Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd December 2016, 15:16   #13231
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
I vaguely remember the close date for this project as March 2017 on a board, put by BBMP on the project details. It seems the deadline will stay only on the "board" because it looks practically impossible now though to meet the deadline.
Thank you for the detail.

In 4 months there will be a signal free corridor from Mysore road to Silkboard junction

It would be fun if we know the start date for this project.
vijayvelprakash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd December 2016, 19:08   #13232
BHPian

How is the traffic on ORR? I can see blood red from devarebeesanahalli till mahadevapura on google maps. Im planning to leave Ecospace towards Jakkur.
Old 5th December 2016, 08:19   #13233
BHPian

No right turn from Sarjapur road to Haralur road in front of big bazar. Have to go till the Fire station and take a u turn.
Old 5th December 2016, 08:49   #13234
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
we know its chaos guaranteed even without a reason - Thanks to the erring & educated populace that drives here.
And this is exactly what it looks like right now:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-betl.jpg
RFID/Credit & Debit Card/Mobile Wallet - You may have it all, but you can't do much when you are stuck like this even at 0845am!

I had decided to drive from the corridor underneath BETL today expecting this.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 10:06   #13235
BHPian

I was at the BETL toll today at 8:05am and there was a long queue (EC-2) already. Whose idea was it to introduce card swipes at tolls? They don't serve any purpose other than wasting so much time.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 10:13   #13236
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
No right turn from Sarjapur road to Haralur road in front of big bazar. Have to go till the Fire station and take a u turn.
Started from this weekend. I am not sure if this will really help traffic situation.

It has moved the bottle neck from harlur junction to the fire station. Moreover it takes more time to take a U turn vs a right turn so will slow things down.

Only thing I am seeing is that it will discourage people to use harlur road from ORR to go to e-city and some may use the jail road instead of harlur.

For me it adds another 10-15minutes commute to take U turn and turn into harlur road to go home.

Firstly they should really fix that massive pothole at the harlur road intersection.
Old 5th December 2016, 10:20   #13237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
It has moved the bottle neck from harlur junction to the fire station. Moreover it takes more time to take a U turn vs a right turn so will slow things down.

Only thing I am seeing is that it will discourage people to use harlur road from ORR to go to e-city and some may use the jail road instead of harlur.
Haven't been that way for several days now; but isn't it that there is a lot more space at the fire station for the U-turn that through traffic will not be affected that much? Plus I believe they were planning to construct a proper roundabout there?

Further - I think the blocked off the right turn into Jail Road as well? Or is it open now, after the road was resurfaced?
Old 5th December 2016, 10:27   #13238
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Haven't been that way for several days now; but isn't it that there is a lot more space at the fire station for the U-turn that through traffic will not be affected that much? Plus I believe they were planning to construct a proper roundabout there?
There's more space there but there's 2 issues. One, it is more difficult to take a U turn then a right turn. Time taken for a U will always be more and larger vehicle like the water tankers and trucks will be a royal mess.

Secondly, the road is wider at the U-turn point but from Spencers onwards the road is narrower and because of the shops, cars are parked and block the entire left lane effectively 1 lane of moving traffic from spencers to the cloud 9 hospital. This is causing a huge bottle neck.

Quote:
Further - I think the blocked off the right turn into Jail Road as well? Or is it open now, after the road was resurfaced?
Jail road right turn still blocked but cars take U-turn after that and take left.

This area is getting worse by the day. I don't know what will happen when that massive IT park next to Decathlon opens up.
Old 5th December 2016, 10:33   #13239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Let me know your thoughts on whose fault it is. I have to agree that it is partly mine because, I could have been driven a bit slower on this service road or could have stopped completely, watched and proceeded. Feel free to accuse me if you think it is my fault
With all your permission, I can simple say you were driving pretty fast near that intersection. I can easily say, half of Chinnapanahalli railway gate traffic comes from this intersection. You can expect vehicles coming from right (the biker did here), front (the route you were taking), perpendicular front (from ring road) and not to forget, from the left side of ring road (some fools instead of going straight till e-zone and taking U turn to join service road, come in wrong side to join the service road from the big ISRO U turn) and also some of the over enthusiastic drivers coming behind you and simple taking a surprise U turn, in front of you, to join the ring road, irrespective of you going straight - all this could happen
LoneRidder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2016, 13:12   #13240
Senior - BHPian

So this ORR Total Mall flyover is getting ready:-

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-flyover.jpg

I wish they do a good job in leveling these joints on the bridge.

Most of you must have experienced the “thuds” you feel, or the flutter in your stomach when you are flung up while in bike when you are on the Kadubeesanahalli flyover and pass over these joints. I wonder how much stress these bumps are unnecessarily causing to the suspensions of thousands of vehicles plying over it, and we seem to live that. And people prefer to stay on left while they approach these joints (I do that), which can, or had caused accidents due to people swerving suddenly to stay on the left.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 5th December 2016 at 13:28.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th December 2016, 13:58   #13241
BHPian

Quote:
Most of you must have experienced the “thuds” you feel, or the flutter in your stomach when you are flung up while in bike when you are on the Kadubeesanahalli flyover and pass over these joints. I wonder how much stress these bumps are unnecessarily causing to the suspensions of thousands of vehicles plying over it, and we seem to live that.
I wonder wouldn't the bridge structure also getting damaged every time, these things should be covered under regular maintenance, even the BETL has few such huge gaps.

Is it really a big thing to cover the gap, even the railway tracks have removed the gaps I think.!

Regards
SVR
Old 7th December 2016, 08:41   #13242
BHPian

A private inter-state bus banged a BMTC bus from the rear, right in front of More Store on ORR, between Croma and Marathalli junction. Expect some delays as the buses have occupied 2 lanes of the narrow ORR.
drive2eternity is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 10:00   #13243
Senior - BHPian

Dairy Circle flyover is being resurfaced - the carriageway heading from Christ College towards Nimhans is shut. All traffic is being routed on the surface.
While Bangalore Traffic Police is doing their best, there are already long queues all the way back to Madiwala Check Post junction.
For the next 2-3 days, if you are heading from Koramangala/Madiwala side towards Wilson Garden/Bannerghatta Road, please avoid the Dairy Circle junction if possible.
KiloAlpha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th December 2016, 10:53   #13244
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So this ORR Total Mall flyover is getting ready
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspire View Post
I wonder wouldn't the bridge structure also getting damaged every time, these things should be covered under regular maintenance, even the BETL has few such huge gaps.
Now a days these bridges look so ugly too. There is no one caring about aesthetics anymore. The KR market flyover has a under belly thats done so nicely.
Regarding the thuds, I think its just poor workmanship. The flyover opp Intel is again full of big potholes at one of the joints. Its the same spot that took the life of a person.

Last edited by ampere : 8th December 2016 at 15:46. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 9th December 2016, 09:46   #13245
BHPian

Over smart Driver Kicked Back Driving Wrong Way

Vehicle Number : WB 38 Y 4462 Chevy Spark Petrol

Driver of this vehicle acted over smart and wanted to go ahead of everyone waiting patiently in the narrow one way lane during school rush hour. Had to beat a retreat as the vehicles in the opposite lane pushed him back.

Everyone was waiting patiently for the vehicles to pass through. And the driver of this vehicle wanted to go right, without the basic knowledge that there will be vehicles coming from the other end also.

The reversing of the vehicle was scary. It was close to nicking few vehicles.

Passengers not wearing seat belts ! That's not good.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-idiot_1.jpg  

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-idiot_2.jpg  

lambuhere1 is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks