Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2016, 18:07   #13036
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
KR PURA buildup had started from 7AM in the morning. But as usual, no one kmows why. But I had expected this week to be lean. Now I dont think so.
It's because, till the time traffic police reaches the place to manage things in morning, it is a free lunch for all. Nobody gives a damn to the traffic behind them. I've seen buses, autos and taxis who want to pick passengers from station standing in three or four parallel lanes in front of the station. And once traffic starts piling up, it takes forever to clear out. Traffic is really ugly at that point even at 6 AM!
Old 24th October 2016, 19:11   #13037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
Have the schools reopened? Looks like the traffic mess was at the worst today. Was hearing that there were major blocks at KR Puram, Banaswadi and Iblur. The Gunjur-Varthur-Varthur Kodi-Whitefield road was jammed right from around 0930Hrs. I had to do a bit of "exploring Karnataka villages" since I did not want to get stuck in the jam. I took the Gunjur-Kathriguppe-Tirumalashetty Halli-Channasandra route to reach Whitefield. It took pretty much the same time, but at least the vehicle was on the move and less stress on my left leg.
I've been using similar routes to avoid varthur kodi-whitefield stretch, whenever I see deep red on google maps. I turn towards foundation school on gunjur-mugalur road and go towards MadhuraNagar and then go towards Valepura to Ajjagondahalli and from there to Immadihalli main road.
The roads ain't that great, but its a very peaceful drive. in 30 minutes I reach Whitefield from Gunjur. A very scenic route though, very green and devoid of concrete jungles.
Old 24th October 2016, 21:10   #13038
Distinguished - BHPian

This morning in front of Gurudwara, Ulsoor lake. KSRTC driver thinks he is another damned cab or two wheeler and takes a short cut. Cab driver gave him a mouthful he would never want to hear again and I followed with some cultured slang
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 13:46   #13039
Senior - BHPian

This is going to create quite a mess on Old Airport Road.

As tweeted by @DCPTrEastBCP: BWSSB water pipeline work will commence from 3rd November for 90 days on Old Airport Road.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-btp.jpg  

airbus is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2016, 14:13   #13040
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
This is going to create quite a mess on Old Airport Road.

As tweeted by @DCPTrEastBCP: BWSSB water pipeline work will commence from 3rd November for 90 days on Old Airport Road.
The mess created depends upon what happens to the Wind tunnel road junction/ISRO Junction. If they block wind tunnel road, then the signal can be opened up and traffic can only pass in either way, which is not the case now resulting in a long backup of cars. Entrance and Exit from ISRO can be made a 10s signal and both sides can be stopped for this duration and also to allow people to cross the road. However, this will affect people going towards EGL.

If this junction is left free for vehicles to pass, the pile up on airport road will go all the way beyond Suranjan Das road junction. Currently the average pile up is near Kemp Fort(for newbies to HAL area, Total or RVM temple). This can increase due to reduced road width and the construction mess. However, more people will start taking Wind tunnel road, and this will worsen the pile up near the signal since traffic entering HAL airport road will become more, and as usual some signal jumping morons will block free movement for the people on the main road.

Either way, this will result in the stretch between Lifestyle Junction and ISRO to be much free.

Quick question: Is it possible for me to take Wind tunnel road and then go to IRR through EGL road? Or is this road restricted to employees of companies inside EGL?
Old 25th October 2016, 15:17   #13041
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quick question: Is it possible for me to take Wind tunnel road and then go to IRR through EGL road?
Yes. You will emerge in front of Madurai Idli on IRR. In the return direction you can take the U-turn under the Domlur interchange.
binand is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2016, 10:35   #13042
BHPian

People exiting the NICE road and entering the EC, beware. A huge pile up right from about half km before the NICE exit toll gate; whereas the road below the elevated flyover is relatively empty.
Old 26th October 2016, 10:44   #13043
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
People exiting the NICE road and entering the EC, beware. A huge pile up right from about half km before the NICE exit toll gate; whereas the road below the elevated flyover is relatively empty.
Almost an every day affair now I would say and this remains till 11:30-12 noon.

Today looks bad as pile up extends beyond toll both. Yesterday the pile up started 50 meters ahead of the exit toll and as we were crawling I noticed:
  • Almost 3 lanes on Service roads on both side below the flyover - Stranded and crawling
  • More than 3 lanes on the main corridor - Stranded and crawling
  • Multiple lane on the NICE Overbridge crossing Hosur Road - Stranded and crawling

Situation off late at this junction has become horrible and I noticed it once when I was TDing a car from a friend during the same Jam hours while yesterday I drove to EC in a colleague's car who has a habit to reach EC at 10am.

Glad that I reach EC by 0730am strictly or else I never visit. Can't imagine folks taking more than 1 hour to reach from NICE entry - Bannerghatta road to EC while I take 50 minutes for a 34 kms commute with 0630am start.

The mess is getting worse day after days despite of so many lanes and elevated flyover.

Last edited by paragsachania : 26th October 2016 at 11:00.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 08:37   #13044
BHPian

Big jam at Alpine Eco road towards Whitefield. Road works and over enthusiasm of going ahead is the culprit
Old 27th October 2016, 08:46   #13045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Big jam at Alpine Eco road towards Whitefield. Road works and over enthusiasm of going ahead is the culprit
The culprit is an accident at the T-junction near the big basket warehouse. Meru cab and a mini truck.
K a s h is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th October 2016, 09:22   #13046
BHPian

What is wrong at KR Puram this week ? It has been unusually bad since Monday
Old 27th October 2016, 09:43   #13047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
The culprit is an accident at the T-junction near the big basket warehouse. Meru cab and a mini truck.
I saw a cop clearing the traffic and helping the cabbie push the cab. The TTs and cabs were all rushing from the right side as their was absence of oncoming traffic. Finally they were also the culprits in causing the jam. People trying to get out that area towards ORR were held up big time I think.
Old 27th October 2016, 09:52   #13048
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Exactly my observation. It was never like this for a few weeks till this week. This whole week the jam has stretched till the exit of the ORR flyover ramp from Hebbal Side even at 7AM. Not sure why. I end up taking the bridge and then get back to ITPL main road through the underpass. Saves around 5-10mins.
Old 27th October 2016, 11:26   #13049
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by K a s h View Post
There is a BBMP demolition drive going on on Whitefield Main road. The Whitefield Club seems to have lost their compound wall, and there were also C.A.R vehicles parked inside. Saw the jeeps of the CI of Traffic Police and lots of police men there. A ware house, or godown next to the club also was getting demolished. The traffic jam was mainly due to the dumper trucks parked on the road to clear away the debris.
Old 27th October 2016, 12:11   #13050
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonelyPlanet View Post
Quote:
Exactly my observation.
I think its just the pre diwali office rush with everyone trying to get to work before taking a long break.

Quote:
I end up taking the bridge and then get back to ITPL main road through the underpass. Saves around 5-10mins.
If your destination is near ITPL, then why do you take old madras road? I travel to Graphite India and your timings at Trinity are almost the same as mine - between 7-7.10 am. Which means, you could take Domlur - Jeevanbhimanagar (take this to avoid the jam at HAL main gate signal) - HAL police station - Yamlur - Marathahalli/Doddanekundi main road - Graphite India - ITPL.

My typical timings are:
YPR - 6:45 am
Trinity - 7.00 - 7.05 am
HAL Police station - 7.20 am
Yemlur - 7.30 am
Graphite India - 7.45 am

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks