Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2016, 18:44   #11041
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Massive jam on the Panathur Road-ORR junction (Kadubeesanahalli). My building security says there's been an accident near Ecospace. Do your due diligence before entering the ORR this side.
binand is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 09:48   #11042
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Massive jam on the Panathur Road-ORR junction (Kadubeesanahalli). My building security says there's been an accident near Ecospace.
Not sure if it was an accident or a brake down. Saw one truck parked near Intel flyover as usual on right most lane. That could have been the reason.
Old 12th March 2016, 12:25   #11043
Senior - BHPian

Digging up a road is a common sight. Digging up on top of a flyover is something I have never seen before. It's not too great a picture but if you look close, you can see what they have done on top of krpuram bridge. The jam was not because of it. This is how it is, getting into peak hour.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image.jpeg
Old 12th March 2016, 13:33   #11044
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Digging up a road is a common sight. Digging up on top of a flyover is something I have never seen before. It's not too great a picture but if you look close, you can see what they have done on top of krpuram bridge.
It's most likely another useless way to spend money on a beatification initiative. My hunch is that they're just replacing the old style granite pavement with concrete slabs and concrete blocks on the sides
This is my conclusion after seeing it for a week or so.
Old 12th March 2016, 13:36   #11045
BHPian

Quote:
Digging up a road is a common sight. Digging up on top of a flyover is something I have never seen before. It's not too great a picture but if you look close, you can see what they have done on top of krpuram bridge. The jam was not because of it. This is how it is, getting into peak hour.

Attachment 1484976
Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
It's most likely another useless way to spend money on a beatification initiative. My hunch is that they're just replacing the old style granite pavement with concrete slabs and concrete blocks on the sides
This is my conclusion after seeing it for a week or so.
Making up of a bus stand there?
Old 12th March 2016, 13:45   #11046
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babu.sundaram View Post
Making up of a bus stand there?
No way, I hope not and dread if it happens!!! That's on the up ramp from the KR Puram side.
Old 12th March 2016, 20:00   #11047
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xander View Post
Not sure of the first part of the route. From Bettadasapura till Bannerghata - Jigani road is a good 2 lane road all the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinjosep View Post
Do able in any car. The road condition is a mixed bag. Has quite a few potholes and nearly non-existent stretches coupled with recently relaid smooth roads. However, can be managed if you are not in a hurry. Also, suggest that you take a right further up in Neeladri road, since it has been recently relaid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
I concur with xander's comments. Watch out for speed-breakers, some are unmarked and can catch you by surprise. Once I'd started from Kudlu gate signal towards Bannerghatta road, but due to multiple diversions/road blocks/no-roads, ended up on the road from Hosa Rd signal towards Bettadasapura. Then, there was still a road while the Begur-Koppa road was dug up
Thanks for the inputs. Took this route on Saturday. Apart from the initial couple of km which is slightly patchy with sharp edges, rest of it was fantastic. As mentioned, it has been recently relaid and is wide and smooth. I had expected it to be a narrow congested road. Was surprised by how wide and smooth it was for most part.
Old 14th March 2016, 07:50   #11048
BHPian

Super jam alert: the road towards Marathahalli junction, right after the brand factory junction is being dug - at 750 AM! Heavy heavy jam on both sides as traffic taking a U turn at brand factory is blocking the other side! If you have to travel on this road, alternate roads or abandoning plans is highly recommended
chakri400 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 13:22   #11049
BHPian

Quote:
Looks to be one of the following (remember anything is possible in the Republic of Karnataka )
1) Beautification
2) Road Widening
3) Footpath widening. This look on the lines similar to what is done in and around MG road and Richmond Road. The only difference is that here there are next to zero pedestrians using the flyover to cross the bridge on foot.
4) A novel way to slow traffic with stray stones lying around
5) Coming up where buses can park with one wheel up on those stones to drop off passengers.
6) Pipe laying.
Old 15th March 2016, 08:42   #11050
Senior - BHPian

Driving home last evening at around 4:30pm was a real pain in the rear. A truck had turned turtle a little before the ITI gate, along the exit ramp of the Cable stayed bridge. Looks like the truck was heading towards Kolar and was stocked with corrugated paper or something.

Apparently the vehicles heading towards Tin Factory along the bridge created a whole lotta mess in-spite of the accident being on the other side of the road. Folks slowing down to get a glimpse of the over turned truck ended up bringing the traffic to a standstill.

As usual we had a fair share of cabbies making desperate u-turns and driving on the wrong side of the road trying to cross over towards ITI from the small gap in the median opposite the KR Puram Traffic police station.

While this whole fiasco is on, I see a BMTC bus on my left slowing taking a right. To my right is a TT and the median, led me to wonder where this dude was heading to ? I let the dude pass and here is what he did

I waited it out for 5 minutes and I pass the accident scene with the rest of the road all the way to Tin Factory literally empty.

Truly a scene where some fools decided to drive the wrong way and create more chaos.
rjstyles69 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 20:07   #11051
BHPian

Reports of Marathahalli being completely clogged. Any live updates?
Old 15th March 2016, 20:15   #11052
Senior - BHPian

Doddanekundi to Whitefield took 2 hours. Sigh!
Old 15th March 2016, 20:59   #11053
Senior - BHPian

My days of a pleasant commute by BMTC has now come to a stop as I changed work place. Now it is at ITPL. And I got a trial doze of the coming days, on the 2nd day. If I had been the Traffic Police Inspector at Whitefield I may have resigned today out of frustration. It started raining heavily (more like a cloud burst) at around 1630Hrs. I left office at around 1645 Hrs.
1. By then there was water logging at the junction between Whitefield Main Rd. and the road leading to Forum (Hope Farm Jn.?).
2. Escaped that relatively peacefully but there was another 'sea' to cross, around 1km before the Forum mall. On the other side of the road was a tree which got uprooted and fell right across the road snapping a few wires. A lone traffic constable was trying to get it removed.
3. Moved forward and around 50mts before Forum, so a BMTC bus which had gone too close to the pavement and the wheel had slipped into the loose mud. Due to all this that road was pretty much blocked. Mean while water logging was on the rise at the ITPL area, Hoodi etc. etc.
4. Got some messages that by now, Kundalahalli Jn. (especially the road towards Varthur Kodi) was now blocked. There also seems to be a major accident which happened at outer ring road. At Varthur Kodi again a lone traffic police man was trying his best to clear the traffic. But water logging again caused problems.
5. It was at around 1745Hrs that I managed to cross Varthur village and kind of get into a steady pace. By then got some messages that even Indira Nagar etc. was receiving heavy rain fall, trees have got uprooted etc.

Tomorrow I plan to do a wait and watch to see if I can get some prior information on water logging, road conditions etc. before starting.
Old 15th March 2016, 21:01   #11054
BHPian

Kadubeesanhalli underpass was flooded with water, traffic completely halted on ORR 0630 pm onwards, I somehow managed to cross it using service road. One rain and Bangalore is on its knees esp IT corridors. It takes effort to attain bottom ranking in urban infrastructure😳
Acharya is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th March 2016, 21:05   #11055
Team-BHP Support

Google Maps is a solid maroon from Bellandur till KR Puram intersection ORR.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks