Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvadg View Post
Fog in Bangalore.
And then its fog, its Hazard lights time:

Old 19th December 2016, 10:07   #13292
BHPian

Commuters travelling towards KR Puram/ Marthahalli/ Whitefield from Sarjapur ORR, please be noted that there is an accident which happened exactly below marthahalli flyover don't have the exact details and the traffic was moving very slowly. Already traffic is piled up till JP Morgan around situation was around 8:30 AM.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2016, 02:16   #13293
BHPian

Anyone knows what's the official stand on the Iblur service road? Are we back to being two way?
Ever since they put up a signal under the Bellandur flyover, there's a long jam on the service road going towards Central mall.
Also yesterday, I saw a police officer directing traffic going towards HSR into the road which goes to sun city instead of fining all the vehicles, since it's supposed to be one way.
Old 21st December 2016, 08:47   #13294
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Finally, some technology adoption for "Smart" signals in Bangalore at 35 junctions, good initiative - better late than never!

Quote:
Adaptive signal lights will change the timing of red, yellow and green lights according to the traffic patterns and ease traffic congestion.
Smart Signals to ease traffic at 35 signals

How it Works, Adaptive signal lights to come up at these junctions
NPV is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 09:56   #13295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Since it is a huge commercial and residential pocket, one more station at Marathahalli can provide a lot of benefit in my opinion.
A study has been undertaken a month back by Railways involving local Councillor, MLA and team to possible have a station at Chinnapanahalli or Marathahalli. Not sure if the report would be made public.
LoneRidder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 16:20   #13296
BHPian

This incident was about a month ago @ Evening 7PM
Not major to harm any one.

A cab driver went up the Agara flyover towards Silkboard and realized he had to go under the flyover. So, the bugger decides to stop and reverse the car all the way to the flyover entrance. He had started his hazard lamps.

I was in my scooter in left most lane - just entering the flyover entrance - so I observed this and took to middle lane.

Meanwhile a biker, with his helmet on his bike's tank, talking on his mobile (mobile held to his ears by his shoulder) overtook me in leftmost lane and oblivious of the car reversing towards him.
The car honked but the biker realized it too late.

It was too late to brake and the bike rear ended the car. The biker fell down and helmet rolled over. The car tail lamps broken.

I was the risk and it just happened!

I stopped by in left lane, to pick up the helmet - by then the biker and cab driver started arguing and came to assaulting each other.

After seeing them rough each other up and exchange few slaps and punches, I moved on. I left the helmet where it was - on the tank.

I took sadistic pleasure in this as they were both at fault. Earlier felt like chipping in and giving 2 slaps to both of them and go my way- but they themselves did the honour!

Pls don't reverse on flyover- go on and take by roads to reach your place.
Pls don't talk on mobile when riding.
Pls wear helmets!

Last edited by daretodream : 21st December 2016 at 16:26. Reason: correct the incorrectg auto-corrected words
daretodream is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 19:46   #13297
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, need to head out to Yercaud this Friday starting at 4:30 p.m. from my north BLR residence. Do you suggest I take the usual Hebbal-Windsor Manor-Brigade Road-Silk Board-BETL route or is the Peenya-Nagarbhavi ORR-NICE Road to E-City better? Google is showing both roughly with the same timeline.

Or is there any other route? What do the regular travelers suggest? I am dreading the journey as half of BLR will be accompanying me down NH7 towards Salem while the other half will be on Mysore Road :-(

Last edited by itwasntme : 21st December 2016 at 19:48. Reason: Clarify
Old 21st December 2016, 19:57   #13298
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Or is there any other route?
It's going to be a gamble with both routes you mentioned. Instead why don't you try Devanahalli-Mandur-Budigere Cross, merge onto old Madras road-Hoskote-turn off to NH 207 and go via Chikka Tirupathi, Bagalur and reach Hosur directly ? Then the regular NH 7 route via Salem.
You can also do Devanahalli-NH 207 all the way till Hoskote, merge onto Old Madras road and make a U-turn from service road and head on to the other side of 207 to go via Chikka Tirupati, Bagalur and Hosur. This will also help avoid the Hoskote toll and the stretch of old Madras road between Budigere cross and Hoskote compared to the first option. Rest is same from Hoskote to Hosur.

Last edited by NPV : 21st December 2016 at 20:00.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2016, 21:21   #13299
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks NPV for your very sobering advice. I am now thinking radically 'preponing' my departure to the morning. If at 0700 on Friday what do you advise?

Last edited by itwasntme : 21st December 2016 at 21:22. Reason: Clarity
Old 21st December 2016, 21:39   #13300
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks NPV for your very sobering advice. I am now thinking radically 'preponing' my departure to the morning. If at 0700 on Friday what do you advise?
Taking the liberty to respond. I think the crowd will be high even on Friday morning. Most of the Kerala crowd will be starting on Friday. In addition, with demonetization and multiple payment options at tolls, I think the situation will be worse than usual Especially at BETL, Attibelle and Krishnagiri Tolls.

Would be still worthwhile to take the route NPV suggested. In addition, since you are only headed to Yercaud, maybe worthwhile to look at a route avoiding NH7 completely. Not very familiar myself, but have seen a lot of discussion in the 'All Roads to Kerala' thread.
Old 21st December 2016, 22:54   #13301
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am now thinking radically 'preponing' my departure to the morning. If at 0700 on Friday what do you advise?
Friday also will have the holiday crowds getting out of Bangalore so take the same route via NH 207, it will be Mayhem at all toll plazas, this way you will have to negotiate only Krishnagiri, Thoppur and Omalur tolls.
In fact there is also a route via Kuppanur which you can take, do look up the Yercaud thread.

Last edited by NPV : 21st December 2016 at 22:56.
Old 22nd December 2016, 07:34   #13302
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, need to head out to Yercaud this Friday starting at 4:30 p.m. from my north BLR residence. Do you suggest I take the usual Hebbal-Windsor Manor-Brigade Road-Silk Board-BETL route or is the Peenya-Nagarbhavi ORR-NICE Road to E-City better? Google is showing both roughly with the same timeline.
I can only comment on this since this is my regular route to work and back.

With a 0430PM departure from your residence, you just do not want to take the route traversing through the city via Hebbal - Windsor Manor - Silkboard. Just not worth it and never predictable with Hebbal itself greeting you with a welcome Jam as soon as you hit out.

To easily touch Hosur Road, combination of ORR and NICE makes perfect sense without doubts at this time of the day irrespective of the holiday rush for the following reasons:
  • Take the Airforce Station - Jalahalli - HMT - Platinum City option to touch Goreguntepalya : 20 Minutes Max
  • At around 0500, Industries around Peenya are yet to shut down and there is no regular Jam at that hour as I always see when I am returning back home from EC
  • The moment you are on ORR, it is a signal free affair all the way till you get onto NICE at the link Road/PESIT entry - You need not stop anywhere all through out
  • NICE entry at PESIT/Link is not clogged except morning office hours and this crowd is mostly cars unlike trucks. At around 0530, you will hardly find any queues here even with Holiday rush
  • NICE to Ecity/Hosur Road will be usual cakewalk - No special comments required
  • At evening, NICE opens extra gates for entry leveraging the exit gates but that should not really slow you down as people are only showing receipts and passing out
  • Once you exit NICE, due to the recent changes implemented in EC, the permanent placement of barricades closing the exit from Service Road onto main corridor at EC Phase 1 signal has drastically improved that you don't have to wait on the exit ramp anymore and continue on the Service road all the way and merge onto Hosur Road ahead. In fact, if you continue on the service road you can beat the traffic at Huskur Gate signal and then join the main corridor at this signal

The above route helps you beat Hebbal, Adugodi, Madiwala, Silkboard, BETL booth and Huskur Gate signal traffic completely.

From Goreguntepalya to EC after you exit NICE is going to be 45 minutes affair or worse, 50 minutes but nothing more than that at this time of the day.

But like NPV mentions, you can beat all this by taking a completely alternate road bypassing all of these too. At the same time, ORR - NICE at this time is a totally painless drive - Comes from someone who has now stuck to this for more than 4 months to travel from EC to Vidyaranyapura. My daily time to return from EC is 1h to 1h05m max for a distance of 49 Kms!
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 08:26   #13303
Distinguished - BHPian

Thank you gentlemen. What would be the best route if I left Yelahanka at 0400 on Friday morning? Then can I expect a free run down the usual Hebbal-Brigade Road-BETL route?
Old 22nd December 2016, 08:42   #13304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thank you gentlemen. What would be the best route if I left Yelahanka at 0400 on Friday morning? Then can I expect a free run down the usual Hebbal-Brigade Road-BETL route?
Absolutely yes. Too short an answer but that's all I can say
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd December 2016, 08:48   #13305
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
At 4 am I dont think you should have a problem driving through the city. I have done a few 5 am starts and haven't had any issues getting to Atibele toll via brigade road - silk board - BETL.
procrj is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks