Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2016, 09:07   #12721
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

I just drove from Basavanagudi to BTM and back. Lot of police presence, at every signal.

There is a mad mad rush at every open petrol bunk, something like 30-40 2 wheelers crammed into each bunk.

I just happened to spot a bakery that had opened near east end, bought enough biscuits to last for next 3 days. When I was there, some miscreants came and made noise about closing the bakery. The owners then started to close the place and I headed off.

Everyone is driving sanely and stopping at every traffic signal. A welcome change to the usual super hectic traffic.
Old 13th September 2016, 09:10   #12722
BHPian

Good morning! Need to travel to Karthik ultrasound scan center in Arekere for an 11 am appointment, with my wife who is into 4th month of her pregnancy.

I stay in kathriguppe and plan to take Bannerghatta main road.

Please share any updates in case you pass through this route between now and 10.15 am. Thanks!
Old 13th September 2016, 09:14   #12723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyascashyap View Post
Just reached the airport from basweshwarnagar. It was totally uneventful. Saw 0 cops or cop cars on the entire route till I reached the airport but it was OK. No signs of violence anywhere. Very few cabs on the way to the airport, no other obvious signs of something amiss.

On the entire stretch from hebbal flyover to the airport, saw only one petrol bunk open. It was the Bharath Petroleum bunk on the right side of the road right when the unused toll booth starts on the way to the airport. Everything else is closed.

Thanks for the update Shreyas. I managed to make it to the airport and back with the amount of diesel I had in car. All pumps all the way from IIMB all the way to the airport were closed. Went via Hosur road, St Marks, Chalukya. Returned via Urvashi, Madhavan Park, Jayanagar 4th Block.

Though my friend did update me that the Indian Oil pump near Mantri Sarovar apartment in HSR is functioning. This was at 6 in the morning. Don't know the status now.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Team-BHP
Old 13th September 2016, 09:18   #12724
BHPian

Update on Whitefield-Manipal Hospital stretch of Old Airport Road:
Whole stretch is calm and peaceful. Very less traffic as only few people are out on the roads. Most of the Petrol bunks are open and few shops/hotels are open.

Last edited by hillsnrains : 13th September 2016 at 09:21.
Old 13th September 2016, 09:31   #12725
BHPian

I am unsure of why some news channels have reported HSR layout as one of the sensitive areas. Was out around 5 PM yesterday. All shops were closed, but no protests / unlawful activities.

I went out around 8 AM today. Only a few vegetable shops are open. All supermarkets are shut (could be because of Id as well).
Old 13th September 2016, 09:32   #12726
Senior - BHPian

I stay in Rajarajeshwari Nagar. Had a nice run on roads. Vehicles are on road, people walking around and shops open (atleast milk related early morning). I would hope authorities force normalcy by asking shops to open and keep vigil.
Old 13th September 2016, 10:15   #12727
BHPian

Went to Brigade Gateway as it was an unavoidable situation. Went via New Bhel road and back via Bellary road. From 8:45am to 9:20am - saw mainly private cars, very few yellow boards, no BMTC buses.
Old 13th September 2016, 10:41   #12728
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
I am unsure of why some news channels have reported HSR layout as one of the sensitive areas. Was out around 5 PM yesterday. All shops were closed, but no protests / unlawful activities.

I went out around 8 AM today. Only a few vegetable shops are open. All supermarkets are shut (could be because of Id as well).
I went for a walk early morning. No problem.
Went to buy some bread an hour ago.
No problem.
So far so good.

HSR is generally quite peaceful.
Old 13th September 2016, 11:00   #12729
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post

I went around HSR at 9:00. It was business as usual. Most of the shops and all the petrol bunks are open as well. The supermarkets are closed because of Id.

Last edited by m8002? : 13th September 2016 at 11:00. Reason: spell check
Old 13th September 2016, 11:08   #12730
Distinguished - BHPian

Update on BMTC buses - the BMTC Flybus is here

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image.png
audioholic is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 11:42   #12731
Senior - BHPian

Updates from Hebbagodi & Bommasandra side
---
1. It looks like a holiday out here. Private vehicles, plus some yellow board taxis cited.
2. Pretty much all shops are opened.
3. All petrol pumps open.
4. No flag waving crowd or bike riders cited any where. Every one seems to be relaxing.
5. So some buses (BMTC & Private) operating. I don't think they are running their full schedules.

Last edited by SDP : 13th September 2016 at 12:22. Reason: Edited off-topic parts. Please check PM.
Old 13th September 2016, 11:46   #12732
Senior - BHPian

In Bommanahalli, most of the shops are closed. Vehicle movement is there.

Last edited by SDP : 13th September 2016 at 12:11. Reason: Edited out off-topic portion
Old 13th September 2016, 11:48   #12733
BHPian

All normal in KRpuram, ITI area. Schools are off anyway because of Bakrid.

Very less traffic, Buses seen, though frequency seems to be a less

Devasandra main road towards ayyappanagar, seems to be a little hot spot these days. Tyres burned yesterday evening, and we can see charred remains of burnt tyre. Today everything seems normal.
Old 13th September 2016, 12:12   #12734
BHPian

The situation becomes really bad for people who depend on public transport. Yesterday my spouse had a lot of problem trying to get back - she depends on the Metro. I meanwhile left from EC around 6:15 and reached Byapanahalli via Indiranagar in 45 mins flat.

Today was declared as a non-working day.
Old 13th September 2016, 12:19   #12735
BHPian

Peaceful drive from Kathriguppe to Arekere via BSK 2nd stage, JP Nagar Central, Jayadeva and BG Road.

Roads are not empty, but not choc-a-bloc either!

Please carry cash for your important work today. I didn't find any ATM operational between Arekere junction to Decathlon to Brigade Millennium (JP Nagar 7th phase). They are mostly closed, the ones that are not have no cash in them!!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks