Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2014, 14:54   #5926
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Aren't these two statements contradictory? I would keep quiet and have the violators pay a fine, rather than warn them, let them escape, and violate the law again tomorrow.

Hey, but it's just me.
I'd be ashamed if anyone who is active or even reads TBHP and still drives on the wrong side of the road.

Agree on the contradictory bit here. That's why the 'plea' to keep a cop there permanently.
Old 7th May 2014, 17:26   #5927
Senior - BHPian

Broken truck on Bellandur flyover towards Sarjapur. Expect heavy jams.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1399463805450.jpg  

Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 19:02   #5928
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Leave the fact that it is overloaden, when will they start driving on left lane. Huge traffic block till JP Morgan and increasing. And it looks like it is about to rain.
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th May 2014, 22:27   #5929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Huge traffic block till JP Morgan and increasing. And it looks like it is about to rain.
And what a painful drive it was!
1:30 hr from JP Morgan to HSR layout. Last few days commute has been terrible - seriously thinking of opting for company transport. :banghead:
Old 7th May 2014, 22:37   #5930
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aajohn View Post
And what a painful drive it was!
1:30 hr from JP Morgan to HSR layout. Last few days commute has been terrible - seriously thinking of opting for company transport. :banghead:
What time did you leave? I left ecospace at 5:25 pm, by that time there was a huge pile up of cars inside ecospace, gave me enough indication that something was wrong.

I reached HSR layout at 5:50.
Old 7th May 2014, 22:49   #5931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
What time did you leave? .
Left office (next to itpl) at 6. Reached JP Morgan by 6:30.
Old 8th May 2014, 08:19   #5932
Senior - BHPian

ORR Road Update:

Last night's downpour has created a huge pool of water just at the beginning of Intel flyover, towards Marathalli.
This has caused only one lane free, leading upto the flyover. All vehicles, in an effort to negotiate this water pool are sticking to this right lane.

Expect super heavy jams in a while.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-untitled.jpg
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th May 2014, 09:10   #5933
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I left ITPL by the 7:10 PM bus. Reached Silkboard by 8:45 PM. Dozed off in the bus. When i woke up, massive traffic jam right from the marathahalli under pass onwards till the sarjapur flyover. After that free flowing traffic.
Old 8th May 2014, 11:54   #5934
BHPian

Quote:
ORR Road Update:

Last night's downpour has created a huge pool of water just at the beginning of Intel flyover, towards Marathalli.
This has caused only one lane free, leading upto the flyover. All vehicles, in an effort to negotiate this water pool are sticking to this right lane.

Expect super heavy jams in a while.

Attachment 1238333
Drove past the flyover at 11:30, thankfully no jams. Smooth ride all the way to office, good fuel efficiency for my automatic

I think the cool weather has a calming effect on us, over the past 2 days I haven't many rash drivers on the road or a kind of urgency shown by vehicles to reach their destination.
Old 8th May 2014, 13:13   #5935
BHPian

Left office late night day before yesterday. Saw vehicles jumping the red traffic light (junction opposite to Trident Hyundai and Renault showroom while coming from Doddanekundi junction). Almost all the vehicles jumped the traffic light.

I waited there for complete 2 minutes till the light turned green and then moved forward.

What really irritates is the fact that other vehicles kept honking from behind to leave space for them when the signal was red. Some even stared as though I committed a big crime by following the traffic rules.

Is there any way to report such incidents? I already reported this incident using BTP's Android app.
Old 8th May 2014, 13:34   #5936
BHPian

Yes I have also undergone this ridiculous stare treatment waiting in an unmanned signal. Can't help those Morons.
Old 8th May 2014, 13:36   #5937
Senior - BHPian

Bangalore seems to be the only city in the country, where trucks (VERY VERY VERY OLD) are allowed to ply within the city even during peak hours. I have been using the company transport over the last few weeks and get time to observe these things more than while I was driving. I wonder why the authorities turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to this snail on the road.

Off late, I have also been noticing that the frequency of the BMTC volvo busses breaking down has increased, I see one everyday between Manyata and Marathalli.

Several posts on the BTP app and all I get is a standard response.
Old 8th May 2014, 16:52   #5938
BHPian

The Volvo buses breakdown coz the drivers just don't ply them. They abuse them to the core.
Old 8th May 2014, 17:51   #5939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eethanhunt View Post
The Volvo buses breakdown coz the drivers just don't ply them. They abuse them to the core.
Bangalore's super awesome roads help to a big extent too!
Yesterday I was traveling in a volvo bus (335E towards KBS).

The stretch of old airport road (actually a series of huge and small potholes) between yamalur and HAL airport was empty and the driver was letting it rip!

I travel everyday on the same route in my bike or car and with anything above 30 kmph
the ride becomes bone shattering!
But the bus was doing more than 50kmph and the suspension was making a huge racket by screeching and screaming, but the ride quality inside was quite smooth!

BTW, I too noted 3 broken down volvos yesterday on the 335e route between whitefield
and richmond circle!
I have seen that the volvos plying in the city have a pretty good diagnostic system that even reports tyre pressures, but I think the BMTC staff do not care to use it. If you peep and take a look at the MID beind the steering you can see messages like "Check brakes at next stop" etc.
Old 8th May 2014, 20:35   #5940
BHPian

Do you really think they see the dash. Half the time I see them on their cell phones and the other half of the time trying to squeeze between vehicles and intimidate them. Just tried of their antics on the road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks