Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd February 2016, 10:45   #10921
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
This past weekend, I noticed that the road is being widened in front of Esteem mall and the BBMP Hebbal Crematorium, just hope this work is done quickly, this has the potential of reducing some chaos at that junction since it will make the left lanes wider for traffic on the service lanes and also allow them to proceed straight instead of merging right with traffic coming down the flyover from the airport side. And the long pending pedestrian foot bridge at this place, together these developments can make this a better place, yes I do have hope
Its absolute mayhem post 9:00am. Even horrible as the day progresses and whenever I am getting down towards Esteem mall around 04:30PM, its a sea of vehicles stuck way beyond Esteem Mall wanting to get towards the city.

Interestingly, a majority of vehicles want to get towards the city and not take that left leading towards KR Puram. This is clearly evident when one witnesses the traffic.

I have less hopes even after this widening as BMTC, KSRTC and Private Buses along with Cabbies continue to take the extreme left lane all the way till they climb the Flyover and just then nudge the rest of the traffic. They are the biggest Jam creators here. Cops earlier had even places barricades that was at least 50 meters in length (along with the ribbons in between of-course) thinking these erring Buses and Cabbies will mind their way but nothing has changed at all. In fact, this has actually lengthened the flyover by 50 meters now .

It would be great if the Authorities actually create a Bus Shelter where they have widened the section and ensure a cop is stationed here all the times. Like they shifted the Mekhri Circle Bus Stop a few 100 meters ahead and are in total control of it today.

Of course, a Skywalk here is still a long way to go, at least a year or more and unless that is done, the crawl is going to remain.
Old 23rd February 2016, 22:09   #10922
Distinguished - BHPian

Won't this confuse people? Two boards saying "No U-Turn" and "No Right Turn". Now the third one kept by "Decathlon" says "U" turn. And its endorsed by Hulimavu traffic police as well. Decathlon should have kept this at the next Signal.

I have posted this in BTP facebook page today,
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20160223_095820optimized.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd February 2016, 22:50   #10923
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post

Won't this confuse people? Two boards saying "No U-Turn" and "No Right Turn". Now the third one kept by "Decathlon" says "U" turn. And its endorsed by Hulimavu traffic police as well. Decathlon should have kept this at the next Signal.

In my opinion, the Decathlon sign is just an information sign, and not a road sign. Something like the u-turns on highways that say 2km to the u-turn and subsequently, the restaurant or whatever.
Old 24th February 2016, 08:57   #10924
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanenanigans View Post
In my opinion, the Decathlon sign is just an information sign, and not a road sign. Something like the u-turns on highways that say 2km to the u-turn and subsequently, the restaurant or whatever.
Decathlon is around 4 Kms from this signal, So it really not going to help anyone. In fact they could have kept this in the "U" turn before this signal as the same crowd will be approaching this signal as well. So, no logic in this placement.

I just feel that this can confuse people who really want to take a "U" turn.
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 09:02   #10925
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Decathlon is around 4 Kms from this signal, So it really not going to help anyone. In fact they could have kept this in the "U" turn before this signal as the same crowd will be approaching this signal as well. So, no logic in this placement.

I just feel that this can confuse people who really want to take a "U" turn.
Yeap, misleading indeed and knowing our erring motorists who are at their defensive best when it comes to breaking and a law and arguing their righteousness, this one can be a tricky one!

Talk about so many illegal hoardings in Bangalore, you mostly notice a courteous mention to BTP for almost every advertise of yours.

It wont be far when we will notice ads trying to sell Mobile Phone Bluetooth Headsets with a "Don't talk on Phone while driving'!

Last edited by paragsachania : 24th February 2016 at 09:03.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 13:59   #10926
Team-BHP Support

One of Bangalore's two-wheeled divider jumpers seems to have met karma along ORR (near JP Morgan on the Marathahalli bound carriageway). Noticed a mangled bike & helmet on the divider and an Indica with a smashed up front plus a growing crowd causing the customary pile-up around 1.30 PM.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th February 2016 at 14:00.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 14:03   #10927
Distinguished - BHPian

Forget two wheelers, yesterday a college bus belonging to some college called East Point college jumped a stone divider near Graphite India. Its time to build 8ft parapet walls in place of dividers. People need to be taught the hard way.

Speaking about the accident above, I have no feelings towards the biker. Some more of such scenes are needed. People must learn the hard way in bangalore.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 14:27   #10928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-btp1.jpg
This board is removed now. I am really surprised by the quick response from BTP.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-btp2.jpg  

arun_josie is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 14:58   #10929
BHPian

That is really quick job from the Traffic Police (Or whoever removed the hoarding). Good Job Arun . Hopefully, some sense prevails. Though it is not illegal to advertise, as you rightly said, it should not confuse the public on what is correct and what is not. After I saw your post here, I noticed the sign board last evening. This should have been removed post 8 PM.
MSMILES is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 15:44   #10930
Senior - BHPian

Moderator's Note: This is a clean up and a request to all those posting on either this thread or on any other on the board. While letting know your disappointment or frustration is one thing posting hate messages and the kind of corrosive language as was being used will not be tolerated.

Please desist.

Last edited by Zappo : 25th February 2016 at 14:59.
Old 24th February 2016, 15:56   #10931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
One of Bangalore's two-wheeled divider jumpers seems to have met karma along ORR (near JP Morgan on the Marathahalli bound carriageway). Noticed a mangled bike & helmet on the divider and an Indica with a smashed up front plus a growing crowd causing the customary pile-up around 1.30 PM.
Well, this had to happen.

I always make sure to drive from the left while passing this area. I usually do this stretch on weekends when there is comparatively less traffic and the practice of riding across the divider is rampant.

Hope other bikers learn something from this incident.

As for me, I don't mind taking a long detour when I have to take a 'U' turn. Even if I am getting late for something. Hope, all T-BHPians and others also follow the same. Life is more precious than a few minutes of delay.
Old 24th February 2016, 16:33   #10932
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
....Its time to build 8ft parapet walls in place of dividers.....
Morons will find a way. There are plenty of spots along the ORR where it's impossible/difficult for ONE person to get a bike across the divider, for various reasons. They'll get their passenger or another like-minded moron waiting behind them to give them a hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Finally, it had to happen.......
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidzz View Post
......don't mind taking a long detour when I have to take a 'U' turn......
The spot of today's accident is barely a few hundred meters away from a legal U-turn in either direction.

From the spot of this accident till my workplace in Doddanekundi, I counted at least EIGHT separate spots where one or more two wheeler riders were indulging in suicidal acrobatics to jump dividers. Absolute morons, Darwin must be loving the economies of scale provided for his award-manufacturing facility!

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 24th February 2016 at 16:34.
Old 25th February 2016, 08:23   #10933
Senior - BHPian

Hopefully the need of suburban trains in Bangalore is considered in the railway budget

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/51125643.cms
Old 25th February 2016, 10:00   #10934
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
The spot of today's accident is barely a few hundred meters away from a legal U-turn in either direction.
I doubt the traffic density would've been so high to cause considerable delays at 1:30pm, for the taking either of the two signals hardly 500m away from the spot of the accident.

There's a deadlier spot near the Kadubeesanahalli underpass, vehicles, especially the cabs go pedal to metal while ascending, and there's a service road in the middle, leading right into the fast lane (if I may call it that). I find Kamikaze two-wheeler riders every day, trying this stunt, right in front of the Address hotel.

Last edited by Zappo : 25th February 2016 at 15:00. Reason: No more of your P word please. Stop this, now!
Old 26th February 2016, 08:05   #10935
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note: Please do not stereotype or run down any particular class of vehicle (including bikes). Keep the discussion calm & respectful.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks