Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th March 2017, 08:11   #13786
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailydriver View Post

PS: Call me a skeptic, but somehow I am convinced that when cars start talking to each other (V2V communication),

On a serious note, do you think any of the aforementioned solutions can ease traffic congestion in Bengaluru?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dark.knight View Post
Nope, nope & nope. ALL the above mentioned solutions are propaganda, .
Communications will make it easier for driverless cars coexist with 'normal' driver driven cars that have communications built in.

@dailydriver
If 'they' decide to incorporate communications into cars, there will be no way out. It will be impossible for us to avoid it, just as you have to upgrade your OS for fixes while some backdoors are introduced silently or even 'ad channels' are added. Can you really stop using Whatsapp, if everyone else is using it?
mvadg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 08:24   #13787
Distinguished - BHPian

Idiot on a Superbike - This is one more category added to my "watch-out-for" list.
I was overtaking a car on the NECE road today and doing 120kmph myself on the right most lane. I saw a Superbike (some Suzuki I guess) in my ORVM. Although 2-wheelers are designated to go on the left most lane on this road, I feel its ok for Superbikes as they are capable of high speeds. So it was in my mind to move left after I pass the car I was overtaking. But this moronic rider was either in a real hurry and couldn't wait even for that and overtook me from my right, riding on a small piece of road just enough to fit his bike. All this at 120+kmph speeds. And then in a couple of seconds, he vanished snaking through the many truck and cars.
He had all the biking gear and everything alright, but he was an Idiot at the same time.

Last edited by hemanth.anand : 24th March 2017 at 08:28.
hemanth.anand is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 08:28   #13788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Idiot on a Superbike - This is one more category added to my "watch-out-for" list.
I was overtaking a car on the NECE road today and doing 120kmph myself on the right most lane. I saw a Superbike (some Suzuki I guess) in my ORVM. Although 2-wheelers are designated to go on the left most lane on this road, I feel its ok for Superbikes as they are capable of high speeds. So it was in my mind to move left after I pass the car I was overtaking. But this moronic rider was either in a real hurry and couldn't wait even for that and overtook me from my right, riding on a small piece of road just enough to fit his bike. All this at 120+kmph speeds. And then in a couple of seconds, he vanished snaking through the many truck and cars.
He had all the biking gear and everything alright, but he was an Idiot at the same time.
Just he was wearing proper gear does not make him smart and you are right, he is an idiot. Putting it another way - must be an educated ass. I hate these KTM'S and other superbikes cutting thru narrow spaces in and out. Fools not only risk their life but jeopardise others on the road. Frustrating!!!
eethanhunt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 08:41   #13789
Distinguished - BHPian

Spotted this guy entering whitefield from KR Puram:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-truck1.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-truck2.jpg

I hope he will just drive into Container corporation premises and just stay tight till midnight. However, if this great man changes his mind, and say breaks for a coffee or snacks, or decides to take a U Turn after seeing ITPL, or just gives up somewhere and his pilot decides a career change, we can expect the entire ITPL area to come to a standstill.

Not scaring anyone, but do keep a look out on google for this guy. He is big enough to make a mark on google maps and influential enough to ruin your day and call an early weekend.
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th March 2017, 11:56   #13790
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Spotted this guy entering whitefield from KR Puram:

Attachment 1622328

Attachment 1622329

I hope he will just drive into Container corporation premises and just stay tight till midnight. However, if this great ......call an early weekend.
I really wish traffic policemen would do something about slow moving vehicles on the right lane. I got stuck for two cycles on Hosa Road signal only due to two trucks not moving fast enough on the right lane
Old 24th March 2017, 13:40   #13791
BHPian

I guess some BBMP officer was in trance one late night and decided to install two unscientific speed breakers on ORR, just after Rammurthy Nagar underpass going towards Hennur! These speed breakers are HUGE in size and looks like they just poured some tar and jelly and never really bothered to smoother or shape it! I was thinking it was some localites who had done it, but after seeing the reflectors neatly placed before the speed breaker makes me believe it is BBMP! But this is really intriguing, how could they come up with some things! Aren't they aware of it or is it the laziness to turn a blind eye to such shoddy piece of work!

Last edited by ajmat : 24th March 2017 at 15:08.
Old 24th March 2017, 21:21   #13792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
I was overtaking a car on the NECE road today and doing 120kmph myself
Granted the biker was being a fool. But how is doing 120 kmph on the NECE road fine?
Old 24th March 2017, 21:34   #13793
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Granted the biker was being a fool. But how is doing 120 kmph on the NECE road fine?
Well 120kmph is the actual speed limit on the NECE road. Hence it should be fine
audioholic is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 15:37   #13794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveenroy View Post
Right - 120 is unsafe on NICE Road. It would have been fine if all of the drivers followed the lane principle.
Old 25th March 2017, 15:58   #13795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso View Post
I guess some BBMP officer was in trance one late night and decided to install two unscientific speed breakers on ORR, just after Rammurthy Nagar underpass going towards Hennur! These speed breakers are HUGE in size and looks like they just poured some tar and jelly and never really bothered to smoother or shape it! I was thinking it was some localites who had done it, but after seeing the reflectors neatly placed before the speed breaker makes me believe it is BBMP! But this is really intriguing, how could they come up with some things! Aren't they aware of it or is it the laziness to turn a blind eye to such shoddy piece of work!
Those gigantic speed breakers were created by BBMP only. I saw a dump truck and a JCB employed to pour the tar right in the middle of the day (around 4 pm) last Wednesday. As folks might be knowing, this is an accident prone spot on ORR, in front of the Nandi Toyota showroom / ASR Marriage Hall where the road suddenly turns at a 90 degree angle. Though some method was required to slow down the traffic at that spot (maybe rumblers) but i agree with Mafioso that the huge speed breaker will only create more chaos and increase accidents as speeding vehicles will suddenly slow down and get rear ended or will not slow down and take off. Moreover these havent been marked / painted and that stretch is mostly in the dark at night due to street lamps having been knocked out by a truck last month.
Rajeev1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2017, 20:09   #13796
Senior - BHPian

Something to cheer about the Bangalore Bad Traffic.
Apparently bad traffic of Bangalore helped in preventing a terrorist attack on IIM in Bangalore.

http://www.thenewsminute.com/article...-traffic-59242
speedmiester is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 27th March 2017, 08:59   #13797
Senior - BHPian

Talking about NICE (or NECE) road, something that I saw this morning. Wondering how would these guys manage to get in this state. Some kind of metal from the van was thrown all around the road, causing some long pile up and the vehicles had to take the center pit to pass through.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-nice-road.jpg
Old 29th March 2017, 08:35   #13798
Distinguished - BHPian

Revised roll rates from April 1, for BIAL:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20170329-08.31.33.jpg

5/- increase from the current rate.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th March 2017, 10:14   #13799
Distinguished - BHPian

The second gate plus road recently opened is already pretty popular. Any increase will only lower their overall earnings.
Old 29th March 2017, 17:15   #13800
BHPian

One side of the Doddanekundi flyover has been opened to traffic today. I was expecting some kind of unveiling ceremony but it hasn't happened as far as I know. Maybe they are testing with real traffic before officially announcing the opening of one carriageway. Actual benefit to traffic flow will be known tomorrow, since today is a holiday.
mustang_shelby is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks