Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2015, 11:24   #9436
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
The pedestrian bridge is coming. Had posted the invite to the 'Ground Breaking' Ceremony (October 1st) in this earlier post

I think it is being sponsored by ORRCA and the company reps have had a close say in the vendor selection, design and execution plans. So hope it does not take years to do.

OT: Hope they managed to find some place for the 'Ground breaking'. That whole service road area is anyway fully broken.
Now this explains officially why the ground is "officially" broken.

Also why are there two breaks in the divider under the Intel flyover ? One is used , the other one unusued. The only use is for some two wheelers who might find a gap in the pipes and quickly sneak in through that. I thought it was to ease traffic in and out of Intel but with the bigger neighbor Ecospace calling the shots looks like the second creation opposite to Intel gate may not become operational after all.
Old 6th October 2015, 11:42   #9437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Given that the opening below the bridge is too narrow for both railway tracks and road to pass, its very difficult to widen the two laned stretch.

If only the planners were a bit more smarter, what is now a horrible stretch to pass through would have been so much better.
The bottleneck can he removed even now, but the railway quarters on the left needs to go. I guess it's occupied as well.
There are 2 bottlenecks on that stretch, one is under the bridge and the other next to the railway quarters. Now the station entrance has been moved to 100 meters before the old one, but buses and hawkers still occupy the old exit/entrance.
The railway quarters if demolished and part of the parking lot used, the road can be widened and let vehicles move freely towards ITPL.
But there is always the stretch at the beginning of the bridge which is another jam any time regardless of how wide the road is.
Old 6th October 2015, 11:44   #9438
JD1
BHPian

Looks like starting Monday October 12, there will be a weeklong traffic drive to decongest Whitefield-
http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/49234463.cms

Quoting from news report-
Two inspectors with 20 traffic cops will be sent to the area in addition to the existing staff. Additional commissioner of police (traffic) and deputy commissioner of police (traffic) will supervise the weeklong operation being conducted in collaboration with civic and industry groups.
Old 6th October 2015, 11:57   #9439
BHPian

While stuck at Yemlur-Belandur lake road yesterday evening, I experienced amazing patience by all four wheeler drivers. Not a single car broke the lane and tried to overtake. No need to say anything about two wheeler riders

Last edited by Acharya : 6th October 2015 at 12:06.
Acharya is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 12:08   #9440
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD1 View Post
Two inspectors with 20 traffic cops will be sent to the area in addition to the existing staff. Additional commissioner of police (traffic) and deputy commissioner of police (traffic) will supervise the weeklong operation being conducted in collaboration with civic and industry groups.
I think it still does not take away the bigger problem at hand.

- Basically there are just 2 entry exit points for bulk of traffic to/from White field. viz ITPL main road and Old Airport road.
- And both these roads run into rough weather the moment they hit the entry/exit points. (KR Puram and Marathahalli).
- And add to it the fact that Whitefield is a big hub for both commercial and residential activities.
- The residential aspects add to it a big way. (Hospitals, Schools, Malls, Internal traffic etc).
- In my opinion, they some how need to enable at least two more entry exit points for Whitefield.
- When I say enable, I mean a well thought out plan to stabilize traffic not just in whitefield but also a thought to downstream repercussions/ripple effects
- Varathur road for example can be one enabler
- Another one can be a second gate way to ORR beyond KR Puram towards Hebbal directly starting at ITPL.

Well all these are easier said than done, but yes they do need to happen.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 12:13   #9441
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acharya View Post
While stuck at Yemlur-Belandur lake road yesterday evening, I experienced amazing patience by all four wheeler drivers. Not a single car broke the lane and tried to overtake. No need to say anything about two wheeler riders
Yes this is the highlight of this road - else it would become a living nightmare.
Even the dreaded Tempo Travellers stand in the lane and wait for their turn.
Old 6th October 2015, 12:33   #9442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
A pedestrian overbridge which can be quickly assembled and then installed over a weekend would make things much better.

For errant cabbies and the arrogant souls who with their "chalta hain attitude" can cause traffic blocks the administration can take a look at this

http://www.roadshark.com/tire-shredd...tire-shredder/

This will be a deterent for sure.
Oh, boy. This is quite the mouth watering prospect.

Imagine these spikes being activated when a signal turns red and all those who jump the signal will have their tyres shredded!

Also, placing the spikes along the correct direction of movement for traffic will ensure people who come against the one way will have their tyres punctured as well!

Can we crowd fund this and put it up(down, rather) across Bangalore?!

Also, Old Airport Road was jammed big time this morning. It was jammed even beyond Domlur! I had to snake through Indiranagar to reach relatively traffic free zones.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 6th October 2015 at 12:37.
ashwin.terminat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 12:46   #9443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashwin.terminat View Post

Can we crowd fund this and put it up(down, rather) across Bangalore?!
Something for the administrators to think about perhaps. And guess what we can have the TEAM-BHP letter pasted across it. Imagine the good-will it will generate from the rule abiding citizens.
Old 6th October 2015, 12:52   #9444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Something for the administrators to think about perhaps. And guess what we can have the TEAM-BHP letter pasted across it. Imagine the good-will it will generate from the rule abiding citizens.
Then again, even their pretty cars will get punctured! And then the whole VVIP battalion will be stopped and we will have to endure endless suffering.

But BTP really needs to consider this. I am 100% sure people will be infinitely more wary of jumping signal. At least two tyres will be shredded, you will lose a lot of time and a lot of money. Only drawback might be increased traffic snarls if a vehicle is "RoadSharked".

Then again, if this ever happens in front of my eyes, I will do this:
Name:  LOL.gif
Views: 818
Size:  1.15 MB
ashwin.terminat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 15:50   #9445
Distinguished - BHPian

Terrible traffic as per Google Maps (4 pm) around HAL / Old Airport Road. Please avoid. Assume PM & Merkel leaving via HAL itself and not KIAL!
Old 6th October 2015, 16:17   #9446
BHPian

As of 1615 hours on 6th October 2015, the traffic on ORR from Marathahalli towards Bellandur (in front of the Kadubisanahalli underpass) is moving very slow, just like yesterday.
Not sure if it is due to the changes at Intel Flyover or some bus breakdown, but the traffic is going very slow.

Thanks
Old 6th October 2015, 16:47   #9447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghuram.cg View Post
As of 1615 hours on 6th October 2015, the traffic on ORR from Marathahalli towards Bellandur (in front of the Kadubisanahalli underpass) is moving very slow, just like yesterday.
Not sure if it is due to the changes at Intel Flyover or some bus breakdown, but the traffic is going very slow.

Thanks
Same issue as last day - service road at Intel flyover..today they had dug up the service road from new horizon college till the left before flyover.
But it did move faster from new horizon college..and it took me 20 min compared to 50 min yesterday to cross the stretch from Croma store till Intel flyover..
But it will build up soon I guess..
Old 6th October 2015, 16:54   #9448
Senior - BHPian

Traffic crawling at Kadubeesanahalli towards Bellandur,don't know why. I'm in a Bmtc bus. Expect things to worsen towards evening.
Old 6th October 2015, 17:23   #9449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdp1975 View Post
Traffic crawling at Kadubeesanahalli towards Bellandur,don't know why. I'm in a Bmtc bus. Expect things to worsen towards evening.
Same situation as of yesterday. Not able to understand why this traffic chaos.
Old 6th October 2015, 17:39   #9450
Senior - BHPian

The traffic choke today was at Sakra hospital towards bellandur. Service road was choked and the left turn was almost blocked creating the holdup till Kadubesaanahalli. ORR was clear after that , some bottleneck at Ecospace.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks