Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st November 2014, 08:34   #7171
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by niranjanrvce View Post
I had the same question and got this clarified by one of those involved in the plan. The straight from Hoodi towards Kundanahalli will not be allowed. You can drive upto Keys hotel only. Beyond that, you can't go straight at the Graphite India signal. Hence the left too is blocked. Traffic from Kundanahalli side will always a free right towards Vydehi.
Can you clarify this point? What will happen if you drive beyond Keys hotel? If no straight or left is allowed, are we talking about a dead end on an arterial road.

Before implementing the plan, can the authorities do something about the badly dug up EPIP main road near Ginger hotel.Traffic is getting piled up badly there. I really don't know how are they allowing telecom companies to dig up main roads with such alacrity. This is the nth time this road is being targeted by telecom digging.

Mean while BBMP is busy minting money by allowing private advertisers take over vast areas of median land where power lines stand.

Last edited by poloman : 21st November 2014 at 08:37.
Old 21st November 2014, 09:54   #7172
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
How this is possible? Hoodi to Kundanahalli & Kundanahalli to Hoodi? The traffic comes from Kundanahalli 80% of them take right turn towards Vydehi hospital. Even the straight green was on the right turn vehicles jam all lanes. It never allows to go straight. Please explain

Exactly. I second your thought. Now there are much of the traffic will go straight and they wants U turn. What will be after that? All U turners will block all the lane for the people going straight. Do you think all U turning vehicle will be there at extreme right? There are many big buses go left and you can imagine the chaos when one big bus want to take U turn.

Left from Graphite India signal towards Vydehi should be allowed. It will never harm them. The best they can separate the left lane from going straight lane.

With all this chaos, I should take out my bike now to commute to office and back. I left using two wheeler long. I drive Safari and and stay between SAP Labs & Hoodi (Basvanna Nagar Road). There is no way I can use Safari for so many U turns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
This left was never a free left anyways during peak hours. It was allowed only when vehicles from hoodi side towards kundanahalli had a green signal. I am sorry but I don't see how disallowing this left is gonna make any change.

India is a rhd country. Lefts do not obstruct traffic at all.
Saw this in some one' facebook wall.
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1959636_10202362106928651_2519838613646963860_n.jpg

This will turn the Big Bazaar junction to a nightmare. I moved to the other side of ITPL (ECC road) to escape from the Graphite India signal :(

Last edited by pramodpk : 21st November 2014 at 09:58.
pramodpk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2014, 10:04   #7173
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILTDrive View Post
Many years ago, the two main roads in Malleshwaram (Margosa and Sampige) were made one way for ease of traffic. Imagine if this was not done then, how much chaotic it would have been today? I know both these roads cannot be compared to each other, but at least there is something being tried out and let us appreciate that.
Believe we are comparing apples and oranges.
Margosa and Sampige road had a lot of inter connecting cross roads due to which people had options of entry/exit at various cross streets. If you have to go from Margosa Road to Sampige Road or vice versa, you dont need to the entire stretch, instead, can take any of the available cross roads to reach the other side.
Just imagine here in whitefield, we dont have any cross roads.
I am sure the purpose of "vehicles going straight should not be hampered" will get defeated because of "U" turns.
Old 21st November 2014, 10:17   #7174
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Wow, Monday is going to be the D-day for whitefielders
Most previous posts discuss the changes at Graphite junction.

I wonder what changes are being proposed for the Hoodi junction itself ? Only disallowing a right turn from ITPL Main Road onto Hoodi village (road towards the Railway overbridge/Devasandra) ?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping no changes for Devasandra-Hoodi-ITPL route, maybe I should do a pilot drive tomorrow since all changes are effective 22 November
Old 21st November 2014, 11:06   #7175
BHPian

This is what one of my buddies shared from the Bangalore Traffic Police website. Has this gone into effect ?
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-temp.png  

Old 21st November 2014, 11:13   #7176
Senior - BHPian

This is not a rant.

I finally saw the legendary Python in action. Python is Bangalore's pot hole filling machine imported from Canada. It was filling a pot hole just after hoodi junction and towards ITPL at 7am yesterday morning. I was three buses behind when traffic was slowing down to negotiate Python standing in the middle of the road to fill a pot hole. It looked as if a space ship had landed with all the bright yellow led warning lights and the siren going away.
Old 21st November 2014, 11:33   #7177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Traffic from Kundanahalli side will always a free right towards Vydehi.
They wanted free flow from Kundanahalli towards Vydehi. That means they want free right at Graphite. This thread has plenty of options to avoid right turns - Reduce traffic jams by eliminating 'right turns' at signals

Instead, they have gone out of way (with plenty of work-arounds) to make free right at Graphite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmohan View Post
I finally saw the legendary Python in action. Python is Bangalore's pot hole filling machine imported from Canada.
Isn't this the machine BBMP Contractors sabotaged, so that their tenders are not affected?
Old 21st November 2014, 11:58   #7178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
Isn't this the machine BBMP Contractors sabotaged, so that their tenders are not affected?
Yupp. Was surprised to see it in action.

The machine was dealing with more than just a pot hole so instead of things being fully automated, there was chap on the ground spreading the asphalt. To me, it looks like they are on a mission to prove that it does not work.

Last edited by sandeepmohan : 21st November 2014 at 11:59.
Old 21st November 2014, 12:06   #7179
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... This thread has plenty of options to avoid right turns - Reduce traffic jams by eliminating 'right turns' at signals

Instead, they have gone out of way (with plenty of work-arounds) to make free right at Graphite.
This is their way of "thinking out of the box", let's wait and see . I'm sure Monday will be horrible since most people on the roads would be taken by surprise because of the changes, so I will give it till Wednesday or Thursday to evaluate these new changes.
Old 21st November 2014, 12:07   #7180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by poloman View Post
Can you clarify this point? What will happen if you drive beyond Keys hotel? If no straight or left is allowed, are we talking about a dead end on an arterial road.
Indeed it will be a dead end - one needs to take an U-turn or Right turn just before Keys hotel, no option of going further. B'lore will be the first city where a divided 4 lane road goes to a dead end!

Quote:
Any such exercise, like the ones in the thread you mentioned, work when the entire corridor becomes signal free with these diversions. The fine folks at BTP have completely ignored that point and come up with this hare-brained idea. Here, we have two already jammed up signals in Hoodi and Big Bazaar which will have 3-4 times the usual traffic density from Monday onwards. The ripple effects will be felt at KR Puram and Kundanahalli too.
Old 21st November 2014, 12:12   #7181
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
Wow, Monday is going to be the D-day for whitefielders
Most previous posts discuss the changes at Graphite junction.

I wonder what changes are being proposed for the Hoodi junction itself ? Only disallowing a right turn from ITPL Main Road onto Hoodi village (road towards the Railway overbridge/Devasandra) ?

I'm keeping my fingers crossed and hoping no changes for Devasandra-Hoodi-ITPL route, maybe I should do a pilot drive tomorrow since all changes are effective 22 November
+1 to that. Hoodi is a nightmare as it is. With the pothole filled roads and trucks blocking a lane, I don't want to imagine my commute on Monday.

I was under the impression that the whole Hoodi - Graphite India - Big Bazaar triangle will become one way. But I am not sure how this new plan will ease up traffic. It may reduce traffic pileup at Graphite India, but will definitely increase the pileup at Hoodi.
Old 21st November 2014, 12:36   #7182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Indeed it will be a dead end - one needs to take an U-turn or Right turn just before Keys hotel, no option of going further. B'lore will be the first city where a divided 4 lane road goes to a dead end!

One more 'first' in Bangalore after signal on a flyover.
I like the concept of C turns.But the irony is when general public are not allowed right turns, endless number of cabs and buses big companies like SAP are allowed free right by blocking traffic in both directions for hours. Why can't these buses go can take C turn near Ginger hotel?
Old 21st November 2014, 13:04   #7183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satan's_valet View Post
+1 to that. Hoodi is a nightmare as it is. With the pothole filled roads and trucks blocking a lane, I don't want to imagine my commute on Monday.

I was under the impression that the whole Hoodi - Graphite India - Big Bazaar triangle will become one way. But I am not sure how this new plan will ease up traffic. It may reduce traffic pileup at Graphite India, but will definitely increase the pileup at Hoodi.
As a result of these traffic restrictions, i feel more than easing the traffic, we are passing the buck from one point to the other.
Graphite India may be relatively free after this but Bi Bazzar and Hoodi will face the brunt.
Old 21st November 2014, 15:12   #7184
BHPian

I am not sure if the plan is to make our lives more miserable on the roads. So someone going from AECS Layout to SAP (a lot of people do) will need to go to Hoodi - I am betting my bottom dollars on this that Hoodi jucntion will go crazy now.

Almost 90% if the vehicles take that right and now they won't be allowed to do so. The fallout from this will be felt at Hoodi & ITPL junctions which are already choked

What about the public transport vehicles and cabs? Will they be following the same thing?

PS: I do not take that right, I am rather well off with the change, but the pain it will cause to the general public is really bad. Rather than trying to find concrete solutions we are fiddling with such bad ideas. I seriously hope I am incorrect and the plan works - I am just unable to forsee how it will actually materialize.

Last edited by pratyush6 : 21st November 2014 at 15:15.
Old 21st November 2014, 15:52   #7185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
I am not sure if the plan is to make our lives more miserable on the roads. So someone going from AECS Layout to SAP (a lot of people do) will need to go to Hoodi - I am betting my bottom dollars on this that Hoodi jucntion will go crazy now.
Traffic flowing from Kundalahalli, AECS side to EPIP will have a free right turn at Graphite India. No need to go to Hoodi. The traffic coming from Hoodi side won't be allowed to take left or go straight at Graphite India towards Kundalahalli.

Meanwhile everyone at my office today are discussing only about this diversion topic rather than working .

Last edited by guyfrmblr : 21st November 2014 at 15:55.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks