Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2016, 10:34   #12406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Guys,

Does anyone know whether the metro is fully operational from Byappanahalli to Mysore road satellite bus stand (Is the metro station near the bus stand?). I have to board an outstation bus from satellite bus stand at 9pm and thinking whether I can use this option of taking the metro from Byappanahalli, instead of cab or bus? Anyone ever traveled this route? And the frequency of trains etc.
Old 12th August 2016, 10:48   #12407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by balenoed_ View Post
Guys,

Does anyone know whether the metro is fully operational from Byappanahalli to Mysore road satellite bus stand (Is the metro station near the bus stand?). I have to board an outstation bus from satellite bus stand at 9pm and thinking whether I can use this option of taking the metro from Byappanahalli, instead of cab or bus? Anyone ever traveled this route? And the frequency of trains etc.
Byappanahalli - Indiranagar - MG Road - Majestic/KBS - Vijay Nagar - Mysore Road - This is Purple Line and is operational as of now.

The last stop on Mysore road is almost Nyandhalli. From here you can take a rick and reach the satellite bus station.

EDIT: Every 8 Minutes in Peak hours and 10 minutes during non-peak. We took a ride from MG road to Mysore road last month to reach Rajarajeshwari Nagar. This was at 6PM and the train was Jam packed. Still a saner option considering how traffic is on this route during evening peak hours. Took 40 minutes to reach Mysore road from MG Road.

Last edited by paragsachania : 12th August 2016 at 10:58.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 10:56   #12408
BHPian

Quote:
Guys,

I have to board an outstation bus from satellite bus stand at 9pm and thinking whether I can use this option of taking the metro from Byappanahalli, instead of cab or bus? Anyone ever traveled this route? And the frequency of trains etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Byappanahalli - Indiranagar - MG Road - Majestic/KBS - Vijay Nagar - Mysore Road - This is Purple Line and is operational as of now.

The last stop on Mysore road is almost Nyandhalli. From here you can take a rick and reach the satellite bus station.
Adding to what Parag said, I believe there are trains every 10mins. It takes about 20odd minutes to reach Majestic station. And there are BMTC buses waiting outside the Majestic Metro station that will take you to Mysore road satellite station. The other option is to get down at Deepanjali Nagar metro station and take a rick.
sanjaykk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 11:00   #12409
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjaykk View Post
Adding to what Parag said, I believe there are trains every 10mins. It takes about 20odd minutes to reach Majestic station. And there are BMTC buses waiting outside the Majestic Metro station that will take you to Mysore road satellite station. The other option is to get down at Deepanjali Nagar metro station and take a rick.
Sorry Sanjay, As I was editing and clicked on Submit, I realised you had answered the query on frequencies . Yes, Deepanjali Nagar is also a very good option to alight. Overall, Metro makes sense than anything else from Byapanahalli to Satellite Bus Station.
paragsachania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 11:33   #12410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

EDIT: Every 8 Minutes in Peak hours and 10 minutes during non-peak. We took a ride from MG road to Mysore road last month to reach Rajarajeshwari Nagar.
Quote:
And there are BMTC buses waiting outside the Majestic Metro station that will take you to Mysore road satellite station. The other option is to get down at Deepanjali Nagar metro station and take a rick.
Quote:
Yes, Deepanjali Nagar is also a very good option to alight. Overall, Metro makes sense than anything else from Byapanahalli to Satellite Bus Station.
Thank you both of you. That sounds good. Planning to take it tonight then, by arriving B'halli at about 7.15pm, and expecting to reach Satellite by max 8:30pm. Hope that will work. The one way tickets can be purchased quickly just by walking in right? Is that a card system?

Also tell me this guys, Why Deepanjali station? why not just keep going up to Mysore road station itself?

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-bangaloremetropurpleline.png
pic source:99acres
Old 12th August 2016, 11:37   #12411
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Why Deepanjali station? why not just keep going up to Mysore road station itself?
Because Mysore Road starts from the center of the city near Town Hall and goes all the way to Mysore. However, if you look at the Metro Rail Map (Purple Line), the first point where the Metro line touches Mysore road (Well ammost Mysore road you can say) is Deepanjali nagar.

Also, the Mysore Road Satellite Bus Stand is located towards the city from Deepanjali Nagar station and not towards Mysore.

So alighting at Deepanjali nagar means you are closer to the Satellite Bus stand.

Here's an illustration that will help you get an idea:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-metro.jpg

Last edited by paragsachania : 12th August 2016 at 11:47.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 11:57   #12412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
Clearly the fault of the cyclist. If someone has o be fined, it has to be him.
If the cargo or luggage is not secured, isn't it his fault?

But the traffic police will only catch the poor car guy who is an easy target.
The car guy can shout all he wants but will have to pay up finally!
Well, its the cyclist fault, but also the car driver. A puncture tyre doesn't mean, he can park the car and start working on his tyre on the busy road. The car should be definitely parked out of the road not hindering the traffic. If space is not available, the car should be driven to the available place even if means damaging the tyres.

Many times I find people stop the car on the road and work on the flat tyre, and some times even on the tyre that is facing the traffic

Vehicles should not be stopped on the roads unless it is a standstill breakdown.
LoneRidder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 11:58   #12413
BHPian

Quote:
The one way tickets can be purchased quickly just by walking in right? Is that a card system?

There is a card system for regular users. But for one way tickets/one time tickets you do not need to buy a card. You buy these tickets at the counter. There are ticket vending machines too.
Old 12th August 2016, 12:05   #12414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Many times I find people stop the car on the road and work on the flat tyre, and some times even on the tyre that is facing the traffic

Vehicles should not be stopped on the roads unless it is a standstill breakdown.
Agreed. We have people who don't move an inch too after suffering a flat tire.

Few months back a friend rear ended his Swift to an Innova and called me immediately saying a green liquid was leaking from beneath. That is when I overheard a cop come by as him what was wrong and if he was able to start the car (car start maadbahudalvaa?) and asked him to move it aside as it was causing traffic bottlenecks.

The cop here instead of fining the car driver would have at least asked him to move ahead then pulling out a receipt and handing it out. We are no one to teach the cops how to work efficiently but here is where the same person may have set a good example too!
Old 12th August 2016, 13:10   #12415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So alighting at Deepanjali nagar means you are closer to the Satellite Bus stand.
Okay, yes, from your first post, I assumed that could be the reason.

But what confused me was a wrong search I did on google maps. The Satellite bus station that I searched for is some another bus station with a similar name.
hmm..
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-mysore-road.jpg

Quote:
There is a card system for regular users. But for one way tickets/one time tickets you do not need to buy a card. You buy these tickets at the counter. There are ticket vending machines too.
Thank you Sanjay

I am clear now.
Old 12th August 2016, 13:18   #12416
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
But what confused me was a wrong search I did on google maps. The Satellite bus station that I searched for is some another bus station with ....
Yew indeed. KSRTC satellite Bus Station and BMTC Satellite Bus stand (TTMC) are 2 different elements here. Nevertheless I hope now you are clear and no more confusions
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 13:20   #12417
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneRidder View Post
Well, its the cyclist fault, but also the car driver. A puncture tyre doesn't mean, he can park the car and start working on his tyre on the busy road. The car should be definitely parked out of the road not hindering the traffic. If space is not available, the car should be driven to the available place even if means damaging the tyres.

You are right if they don't even move an inch. The major mistake however is still the careless cyclist.

But looking at the photos I thought that since he is replacing the tyre of his Figo close to the footpath, he has put his car on the kerb side.
Also the photo where the police is writing a challan, and where the owner is arguing, the car is on the fast lane, which is where the tyre was punctured.

However, In this case, I think the sequence of events would have been something like this:

1. Figo's tyre was punctured on the fast lane and the owner would have stopped to check.
2. When the police came and asked to move the vehicle, he would've vented his ire on him and probably would even have told him that he can't/won't move the vehicle.
3. Only when the police started to write the Challan, he would have put it to the side, obviously miffed, and then changed the tyre afterwards.

I always take news reports with a pinch of salt...the order of events reported may not always be the truth
Old 12th August 2016, 14:00   #12418
BHPian

Quote:
The cop here instead of fining the car driver would have at least asked him to move ahead then pulling out a receipt and handing it out. We are no one to teach the cops how to work efficiently but here is where the same person may have set a good example too!
Do you think our cops are that brute to simply fine without looking into matter. I am sure some heated words would have got exchanged before he pulled his slip! We can also see in the first picture the cop in kaki setting a example by picking the fallen stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hemanth.anand View Post
You are right if they don't even move an inch. The major mistake however is still the careless cyclist.

But looking at the photos I thought that since he is replacing the tyre of his Figo close to the footpath, he has put his car on the kerb side.
A mistake is a mistake, I believe the car driver, better off than the cyclist should have been more matured to avoid stopping on the fast lane. True the cyclist is at fault. But what police can do? Impound his licence, cycle?

The 4th picture suggests the driver saying 'budhi idheya?' to the cop which would have ignited the cop!

Whatever it is I never park my car on roads!
LoneRidder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2016, 14:23   #12419
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Butwhat confused me was a wrong search I did on google maps.
That is Kengeri bus station (both KSRTC & BMTC). Somebody must have marked it incorrectly on Google.
Quote:
Yew indeed. KSRTC satellite Bus Station and BMTC Satellite Bus stand (TTMC) are 2 different elements here. Nevertheless I hope now you are clear and no more confusions
Isn't satellite bus station TTMC is where all KSRTC buses headed towards Mysore start and this also where BMTC buses stop?
Old 12th August 2016, 14:26   #12420
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Isn't satellite bus station TTMC is where all KSRTC buses headed towards Mysore start and this also where BMTC buses stop?
This should be true I supposed as I notice that whenever I pass Double Road or Yeshwantpur.

However, like you mentioned the Kengeri one is wrongly market as the actual Satellite Bus station for Mysore is located towards the inside of the city than the outside.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks