Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2017, 12:39   #13441
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
He's a regular at Ramamurthynagar and Banaswadi underpasses. Says he got lost, is out of petrol and has no money to tank up to get back home.
Thanks for confirming my suspicions!
Would the BTP be of any help to remove such scammers from our roads?
Old 23rd January 2017, 15:03   #13442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
I have observed a physically challenged guy on a four wheeler scooter on the Kadubeesanahalli underpass trying to flag down lone bikers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijeet080808 View Post
I have seen this same guy multiple times near Chinnapanahalli Main Road. I had my doubts too. It sure looks like some sort of scam to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysakh View Post
He's a regular at Ramamurthynagar and Banaswadi underpasses. Says he got lost, is out of petrol and has no money to tank up to get back home.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roomy View Post
Thanks for confirming my suspicions!
Would the BTP be of any help to remove such scammers from our roads?
Bangalore Traffic Police would not be able to help, as really he is not breaking any law (other than say obstructing the road, but he can weasel out - "handicapped poor man bullied by police" etc.). Law and Order police may also not be able to do much, unless there is some written compliant. Or else it is more like another form of begging.

But what can be done would be take a picture of this chap in action (if possible with his vehicle #) and circulate it on Social media. Tag the Facebook profile of BTP as well. And perhaps "encourage the police to clear away his vehicle from such dangerous spot, as his vehicle always seems to be running out of fuel under the bridges". Use the sympathy factor against him.
sachinpk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2017, 22:22   #13443
BHPian

Today I saw a Bolt car with the rear wind screen completly covered by some material and a fancy mention of the name 'ROHAN'. This guy was driving like a real maniac without any rear view. Amazing and scary.
Old 23rd January 2017, 23:10   #13444
BHPian

Is there any petrol bunk or any garage where I can get an emission certificate, in the area of Bellandur - Marathalli? My current one is expiring on 26th Jan and I'll be travelling that day. I used to get it done from Pratham Motors in Bellandur; but they have stopped this service temporarily (as per them, the testing machine is undergoing repairs).
Old 23rd January 2017, 23:17   #13445
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Is there any petrol bunk or any garage where I can get an emission certificate, in the area of Bellandur - Marathalli? My current one is expiring on 26th Jan and I'll be travelling that day. I used to get it done from Pratham Motors in Bellandur; but they have stopped this service temporarily (as per them, the testing machine is undergoing repairs).
Few options in the area.
  • Petrol Bunk opposite Kaikondrahalli Lake on Sarjapur Road. (Typically always open during regular hours)
  • Petrol bunk after Agara Flyover on ORR.
  • Petrol Bunk next to Salarpuria Softzone on the Belandur-Iblur Stretch (Not very sure if this one is still open. Have not gone there in some time)
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 05:37   #13446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Is there any petrol bunk or any garage where I can get an emission certificate, in the area of Bellandur - Marathalli?
The HP pump in Marathahalli next to the burnt-out Brand Factory building has a PUC kiosk.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 05:50   #13447
BHPian

Quote:
Is there any petrol bunk or any garage where I can get an emission certificate, in the area of Bellandur - Marathalli?
The HP pump near Brookfield mall (Old Cosmos mall) in AECS layout has the emission test facility.
Sree73 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 06:31   #13448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
The HP pump near Brookfield mall (Old Cosmos mall) in AECS layout has the emission test facility.
There is also an emission centre right next to the Indian Oil Bunk on Outer Ring Road near Mantri Sarovar near Agara Lake. But I hate them because they put a brick on the accelerator pedal and accelerate the engine to an unnecessarily high level according to me. I don't like taking my Yeti there because of this.
Im wondering if I should at all take my Gypsy there now...

Last edited by shankar.balan : 24th January 2017 at 06:32.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 07:13   #13449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Bangalore Traffic Police would not be able to help, as really he is not breaking any law (other than say obstructing the road, but he can weasel out - "handicapped poor man bullied by police" etc.). Law and Order police may also not be able to do much, unless there is some written compliant. Or else it is more like another form of begging.

But what can be done would be take a picture of this chap in action (if possible with his vehicle #) and circulate it on Social media. Tag the Facebook profile of BTP as well. And perhaps "encourage the police to clear away his vehicle from such dangerous spot, as his vehicle always seems to be running out of fuel under the bridges". Use the sympathy factor against him.
This seems to the only logical way out! Thanks.
Old 24th January 2017, 08:26   #13450
Distinguished - BHPian

BIAL to setup a train halt to facilitate Airport travel. A good move if trains start from KSR or Yeshwantpur as metro connectivity to these stations already exist.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...rain-halt.html

But the big question is will Corporate travelers use this? - those who frequent the airport and office locations in Whitefield or EC might not really see value in this as the still need to get to a metro location and then jump onto a train, which I doubt will happen.

KR Puram to BIAL train link would have been a good first step and they can utilize the existing line for this as well but the only concern will be high train traffic at KR Puram.

Last edited by procrj : 24th January 2017 at 08:27.
Old 24th January 2017, 09:00   #13451
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
BIAL to setup a train halt to facilitate Airport travel. A good move if trains start from KSR or Yeshwantpur as metro connectivity to these stations already exist.

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/...rain-halt.html

But the big question is will Corporate travelers use this? - those who frequent the airport and office locations in Whitefield or EC might not really see value in this as the still need to get to a metro location and then jump onto a train, which I doubt will happen.

KR Puram to BIAL train link would have been a good first step and they can utilize the existing line for this as well but the only concern will be high train traffic at KR Puram.
Whether corporate travelers will use it or not, I don't know, but a good start nevertheless. Airport travellers will use it more when our train floors are at platform level and big luggage can be just pulled into the train rather than lifted into the train. Imagine a person travelling with a 30 to 50Kilo bag and he has to go to the airport in a train. A taxi is easier for many people
Old 24th January 2017, 11:11   #13452
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj
A practical problem is that, the line towards the airport is also heavily used by the Railways to run long distance trains (to Pune or Hyderabad side??). It is still single line, so crossing etc. would be there. With these limitations the railways may not be able to run very many number of local trains to the airport side. Compare this with say London Paddington to Heathrow etc. - there are around 4-6 tracks and lot more trains can be run at very short intervals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand
Whether corporate travelers will use it or not, I don't know, but a good start nevertheless. Airport travellers will use it more when our train floors are at platform level and big luggage can be just pulled into the train rather than lifted into the train.
Agree; any move to at least remove 4-5 cars from the roads of Bangalore is a good move. These days I also find lots of people who travel with light luggage (I am one of them), when going on short business trips. For them such facilities would be of good use.

US Police man v/s Indian Techie
This is not a rant against Bangalore traffic, but just highlighting an "argumentative Indian". An Indian origin techie has been charged for "not coming to a stop fully at a signal", and he is in his argumentative mode . The police officer seems to have immense patience. The techie also does not seem to know how traffic ticketing works in the US. The police officer is only issuing a summons to the techie to turn up at the local traffic court where he can argue his case to his heart's content.

This reminded me of a story told by my room mates. This was in early 2000s, location was Koramangala Junction (on the left side we have today what is the Forum mall, at those days it was empty land). A police party was doing "DD checks" and my room mate has been caught and pull aside (for medical checkups). The next chap to come zooming was a techie who too was drunk. But the techie insisted that the police can charge him for "consuming alchohol", and not use Sec.185, "driving under the influence of alchohol" as he was not drunk. The police man said, nothing doing. The techie then says the police should be ashamed to use the bikes donated by his company (Infosys), and charge techies using those facilities. This was when the police man lost his cool, and gave a whack to the techie with his walkie talkie. That silenced him. The story ended when all of them were huddled into an auto rickshaw, taken to a near by government run clinic/hospital where the sleepy duty doctor took the blood samples and gave reports of alcohol content.
Old 24th January 2017, 11:23   #13453
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

US Police man v/s Indian Techie
This is not a rant against Bangalore traffic, but just highlighting an "argumentative Indian". An Indian origin techie has been charged for "not coming to a stop fully at a signal", and he is in his argumentative mode . The police officer seems to have immense patience. The techie also does not seem to know how traffic ticketing works in the US. The police officer is only issuing a summons to the techie to turn up at the local traffic court where he can argue his case to his heart's content.

"There is no deal! There is no deal!" Cracked me up in office. I was wondering how it would be if such people who dont understand the rules drive in countries like US or Europe and I got the answer here. Appreciate the patience of the police officer. Here in India, such an argument would have turned bad maybe.
Old 24th January 2017, 11:44   #13454
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
A practical problem is that, the line towards the airport is also heavily used by the Railways to run long distance trains (to Pune or Hyderabad side??). It is still single line, so crossing etc. would be there.
The line that goes near the airport (the airport interchange includes an overpass to this line) is the Yelahanka-Chikballapur-Kolar-Bangarapet line. This used to be a narrow gauge line and was gauge-converted only recently. I don't think running trains between Yelahanka-Devanahalli at least should be a problem for the railways.

The line to Pune/Hyderabad is Yelahanka-Dodballapur-Guntakal and beyond.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2017, 11:56   #13455
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Noticed couple days ago that the traffic island/median is being redesigned at the Residency Road-Commissariat road junction.
So when coming from brigade road junction, after the fire station on right there is a fork that leads to commissariat road. Essentially this was for BMTC buses earlier but other vehicles also used it. There ws also a right turn to commissariat road just a bit ahead and the merge point was a downward slope and downright dangerous with speeding vehicles. I noticed that this right turn is being cut off by extending the traffic island so one wil have to now go via that bus stop.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks