Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th November 2014, 09:25   #7021
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dass View Post
Though I tend to agree to this statement of yours, isn't it true for every part of the country and not just in Bangalore? I mean, tell me a place in India, where you cannot get your way with Money and Right contact? There would be hardly any such places.
In some states there would be opposition from rival political parties, social organisations, or various other political outfits. So for people having money and contacts it is not a very easy game. They may win the game, but it would not be a "walk over" like in Bangalore .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV
An incident near Hoodi, last evening:
This is not a road-rage incident, most likely. Seems to be a murder, most likely due to a woman. Police have already got some clues. It is in an issue if the murder was committed right there on the road. But I don't think that has happened here.
Old 7th November 2014, 09:56   #7022
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
An incident near Hoodi, last evening:
Source:Times of India, Bangalore - 6 Nov 2014
Link to full article
Our roads are becoming scarier by the day
Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
This is not a road-rage incident, most likely. Seems to be a murder, most likely due to a woman. Police have already got some clues. It is in an issue if the murder was committed right there on the road. But I don't think that has happened here.
Definitely NOT a road rage. Murder indeed. But scary and sad.

More details evolving, here: http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga.../45062996.cms?
Old 7th November 2014, 10:33   #7023
Senior - BHPian

On the murder front, it could be "murder for gain" as well. Bangalore Mirror reports that the car has got stolen. I did not know that part, and concluded that the next possible reason would be a woman (crime - it is either for wealth or woman; goes an old proverb).
Old 7th November 2014, 11:47   #7024
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachinpk View Post
In some states there would be opposition from rival political parties, social organisations, or various other political outfits. So for people having money and contacts it is not a very easy game. They may win the game, but it would not be a "walk over" like in Bangalore .
Guess we can agree to disagree on this one mate. Peace out!!
dass is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th November 2014, 14:08   #7025
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post

.........the road has turned into 1.5 width.........
That road was a traffic nightmare as it is. It was barely wide enough to accommodate two sanely driven cars side-by-side. After a few horrific jam experiences, I started refusing to board my office cab (the days when I took it) if I was clubbed with someone in that area during pickup.

P.S. Don't you live in the vicinity (near CCD if I remember right from a previous conversation)?
Old 7th November 2014, 14:41   #7026
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
That road was a traffic nightmare as it is. It was barely wide enough to accommodate two sanely driven cars side-by-side. After a few horrific jam experiences, I started refusing to board my office cab (the days when I took it) if I was clubbed with someone in that area during pickup.
P.S. Don't you live in the vicinity (near CCD if I remember right from a previous conversation)?
Yup, I live near CCD on that road and that is why I am ranting about the future nightmare that will haunt me till I stay there.

It would be utter chaotic going forward. If a bus stops, or a car breaks down, then one can die and be re-born before the jam can be cleared.

Old 10th November 2014, 14:57   #7027
BHPian

Couldnt the traffic block at Bellandur flyover - Ecospace be brought down with a foot over bridge for the pedestrians? I pass thru this (in the opposite direction during morning, towards silk board). I can see vehicles stopped from Ecosapce till about the Sarjapur rd junction. I assume the vehicles are stopped for the folks to cross over? The rest of the stretch (atleast till JP morgan, from where I start) is relatively free.
Old 10th November 2014, 15:18   #7028
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Couldnt the traffic block at Bellandur flyover - Ecospace be brought down with a foot over bridge for the pedestrians? I pass thru this (in the opposite direction during morning, towards silk board). I can see vehicles stopped from Ecosapce till about the Sarjapur rd junction. I assume the vehicles are stopped for the folks to cross over? The rest of the stretch (atleast till JP morgan, from where I start) is relatively free.
They have the money to put up a billboard frame in the exact spot you mention, but who cares for petty stuff like traffic snarls and pedestrian lives (including the said parties themselves, given how everyone drives/jaywalks on that stretch)?
Old 10th November 2014, 15:20   #7029
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenmz View Post
Its not just because of that. There are vehicles slowing down to drop, BMTC buses stopping and also vehicles from left going to right to take the road between the flyover and vehicles from under the flyover wanting to go to left etc. :( They should have had the flyovers joined and allow exit from left only, but then they should have had common sense.
Old 10th November 2014, 15:25   #7030
BHPian

I left today at 11:30 pm from hsr layout to beat the monday morning traffic, I was in for a big surprise, there was a pile up all the way from the agara till the junction opposite vridavan tech village.

Took me an hour to reach my office in ecospace.
Old 10th November 2014, 15:31   #7031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
I left today at 11:30 pm from hsr layout to beat the monday morning traffic, I was in for a big surprise, there was a pile up all the way from the agara till the junction opposite vridavan tech village.

Thats the block I mentioned in the previous post.
I passed thru at 9 AM, and the traffic was piling up from Ecospace.
Old 10th November 2014, 17:06   #7032
BHPian

Quote:

I guess you meant 11.30 AM.

Anyway, I have realized that the only way I can avoid getting stuck in traffic in Bangalore is by reaching office before 8.30 AM. Since I commute 25 km one way I need to leave home by 7.30 AM!

Evenings are a different story! I cannot leave before 5 even though I come early in the morning! So to avoid traffic, I need to leave after 8.30 PM, which means I reach home only by 9.30 PM!

There goes my personal and social lives out of the window!
Old 10th November 2014, 17:17   #7033
BHPian

Quote:
From what I have observed, the snarl in the Agara-Iblur-Ecospace stretch is due to the following:
1. Tussle between vehicles to get into the Iblur service road.
2. Speed breaker at Iblur bus stop, causing crawling speed. (Remember "A herd of buffalo can only move as fast as the slowest buffalo")
3. BMTC bus stop at Iblur, merging of service road, lane changing causing havoc here.
4. Sarjapur road junction signal, BMTC bus stop.
5. Bus stop at Bellandur flyover. The road narrows here too.
6. Pedestrian crossing at Ecospace.
7. Bad traffic management below Intel flyover. Vehicle go in all directions in all permutations. A bad snarl here has its effect till Agara!

Apart from this, there will be a random breakdown of bus/truck or an accident. This happens almost every day!

Also adding to the list, the pathetic state of service roads.

When in doubt, its worth to check Google Traffic status and its pretty accurate.
This is my permanent bookmark:
http://goo.gl/maps/1Cf0J
Old 10th November 2014, 17:18   #7034
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
I guess you meant 11.30 AM.

Anyway, I have realized that the only way I can avoid getting stuck in traffic in Bangalore is by reaching office before 8.30 AM. Since I commute 25 km one way I need to leave home by 7.30 AM!

Evenings are a different story! I cannot leave before 5 even though I come early in the morning! So to avoid traffic, I need to leave after 8.30 PM, which means I reach home only by 9.30 PM!

There goes my personal and social lives out of the window!
that was a big slip.

Two simple ways to cut down time spent in traffic:
1.) Wake up fresh in the morning, work for 2-3 hours from home, leave to office by 11:30-12pm, I find the morning hours very productive for me, this isn't the case when I drive to office early morning, I get stressed out driving through traffic. Evening no matter what time I leave post 5 pm, I get stuck, can't really help. The vehicle density is just too much in this city.

2.) Buy an automatic, my stress levels have come down automatically. Buy a low powered car, there is nothing I can do but wait wait for ages for the speed to build up , no thoughts of over talking also.

Last edited by Mr_Bean : 10th November 2014 at 17:19.
Mr_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th November 2014, 05:40   #7035
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Two simple ways to cut down time spent in traffic:
IMHO, the best option is to stay as close to the office as possible. i agree its not always the easiest option, but in the long run, this is the one which has the least detrimental effect on your family time, as well as peace of mind while on the roads.
benbsb29 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks