Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th September 2009, 15:16   #931
BHPian

Every time i take my car out i really get frustrated with the way traffic is managed in Bangalore.

In Bangalore people responsible for Civic Administration/Traffic Management should step out & see the problems for themselves.

1. Bus stops just next to signals
2. Buses stopping right in the middle of the road
3. Buses stopping at start of the flyover, blocking the traffic behind.
4. Slow moving vehicles in all lanes with utter disregard for traffic rules.

Then these guys hire some expat consultants to give them ideas to improve traffic movement & pay them hefty consultancy fees.
Old 29th September 2009, 15:41   #932
Senior - BHPian

Today I was coming from Brigade road towards Dairy Circle. Near MICO gate a biker with his girlfriend (no air between them) is on the wrong side of the divider as there are too many people on the correct side. He was riding close to the divider. I went straight towards him and safely went past him enough to make him understand of what can happen if he does that again. I don't know whether he understood. Why don't people restrict their heroics to the bedroom only, and not the roads ?
Old 29th September 2009, 15:47   #933
Senior - BHPian

"Why don't people restrict their heroics to the bedroom only, and not the roads "

lolz thats a good one

Pervez sad part is there are loads of MORONS on the streets who dont like using their brains!

Sunday on my way towards devanhalli saw a "Indica" on the wrong side, he was on the right most lane and it was not a call center car... am sure he was born without brains but for his stupidness he might have put someone into trouble...

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Today I was coming from Brigade road towards Dairy Circle. Near MICO gate a biker with his girlfriend (no air between them) is on the wrong side of the divider as there are too many people on the correct side. He was riding close to the divider. I went straight towards him and safely went past him enough to make him understand of what can happen if he does that again. I don't know whether he understood. Why don't people restrict their heroics to the bedroom only, and not the roads ?
Old 29th September 2009, 16:47   #934
Senior - BHPian

Driving back to Bangalore on the Dhramapuri - Krishnagiri L&T highway, I am doing 90kmph and noticed a bike overtaking me on the right.

Not a problem, but I was on the fast track on my side of the road and the bike was on the OTHER SIDE OF THE DIVIDER!!!

I pity the poor souls who had to meet that dodo on bike!!!
Old 29th September 2009, 17:39   #935
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
"Why don't people restrict their heroics to the bedroom only, and not the roads "

lolz thats a good one

Pervez sad part is there are loads of MORONS on the streets who dont like using their brains!

Sunday on my way towards devanhalli saw a "Indica" on the wrong side, he was on the right most lane and it was not a call center car... am sure he was born without brains but for his stupidness he might have put someone into trouble...
I see this practice in the early mornings more. The roads are practically empty, but there are guys doing good speeds. Its just a matter of time when a sleepy driver notices a vehicle on the wrong side and swerves all over the road creating the worst. Whats more, these guys come with horns blaring and lights on.
Old 29th September 2009, 17:49   #936
MCR
BHPian

Its very common for people to cross over to the wrong side of the divider near MICO gate. The worst part is at 5.10 PM the MICO buses leave and as if that is not enough, the people end up on the wrong side of the divider on the Link road near Mico sports club. This is one horrible time to be driving on that road.
Old 29th September 2009, 17:51   #937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post
Today morning about 0920 hours on Old Madras Road. Coming from KR Puram side after the Big Bazaar signal there is another signal after that before you get to the NGEF road. This is an orphaned poor little signal. No one cares what it shows and all just drive through - Red, Amber, Green or any other color it can manage.

Since i am a new guy on this route, I STOP for red. Now when a Bolero stops everyone behind stops. Law of the Jungle.

That's it!! everyone goes hand on the horn button. I don't budge an inch. Whole lot of circus has started behind me. The guy right behind wants to reverse and get out from behind me. The guy behind him doesn't know what's happening.

Seeing me stop a couple of other folks with some self dignity stop too. Now this creates a bigger nuisance for the guy behind me as he is now totally blocked. He now opens the door stands with one leg outside and is probably shouting out to me and the guy next to me. Both of us dont look back. He steps out and the signal goes green we drive off. Didn't see him after that.
I will always remember this signal as I cross it each time I go for filling fuel from Shell on OMR. A month back, after filling up, I was happily on my way on my bike to office when I came across this signal and it was on Red. I was already on leftmost lane and I stopped. Behind me a bus, aleady speeding overtook some other vehicle on its left and here I was happily following traffic rules right in front of him now. No way is he gonna stop. I always have this habit of checking my RVMs on signals when I stop and boy, was I lucky that day. I jumped the signal and moved across to give him way. I was badly shaken really. Morons, really, guess the Bus driver was laughing all the way
Old 29th September 2009, 17:54   #938
Senior - BHPian

There is definitely a need for a Subject in school regarding traffic manners/discipline.
There would be some sense atleast in some educated minds. Atleast that is.
Students at a very early point of time should realise that knowning how to press an accelerator and manage a steering is not called driving alone. There are many more parameters.
Some top schools have 'Sex Education' for crying out loud. Why not this.I'm sure T-Bhpains would
be good tutors on this to their kids.

Last edited by prince_pervez : 29th September 2009 at 17:55.
Old 29th September 2009, 18:25   #939
Senior - BHPian

I think there should be seminars held in all offices/factories, which should be made compulsory. this way some % of people atleast can be educated.
Old 29th September 2009, 18:34   #940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
There is definitely a need for a Subject in school regarding traffic manners/discipline.
There would be some sense atleast in some educated minds. Atleast that is.
Students at a very early point of time should realise that knowning how to press an accelerator and manage a steering is not called driving alone. There are many more parameters.
Some top schools have 'Sex Education' for crying out loud. Why not this.I'm sure T-Bhpains would
be good tutors on this to their kids.
+1 to the school education part. But the Kids (drivers in coming 10 years) learn from what they see. They see people abusing traffic signals, driving on the wrong side, jay walking on the roads and not following any rules. What do we expect them to learn? The traffic rules? I dont think so.. The current traffic situation is just the tip of the iceberg. We are right now sitting on a bomb which is going to explode in few years. And I dread the day when I will be dead scred of going out of my house (not that I am not scared now) becuase there will be less than 20% chances of me getting back alive.

So what i do? I dont break any traffic signal. If I see a kid crossing the lane at any wrong place, I give them way by stopping completely(I scare the hell out of grown-ups), if I see kids on a lane not following the rules, i give them a small lesson (even if they curse me). I dont allow any kid to break a rule if i can do so (blocking the way if they are on the wrong side).
I will love to be a part of volunteers to educate kids about driving and the resposibilites associted with it.
Old 29th September 2009, 19:18   #941
BHPian

I have seen some morons doing wheelies on their bikes on the road connecting Forum to NGV in Koramangala.

I have seen them atleast twice in last one month. I was crossing the road with my son after parking my car and for a moment was scared imagining what can happen had the bike skidded. They risk not only their life but of other people as well.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:49   #942
BHPian

The Hindu : Karnataka / Bangalore News : Bike kills boy in front of horrified mother

A biker going in the wrong direction causing this Poor Biker who actually hit the kid for no fault of his own.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:57   #943
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajiv-Bang View Post
I have seen them atleast twice in last one month.
Ohh you need to check out BTM area in that case.
I have a friend who works with a Furniture showroom in BTM.
He says he sees atleast one incident of a wheelie pulled per day
in that area. Some of them are so spectacular that he wanted a
camera phone to capture the action.
Old 30th September 2009, 13:59   #944
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRRaj View Post
A biker going in the wrong direction causing this Poor Biker who actually hit the kid for no fault of his own.
What insanity!
With citizens like this biker (the one going down the one way on the wrong side), who needs enemies to the country?
Old 30th September 2009, 21:43   #945
Senior - BHPian

The other biker fled? Even if he wasn't at fault,why wasn't he stopped right there? People around the scene ought to have stopped him, so the case filed against the wrong-doer would only be supported in a stronger way!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks