Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2016, 22:54   #12616
BHPian

Took almost 2.5 hours to reach Hebbal Junction from Cessna Business Park. Almost missed my flight. What went wrong today? People scooting out because of bandh? Or might just be the super long weekend rush.
Old 8th September 2016, 23:05   #12617
BHPian

My journey from ITPL to Jayadeva was a full 3.30 min (7.30 pm to 11.00 pm) with 3 hrs standing travel on Volvo city bus. A litmus test of one's patience and resilience.
bhandary is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 11:36   #12618
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Following are the updates as of now:

1. Byappanahalli-TIN factory: Protestors have started burning tyres on the road leading to traffic blockade.

2. One TN registered vehicle burnt at Dairy Circle.

3. Protestors have gheraoed (laid siege) to Airport & City railway stations.

4. Marathahalli-yemlur junction: Protestors have started burning tyres on the road leading to traffic blockade.

5. Nagwara, Hebbal & Babuspalya: Blocked by protestors.

6. All vehicles entering Bangalore have been stopped by TN police 1 km away from interstate boundary.

7. No buses are plying.

8. Metro is not running.

Last edited by balenoed_ : 9th September 2016 at 11:37.
balenoed_ is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 11:49   #12619
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
Its a work from home day for us. I'm honestly not a big fan of working from home . No real work actually happens.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
And only the Business unit of my firm is operational while others are not. It also means, all of us are advised to Work From Home which pretty much my entire workforce does otherwise too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
On the contrary, I find work from home to be a great boon in today global environment with distributed teams. Even when you go to office, you end up joining numerous conference calls. IMO, work from home saves time, traffic hassles and results in higher productivity
Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
Considering the chaotic bangalore traffic, work from home is the best option. Productivity will improve lot better as you are cutting down on the travel part. Moreover even in office you talk to your counterparts who sit in US. That can be done even if you sit at your home. May be once in fortnight the employees should go to office to share the updates from your side to your boss.
Little jealous of all you guys - since you have the option of 'Work from home'. Spare a thought to folks like me who are not in IT sector & with no choice of WFH.
Last week we were working on the strike/bandh day with employees told to either come to work or take leave.
This time around management decided to declare holiday and compensate by working next Saturday.
srvm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 12:00   #12620
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Hope the poor BMTC buses and cars are saved of any damage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
2. One TN registered vehicle burnt at Dairy Circle.
Here you go. Ecosport belongs to my close friend who stays in Jakkur in a rented house as he belongs to Hosur and works out of Manyatha Tech Park.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-img20160909wa0023.jpg

At 0915 today, miscreants noticed this car parked inside the gate and began pelting stones to damage this. My friend said he was fast asleep as he was working till 0330am and his wife pleaded these guys who still managed to break one of the glass and in a hurry.

He went to Sampigehalli Police Station to register and FIR but the cops only provided him with an acknowledgement that will help him claim insurance.

Sad but true if you thought your car parked inside the gate is safe. This happened in Telecom Layout which hardly has any commercial buildings (almost zero) and is a peaceful residential locality.

Beware!! Entering a house and targeting individual cars? Not done even with the best reasons to support, Sorry!

Last edited by paragsachania : 9th September 2016 at 12:02.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 12:04   #12621
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Here you go. Ecosport belongs to my close friend who stays in Jakkur in a rented house as he belongs to Hosur and works out of Manyatha Tech Park.
I saw a few groups of protestors rallying in my road too. They seemed to have stopped at the apartment next door. But my apartment has no TN cars and I think no scenes happened downstairs. I think its better not to take such vehicles out in the next few days as there will definitely be some sadists who want to make some mischief whether or not it serves some purpose.
Old 9th September 2016, 12:09   #12622
BHPian

Quote:
Beware!! Entering a house and targeting individual cars? Not done even with the best reasons to support, Sorry!
Things are a bit chaotic even in generally peaceful area of KR Puram.

I had to take my mom out for a blood sugar test in the morning and when I was returning (distance of only about 2km) multiple processions, blocking the entire road, some angry glares directed at my vehicle! Mine is a KA registered vehicle. Fortunately I knew many people walking in the procession and they gave a friendly, but stark warning - don't take your car out, park it immediately. A little further near ayyappa nagar, they were stoning even KA vehicles which came in the path of the procession.
Old 9th September 2016, 12:20   #12623
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
4. Marathahalli-yemlur junction: Protestors have started burning tyres on the road leading to traffic blockade.
This came in my apartment complex WhatsApp group:

Quote:
Friends...do not venture out..I just got back now .... a. Old airport road blocked by people in bore well stop as well as the signal...waited for 15mins and then took u turn to come thru wind tunnel road..tyres and tree trunk burnt after mal office (parallel to airport compound)...Stone throwing near yemalur village/bellandur bridge (as per some workers who told me while I tried to come thru that side)...atlast came home now crossing the burning trees..
(mal above is NAL)

So the Wind Tunnel Road bypass route for OA Road is also not safe.
Old 9th September 2016, 12:27   #12624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by creative420 View Post
Took almost 2.5 hours to reach Hebbal Junction from Cessna Business Park. Almost missed my flight. What went wrong today? People scooting out because of bandh? Or might just be the super long weekend rush.
I left Cessna Business park @ 2130 hrs yesterday & also took me 2 hours to reach Hebbal. Traffic was clogged due to the convenient parking of the overnight buses along the marathalli ORR road. Every policeman gets a royal cut from every single bus parked. Poor souls like us suffer.

Quote:

At 0915 today, miscreants noticed this car parked inside the gate and began pelting stones to damage this. My friend said he was fast asleep as he was working till 0330am and his wife pleaded these guys who still managed to break one of the glass and in a hurry.
Most unheard of that the residential areas get targeted. Possible due its proximity to the Airport Road perhaps. Happens like this when the mob beats a retreat OR when they collectively arrive at a certain junction - no one is spared

Quote:
Originally Posted by haria View Post
Mine is a KA registered vehicle. Fortunately I knew many people walking in the procession and they gave a friendly, but stark warning - don't take your car out, park it immediately. A little further near ayyappa nagar, they were stoning even KA vehicles which came in the path of the procession.
I do not have the privilege of WFH, hence left home at 0600 & reached Cessna by 0640 in the morning. It was relatively very peaceful. Will leave in the evening post 1900.
Old 9th September 2016, 12:30   #12625
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3_07 View Post
Most unheard of that the residential areas get targeted. Possible due its proximity to the Airport Road perhaps. Happens like this when the mob beats a retreat OR when they collectively arrive at a certain junction - no one is spared
The only thing I suspect is that he takes the route from a small village to reach Manyatha and he must have been got noted.

This is not even anywhere closer to the Airport/Bellary Road. It is at least 3-4 Kilometers inside.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 12:30   #12626
Senior - BHPian

People are nuts!

All this stone throwing and burning TN (or KA) vehicles is going to solve anything? This just makes the issue even worse and gives people bitter memories. This issue has been going on for ages and is not gonna get solved by these stupid tactics and bandhs - it will just make the common man's life a bit more painful.

Be safe folks, don't be hero and invite the wrath of these nincompoops. They've nothing to lose, you do.
IronH4WK is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 12:32   #12627
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The only thing I suspect is that he takes the route from a small village to reach Manyatha and he must have been got noted.
As someone who drives a TN-registered car in Bangalore, that sounds ominous to me.
Old 9th September 2016, 12:37   #12628
BHPian

Quote:

This is not even anywhere closer to the Airport/Bellary Road. It is at least 3-4 Kilometers inside.
I stand corrected. Indeed, it is quite a far distance. Mobs have no reasoning nor are they reasonable.

I had a similar experience when Dr Rajkumar expired & there was a craze mob on palace road. My car was bang in the middle & i was lucky to escape, as i was tailing a Central MPs car, who was in a hurry to reach the airport. I still can't forget that moment.
m3_07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 12:43   #12629
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronH4WK View Post
People are nuts!

Be safe folks, don't be hero and invite the wrath of these nincompoops. They've nothing to lose, you do.
Indeed. My entire team is WFH today. I have asked the team members who have TN registered vehicles to keep them inside for a couple of days.
As I have tweeted, if we must protest, let us protest! but just because a car os registered in TN, it should not be targeted. Its unfair and like someone said earlier, leaves a bitter taste for long periods - which is not what peaceful, lovely (often congested) and accommodating Bangalore/Karnataka is known for.

As far as memories go, Dr Rajkumar's death is still fresh with me too. Was the only person in my small team with remote connectivity. All others in my team were asked to go back home asap. And since I have not left for office, I was asked to log in and stay logged in. I clocked a good 47 hours that time

Last edited by gtonsing : 9th September 2016 at 12:45. Reason: added information
gtonsing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2016, 12:51   #12630
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
From the message I hear on the ground, tomorrow's bandh would be much more strongly enforced. An FM channel was even quoting the Com.Pol and saying that TN registered vehicles is best left indoors tomorrow.
Saw this bus yesterday which has a TN registration at Marathahalli bridge and is a city bus plying between Marathahalli and ITPL. Not sure if the bus employees/owner or the activists have defaced the registration board in wake of the strike today.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-tn-city-bus-bgl.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks