Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th June 2015, 11:52   #8326
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I took the hanging bridge and Devasandra route
Can you please plot a route map from the hanging bridge point. I used this road once in a while till a point came where the road was dug.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 5th June 2015 at 11:53.
Old 5th June 2015, 12:07   #8327
BHPian

Today, the entire stretch from Silkboard to Sarjapur Junction had a standstill traffic and took me 1 hour just to reach Sun City Sarjapur.
So pretty pissed off with this, I encountered a bike who coming in wrong way. So i stopped and questioned him with these exact words "Boss you are coming in wrong way" and his response was "You should ride a bike and not a car, cars are causing traffic jams".

I was even more angry and laughing at the same time. What do we do with these kind of people?
chaith.turbo is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 12:20   #8328
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
Can you please plot a route map from the hanging bridge point. I used this road once in a while till a point came where the road was dug.
For a month or so during Jan-Feb this year, the Devasandra road was dug up for a culvert/small bridge so that could be the one you're referring to. It's now done and the road is usable. Here is a route map - basically you take the up ramp for the hanging bridge, get down and reach the KR Puram market signal. From here turn right (like a Y junction) and follow that road all way, you will see a Railway overbridge, take that and after you get down and drive about 0.5Km you get to Hoodi circle signal. Turn left here if you're headed towards ITPL or go straight if you need to go to the EPIP area.
Map Link

Last edited by NPV : 5th June 2015 at 12:21.
NPV is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 12:35   #8329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaith.turbo View Post
Today, the entire stretch from Silkboard to Sarjapur Junction had a standstill traffic and took me 1 hour just to reach Sun City Sarjapur.

I was even more angry and laughing at the same time. What do we do with these kind of people?
Today was a bit worse than normal. Usually I see the backup till the Agara flyover from iblur junction. Today it was backed up HSR flyover. There are no solutions for this problem unless the signal at iblur is removed and the split to sarjapur road is redesigned. Since any change is not happening anytime in our lifetimes, better grit and bear. Not that long ago, the backup started only around 9 AM. Nowadays it starts at 8 AM. Give it another year and it will start at 7 AM. More techparks in the stretch, more traffic.
As to arguing with morons who break rules for their convenience and making then understand, it is a fruitless venture. Your brain has to realize that you are making a mistake to accept it. As far as people breaking traffic rules in our country, they are not doing anything wrong. So the person pointing out their nonexistent mistake is a moron and deserves to be scoffed at.
I have realized that there is no point in getting worked up about all the bad driving that happen in our roads. It only reduces my lifespan. I just take it easy, do whatever right I can while driving and focus on getting to where I want to get. Put some happy music and drive ( I wanted to say enjoy the drive and realized that it is an oxymoron in India). Don't let morons in the road ruin your mood.
Old 5th June 2015, 13:26   #8330
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It's now done and the road is usable
That is good to know. Thank you.

I am familiar with this road. Stopped using it after they had dug it. I recall you mentioning this some time ago.

I found an alternate route during the phase Devasandra road was dug. Skip the right at the Y, head straight and take a U Turn where the median ends. This is also the point the express way starts. Then take the first left.
Old 5th June 2015, 13:42   #8331
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
How is the jam outside PSN these days ?
Wise to go via SAP Laps - Vydehi Junction - Big Bazaar route ?
Or wiser to take straight from Graphite India - Hoodi - PSN ?
Depends on your timings. If you plan to reach office before 8-8.30 in the morning, then take the Graphite India - Hoodi - PSN route. This route gets choked up after that till about 11.30-12 pm. You can use the same route for return irrespective of the time you leave.
satan's_valet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 13:44   #8332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post

I work in Block 3B, see that accenture office is functioning in Block 1A or B?. Are there more offices inside? That would be a lot of pain daily to endure.

They should plan an flyover that would branch off from bellandhur flyover and land directly into ecospace.

I work in building 11 in pritech and Accenture has an office in building 10 i guess. Yes its all the way inside and it surely is a pain everyday to get out of ecospace. Many of my colleagues are thinking of shifting jobs or work from home just because of this traffic mess
Old 5th June 2015, 14:05   #8333
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
Depends on your timings. If you plan to reach office before 8-8.30 in the morning, then take the Graphite India - Hoodi - PSN route. This route gets choked up after that till about 11.30-12 pm. You can use the same route for return irrespective of the time you leave.
Thanks to my project, I work in shift - 7 AM - 3 PM.
So will be pretty clear of the mess.
Old 5th June 2015, 14:12   #8334
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I found an alternate route during the phase Devasandra road was dug. Skip the right at the Y, head straight and take a U Turn where the median ends. This is also the point the express way starts. Then take the first left.
That I guess is the Battarahalli road and joins back at Devasandra road near Ayyappa nagar, but isn't that road almost non-existent after all the digging by BWSSB and others ?
During the Devasandra work, I just bit the bullet and took the KR Puram Railway station route. Also, since I used the 2 wheeler it was manageable.

Last edited by NPV : 5th June 2015 at 14:14.
Old 5th June 2015, 14:14   #8335
BHPian

A cement mixer broke down in front of Prestige Shantiniketan, Whitefield. Clicked this pic just now. Could see lot of traffic piling up behind it.
The truck on right side has broken down.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1433493310368.jpg
kp1992 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2015, 14:14   #8336
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Also, since I used the 1 wheeler it was manageable.
1 wheeler on Bangalore roads?!

You, Sir, deserve an award for bravery!

Either way, I have submitted an RTI to BBMP about the condition of roads in my locality. Depending on the response, we can probably take up the cause of Varthur Main Road as well, the rains have absolutely devastated the road.

Huge jam on Nallurahalli Main Road today. I know not why, but traffic was backed up all the way from Whitefield Police Station all the way to Varthur Main Road. Luckily, I had a 2 wheeler and was sticking to the left side of the road that was relatively empty. Took me all of 25 minutes to reach Whitefield Police Station from Varthur Main Road.

Last edited by ashwin.terminat : 5th June 2015 at 14:32.
Old 5th June 2015, 14:52   #8337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That I guess is the Battarahalli road and joins back at Devasandra road near Ayyappa nagar, but isn't that road almost non-existent after all the digging by BWSSB and others ?
I don't think so. This road also ends up at that Ayyappa joint you say. Runs through a residential colony and the road is quite narrow. Last used 3 weeks ago. Don't know if any change has taken place post that. On most days of the month, I am on my motorcycle too.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-devasandra.jpeg
Old 5th June 2015, 19:28   #8338
BHPian

Quote:
During the Devasandra work, I just bit the bullet and took the KR Puram Railway station route. Also, since I used the 2 wheeler it was manageable.
Quote:
I don't think so. This road also ends up at that Ayyappa joint you say. Runs through a residential colony and the road is quite narrow. Last used 3 weeks ago. Don't know if any change has taken place post that. On most days of the month, I am on my motorcycle too.
That is the Devasandra Main Road I guess.
Old 6th June 2015, 10:04   #8339
BHPian

The stretch of sarjapur road from iblur junction to Total Mall is getting worse every day. I have been driving on this stretch almost every day for the last 3 years and have seen it getting progressively worse every year. The last 2 days, it is jam packed even at noon..
The haralur road junction has become a major bottleneck with vehicles turning right into it from sarjapur road blocking the entire side of the road. (The indian way of turning where I will not stand in line to take a turn but rather make 2-3 rows trying to get ahead).
There is a U-Turn in front of trinity woods which causes another set of pileup as right turn from haralur road into sarjapur road is not allowed..
With more and more apartments getting built in haralur road, it can only get worse.. I usually see a backup at least half a kilometer on haralur road every morning trying to turn into sarjapur road.
Not that I expect any govt agency to solve the problem but I had to rant... May be a signal at haralur road junction will help..
Old 6th June 2015, 10:13   #8340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by etrast75 View Post
The haralur road junction has become a major bottleneck with vehicles turning right into it from sarjapur road blocking the entire side of the road.
I understand your frustration. Just wanted to add that around 12 years back, this entire area was nothing but barren land. There was a lake, and we (a group of bachelors) then decided to go for a small picnic. Sarjapur Road itself was not in a good condition. And the road to Haralur village was nothing but a dirt track. The only eatery on Sarjapur Road near this place was a shady bar (which still exists). We really thrashed the bones of a friend of ours who had suggested that we can catch an auto rickshaw and go to this lake .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks