Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd March 2015, 21:44   #7906
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Another topic that I wanted to highlight was the horrible condition of most of the medians all over the city.
Hence BBMP is converting such medians to,

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-3243004239_0a84143014_m.jpg

I remember when BBMP started this kind of dividers, there were protests, since people couldn't cross the road wherever they wanted and vehicles couldn't jump the divider.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2015, 08:52   #7907
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Hence BBMP is converting such medians to,

Attachment 1352886

I remember when BBMP started this kind of dividers, there were protests, since people couldn't cross the road wherever they wanted and vehicles couldn't jump the divider.
Yes. They have done this at many locations and now even the stretch from Baptist Hospital to Hebbal Flyover.

Sadly, they can never do this for certain roads like these as the roads are narrow and uncertain with width.

Bengaluru has learnt about high medians only over the last few years before which it was obsessed witb makeshift metal barricades!!
Old 24th March 2015, 09:10   #7908
Distinguished - BHPian

With most schools already shut or in exam mode coupled with the part completion of TenderSURE, traffic in CBD is relatively peaceful. Long live the summer holidays! :-)
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 07:54   #7909
BHPian

Yesterday afternoon, as usual I left my office in White Field at around 3:30 PM and took the Graphite India - Alpine Apartment Road to join the Ring Road.

When I reached the ISRO Junction it was around 3:50 I think. I was surprised to see a huge traffic jam near the ISRO U Turn Junction. There were nearly 25 New Horizon School Buses taking U Turn (coming from Marathahalli side) and then again trying to join the Service road toward the railway crossing.

I am seeing these school buses for the first time. The address of the school read as Marathahalli, Ring Road.

I wonder if this is going to be a problem once the school restarts. I can't leave office earlier than this

Regards
Old 25th March 2015, 09:06   #7910
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrda View Post
Yesterday afternoon, as usual I left my office in White Field at around 3:30 PM and took the Graphite India - Alpine Apartment Road to join the Ring Road.
At 3:30 PM, why do you take Alpine Eco to reach ORR > Marathalli (I guess you are going towards Marathalli, or is it KR Puram ?) ? Use the standard Graphite India > Kundanahalli > Marathalli route. Traffic at this time is relatively less and you can reach Marathalli from Whitefield in around 15 mins max. I work from 7 AM - 3:30 PM and use this road while returning to BTM.
Using Alpine Eco will only make you tired and cause more damage to your car.

Apologies, if you go towards KR Puram, then Alpine Eco makes sense for you.

In other news, Traffic Alert:

I should have posted this earlier, forgot. Posting now.

Direction: Agara > Bellandur

Issue: While coming from Agara side, after the bus stop (and speed breaker), the moment you take the left hand curve and hit the sarjapur signal, to go towards bellandur, STICK TO RIGHT MOST LANE.
The entire left lane (and more) is dug up at the signal and some stuff is going on.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 09:29   #7911
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Have been watching them since years. In fact, on ORR at certain locations we have heap of mud over which construction trucks pass over!
Not just for medians, even for road blockages they have come up with this 'heap of mud' solution. First I saw this near Ecospace - Bellandur flyover when the closed the service lane on the right using a truck load of sand / mud.

Last week they did the same for Kadubeesinahalli / JP Morgan junction by closing two service roads this way. Few days of confusion and I see one traffic policeman directing a JCB operator to remove the mud on Monday evening. Since it was during peak evening traffic I was not able to stop for taking picture. Today morning noticed that they have dug up the middle of the mud pile and pushed it to both sides of the service road. Hope it gets settles down before rain, else it will be a skid fest for bikers.

Waiting for weekend to take a picture and report a complaint to BTP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
The entire left lane (and more) is dug up at the signal and some stuff is going on.
Guess it will be that pipe work which was ongoing on service road near Bellandur Central.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2015, 09:39   #7912
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
At 3:30 PM, why do you take Alpine Eco to reach ORR > Marathalli (I guess you are going towards Marathalli, or is it KR Puram ?) ? Use the standard Graphite India > Kundanahalli > Marathalli route. Traffic at this time is relatively less and you can reach Marathalli from Whitefield in around 15 mins max. I work from 7 AM - 3:30 PM and use this road while returning to BTM.
Using Alpine Eco will only make you tired and cause more damage to your car.

Apologies, if you go towards KR Puram, then Alpine Eco makes sense for you.
I have not tried taking the Kundanahalli Gate - Marathahalli Bridge for a long time now. I think I will try this week.

I go towards Bannerghatta Road from Whitefield and you are right, the Graphite India-Alpine Road has destroyed front suspension of the Car. It rattles as if it would fall off any time now.
Old 25th March 2015, 09:57   #7913
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I have not tried taking the Kundanahalli Gate - Marathahalli Bridge for a long time now. I think I will try this week.

I go towards Bannerghatta Road from Whitefield and you are right, the Graphite India-Alpine Road has destroyed front suspension of the Car. It rattles as if it would fall off any time now.
Yaa, take the Kundanahalli stretch. Roads are super smooth and you cruise easily in 5th or 4th gear.
Hoping to spot you some or the other day, coz our timings and route match.
By the way, I drive a Green Beat, so give me a Hi-Five if you see me.
Old 25th March 2015, 09:59   #7914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Alpine Eco is a horrible route - bad roads, bad traffic, bad traffic manners. Unfortunately I have no option but to take this route as I live in Whitefield and commute to the Total Mall junction everyday.

My car has become a rattlecage of late. If you can avoid it, please do. I'd not recommend this route to anyone unless they are compelled to take it like me.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 25th March 2015 at 10:01.
Old 25th March 2015, 16:09   #7915
BHPian

Two trucks, broken down in front of Phoenix mall, Mahadevpura. Please consult maps and check traffic before taking this route
Old 25th March 2015, 19:21   #7916
BHPian

It looks like BTP are again upto something with the U-turn on Marathalli bridge. Today evening, I saw that the barricades that created a separate lane for the U-turn on the carriageway towards whitefield were removed.
Hopefully, better sense prevails and the U-Turn there is closed again permanently though given their track record this is unlikely!
Old 25th March 2015, 21:34   #7917
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
Hopefully, better sense prevails and the U-Turn there is closed again
I read on Facebook that the U-Turn was indeed being closed.

This U-Turn is a Pandora's box that has done nothing but wreak havoc at that junction. Moreover, the way the barricades are positioned, people who need to straight also end up using the lane created by the barricades.

And the combination of the separate lane and the bus stop at the side hasn't helped the situation one bit.
Old 26th March 2015, 08:14   #7918
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SR71-Blackbird View Post
It looks like BTP are again upto something with the U-turn on Marathalli bridge. Today evening, I saw that the barricades that created a separate lane for the U-turn on the carriageway towards whitefield were removed.
Hopefully, better sense prevails and the U-Turn there is closed again permanently though given their track record this is unlikely!
Yes, the stupid barricades have been removed last night.
This morning, traffic was a breeze at this location

I would say, put up a signal. One for traffic from Old Airport side, and one for traffic from Kundanahalli side. Keep one side open at a time for 2-3 minutes.
Let people from one side take left, right, straight whatever in those 2 minutes. In the effort to create a signal free junction, it is causing more chaos !!
Old 26th March 2015, 08:17   #7919
Senior - BHPian

Today is a good day for all Bangalore commuters for roads will be free of traffic in the morning and afternoons!
Old 26th March 2015, 08:21   #7920
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyBoi View Post
Today is a good day for all Bangalore commuters for roads will be free of traffic in the morning and afternoons!
Errr, I faced quite some traffic while coming to work at 7 am !!
Also, traffic depends on when India will bat

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks