stretch and our "no words to describe" cab drivers.Reached office and had stronger than usual coffee to calm my nerves
Old 27th September 2017, 19:04   #14597
Senior - BHPian

Latest update from BTP on twitter :

1. Massive jam in and around town hall because of protest.

2. Water logging in front of Dell on IRR is slowing down traffic movement to and from sony world junction.

3. Madiwala lake is overflowing and expect traffic jam at silkboard.

4. Water logging in Bannerghatta road.

5. Traffic congestion for vehicles moving from Jakkasandra towards Sarjapur. It would be the same for vehicle moving from Agara towards Koramangala.
Old 27th September 2017, 19:13   #14598
BHPian

There is an accident on the BIAL toll road just after Yelahanka towards airport. My airport bus took the road below and reached faster. Plan your travel in case you are going towards the airport.
Old 27th September 2017, 19:42   #14599
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chncar View Post

Would anybody from Bangalore be kind enough to advise if there is any flooding or risk of flooding along that route?
There is very less chance of flooding along that route. But expect traffic snarls before you enter and after you exit NICE road!
Nalin1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th September 2017, 22:30   #14600
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Is there some tech park called SP tech park, or SJP tech park in Whitefield area? Water logging in front of that building seems to be the "root cause" for the block.
The waterlogging was in front of SAP Labs. I am not sure if its the same you heard about or it is something else. However there is an SJR tech park near my office but our area is clean and free of any sort of waterlogging or damage.

If I was happy in the morning to have missed all the mess, the evening commute back home was the worst in recent times. I have never spent more than 2hrs on the way back home no matter what the case was. But today was one of the very few days in the last two years or more that the route inside the city took so long. Let this picture do the talking, except that the departure time should be read as 1650hrs but my dashcam has switched to a different time zone recently.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-capture.jpg
Old 28th September 2017, 09:25   #14601
BHPian

Looks like Dusshera has started early. The traffic was light today morning. Took me just 20 minutes from HSR to Ecospace instead of the usual 35-40 minutes.
m8002? is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 09:48   #14602
BHPian

Quote:
I am from Chennai and am planning to drive in to Bangalore on either Friday or Saturday this week. My route would be via Hosur, join NICE road, on to Yelahanka New Town.

Would anybody from Bangalore be kind enough to advise if there is any flooding or risk of flooding along that route?
Most of us would advice....please think again. Rains are unpredictable and where water logging would happen depends on this.
ambivalent_98 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 10:17   #14603
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Most of us would advice....please think again. Rains are unpredictable and where water logging would happen depends on this.
Are any of the main roads flooded/impassable as such?
Old 28th September 2017, 10:34   #14604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Looks like Dusshera has started early. The traffic was light today morning. Took me just 20 minutes from HSR to Ecospace instead of the usual 35-40 minutes.
True. This is the holiday season. The next week has 2nd Oct and many would be taking the entire next week off. Then the Diwali vacations for families would begin ensuring many leave Bangalore to visit their hometowns.
All said, October should be kind to the commuters who stay back in Bangalore. Expect the chaos to return only from the last week onward. Till then, enjoy the bliss while it lasts.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 10:41   #14605
BHPian

Quote:
AFAIK, no flooding in your specified route till now. Its cloudy and if more rains, then there wont be a way of predicting
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th September 2017, 13:06   #14606
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
The waterlogging was in front of SAP Labs. I am not sure if its the same you heard about or it is something else. However there is an SJR tech park near my office but our area is clean and free of any sort of waterlogging or damage.
It was in Whitefield area so it should be the SAP Labs only. Thanks for confirming. Yesterday was a night-mare for me, so much so that I actually decided to work from home today. The morning journey itself was 2 hr 15 mins. First water logging was at a road under bridge near Heelalige railway station. The detour costed 15 mins extra. Then there was a massive water logging at Varthur Kodi side (near Columbia Asia Hosp.) with the pile up starting at Varthur PS area itself.
Because of this, I decided to return via the Samethanahalli-Gunjur route. And then again another detour to bye pass the water logged bridge at Heelalige. Left the office at 5:50PM, and reached home by around 7:40PM. And then it was time to be back on official calls till 10:30PM.
Old 28th September 2017, 19:12   #14607
BHPian

Guys, avoid the Basvanpura Main road from Ayappa Nagar to Battrahalli . They have dug up the whole road from middle near the gas station with very congested escape routes. It's a complete block.
Old 29th September 2017, 08:57   #14608
BHPian

Fantastic ride from Bannerghatta Road to Marathahalli today
Absolutely no traffic on ORR. Took me less than half the usual time. Guess most of traffic is out of the city for the long weekend
shatananda.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th September 2017, 09:10   #14609
BHPian

@ 8.10 while exiting out of EC flyover towards phase 1, luckily missed the long traffic jam which was being created by vehicles who had to exit out to Hosur road. I could see cabbies coming back in the opposite direction caring two hoots about safety and rules so that they can exit out of EC phase 1. I assume it is going to be much worse as day progresses. I am going to be put in BLR and enjoy the peaceful and mannered traffic while it lasts.

Regards
Sandy
Old 29th September 2017, 09:29   #14610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shatananda.k View Post
Fantastic ride from Bannerghatta Road to Marathahalli today
Absolutely no traffic on ORR. Took me less than half the usual time. Guess most of traffic is out of the city for the long weekend
I anticipated this and started late from home in Kammanahalli at 8:20 AM, it took little over 30 minutes to reach Belandur. This is less than half the time for my usual start at 7:40 AM.

Cheers!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks