Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2014, 00:23   #6436
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Most of the reasons for not using the Subway is absolutely right.
They are two parts, 1. Fear for safety & hygiene 2. Laziness

If it is a skywalk/foot over bridge, the nuisance of urinating, spitting would be reduced a lot. And it is safer than a subway.

So where ever possible, barricade the median and have skywalk. Seems a better choice for safety of all.
Old 14th August 2014, 09:54   #6437
BHPian

There is one Tata Vista cab, driven by a maniac, rear ended one Punto at Bellandur (toward Marthahalli) around 15 mins back. Likely to be a traffic jam. The cab driver was in real hurry - honking and zooming at 70+ and I knew there would be a crash. And it happened, just before the flyover at the bus stop. I was just parallel and few cars behind to the cab and the crash was loud, but no major damage.

Last edited by bejoy : 14th August 2014 at 09:57.
Old 15th August 2014, 18:06   #6438
Distinguished - BHPian

Every festival or occasion in India throws up its own surprises on the roads. Today towards a signal in the city centre it was sale of flags. Usually I do a hand wave or a nod to politely decline their sale offering, but this person dug his heels in and wanted to make a transaction happen. His pitch went like this "lelo Independence pe lelo", and then came a sort of sales push that irked me a little and I quote "aap Indian nahi hain? lelo na deswasi hain toh" (if you're Indian you should buy).

I lowered the window a little and said hun, toh mere mathe pe bhi jhande chhap dun? (If I am should I put it on my forehead as well?). He moved ahead muttering a few words under his breath. Jokes apart, being Indian means to celebrate democracy and peace everyday and not just today. Democracy gives citizens great power and neither should it be misused by us nor curbed by any Government. The rickshaw's can carry their 4'x2' flags all they want but I doubt they'll stop double charging or tweaking their meters (sorry couldn't help that one).

Happy Independence Day to everyone.
Old 18th August 2014, 15:31   #6439
BHPian

Had a close call today, not like it’s the first time, this is a regular occurrence, but I thought I need to vent this one out this time!

Why is it so hard for cars, bikes, vans, any vehicle to stop at a junction before joining a road?

Coming down haralur road today when a cab just joins the main road without looking or even slowing down the slightest! Couldnt swerve into oncoming traffic, had to be careful to stop without the guy hitting me behind and missing the fool who joined the road.

After horning and gesturing to bring his stupidity an utter disregard for others safety on the road to his notice, it was met with an evil stare! Like I should have stopped dead and given him way because I’m on the main road with streaming traffic at reasonably quick speeds cause his highness “THE CAB” has the right of way? Where do these people buy their licence from seriously!

The other morons are the bikes that join the road, again without looking, and stay on the wrong side till they find a gap in oncoming traffic to cut in! Saved their precious 30 seconds and made life hazardous for many more!
KevinP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2014, 16:59   #6440
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post
Had a close call today, not like it’s the first time, this is a regular occurrence, but I thought I need to vent this one out this time!

Why is it so hard for cars, bikes, vans, any vehicle to stop at a junction before joining a road?

Coming down haralur road today when a cab just joins the main road without looking or even slowing down the slightest! Couldnt swerve into oncoming traffic, had to be careful to stop without the guy hitting me behind and missing the fool who joined the road.

After horning and gesturing to bring his stupidity an utter disregard for others safety on the road to his notice, it was met with an evil stare! Like I should have stopped dead and given him way because I’m on the main road with streaming traffic at reasonably quick speeds cause his highness “THE CAB” has the right of way? Where do these people buy their licence from seriously!

The other morons are the bikes that join the road, again without looking, and stay on the wrong side till they find a gap in oncoming traffic to cut in! Saved their precious 30 seconds and made life hazardous for many more!
Agree with you Kevin..I come across this situation almost everyday on my way to office. I have seen many bikers as well as cars do this, without even having a sense of traffic rules or how it has to be maintained. On mysore road, near RR Nagar Arch mall almost all type of buses(especially KSRTC) overtake from left side without noticing how small or big the vehicle next to them, which is very dangerous at least for bikers who are on the right lane.

Bangalore traffic is horrible mainly due to these kind of drivers, IMO it will be alright only when everybody follow the rules and stick to basic disciplines.
Old 18th August 2014, 17:45   #6441
Senior - BHPian

Once I had a two wheeler guy with a school kid standing in front on a scooter join the road suddenly in front of me. I got next to him and asked him if he could be careful.

In turn he tells me that I was wrong and how I could not drive properly even after having a very good car
Old 18th August 2014, 20:05   #6442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinP View Post

Add to that cars/trucks/2 wheelers/autos wanting to take a left turn when there is no left turn at this junction. A traffic signal is badly needed at this junction but they won't put it as it is very close to the SJP junction signal.
Old 19th August 2014, 07:33   #6443
BHPian

The infamous affair between Bellandur flyover and cabs continue. Saw a badly smashed (front) Indica some 45 minutes ago. Must have happened minutes before I crossed that spot. Only this time, the flyover doesn't seem to be the culprit 'cause the Indica was on the wrong side of the road facing oncoming traffic (not sure if driver took the service lane on the wrong side or hit and jumped the divider from the other side). There was also a Qualis standing next to it but I couldn't make out if it was a head-on with Indica or just parked for offering help. Too crowded to make out anything. We may get to hear from other BHPians soon.
Old 19th August 2014, 07:49   #6444
Senior - BHPian

Traffic Alert::

Another crashed Indica at the foot of Intel Flyover. Traffic build up is fast. I passed around 7:20 and onlookers were building up.
Old 19th August 2014, 09:10   #6445
BHPian

Huh? I passed there at 8 AM with sign of the indica whatsoever? Or did I miss it? There was slight build up of traffic, but i blamed it on two two trucks hugging the fast lane and going very slowly.
Old 22nd August 2014, 06:00   #6446
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

On the Old Madras Road - KR Puram route I have noticed this trend consistently, not concluding as a pattern yet
Traffic on Thursday mornings around 7:45am is significantly higher compared to other weekdays and traffic cops are already stationed at various points near Tin Factory junction, KR Puram, etc. Anyone else notice this ?

Last edited by NPV : 22nd August 2014 at 06:02.
Old 22nd August 2014, 08:06   #6447
Senior - BHPian

After all the rants, some token of appreciation:

God bless the soul who took the real time responsibility and tarred the Graphite India Junction !!
I used to feel like going through an earthquake !! Now it feels more like driving on earth.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2014, 11:31   #6448
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
After all the rants, some token of appreciation:

God bless the soul who took the real time responsibility and tarred the Graphite India Junction !!
I used to feel like going through an earthquake !! Now it feels more like driving on earth.
On similar lines, I hope the govt relay the main road from Hoody to ITPL. It's a nightmare travelling on this stretch
Old 22nd August 2014, 11:51   #6449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
On similar lines, I hope the govt relay the main road from Hoody to ITPL. It's a nightmare travelling on this stretch
A classic example of a 2 lane carriage way converted to 1.5 lanes by digging the road shoulders and then another .5 is eaten up by illegal parking leaving the bikers/cars/buses/trucks/pesky 3 wheelers'/bicycles et all use the remaining 1 lane.

Heck I cant believe this is the same road leading to ITPL and a few other tech parks where some of the top companies in the world operate from .
Old 22nd August 2014, 12:00   #6450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs View Post
The entire stretch from Hope Farm junction to KR Puram has to be relaid. This stretch is completely ruined by repeated digging by different agencies.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks