Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:09   #5881
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
Most truck drivers have a fetish for driving on the right-most lane all the time. A slight delay in judgement would've caused this accident. On highways, the flyover goes straight, and the exits open up on the outer sides, unlike the case here. By the time the driver realized that he had to move to the inner lane to take the flyover, it hit the median - quite possible, IMO.
Are there any suitable reflectors along the median that can caution drivers especially at night. Or is this only due to over speeding??
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:11   #5882
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
Why climb up stairs and then climb down too, when you can dash across the road?
These skywalks will have elevators:

http://www.thehindu.com/news/cities/...cle5938320.ece
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:17   #5883
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
We Indians love short cuts. Why climb up stairs and then climb down too, when you can dash across the road? If a vehicle hits you, it's anyway vehicle's fault and you get money (if you survive, that is).
This is more of a YOU TRY TO HIT ME, I TRY TO ESCAPE IN THE NICK OF TIME. Whomsoever is driving will be doubly cautious to avoid hitting someone else he will have to face the music.
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:29   #5884
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Sigh!!!

Similar accident, same place, same time, only it is a truck - outside the intel flyover. Expect big delays due to the rubberneckers

Attachment 1233539
BTW, just noticed the driver took the pic! Driving and using phone?
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:45   #5885
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by akshay380 View Post
BTW, just noticed the driver took the pic! Driving and using phone?
Sorry to spoil your fun, from my dashcam
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 09:55   #5886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
- If you see; most ORR flyovers begin much after the designated bus stops.
- But this one does not. Here you can see buses stopping right at the entrance of the flyover, thus giving small space for the rest of the traffic to pass through.
- Hence anyone trying speed past gets subjected to this peril.
- And since the likelihood of a jam is also high around this sector, people just want to speed past to avoid it.
- Thanks to that instant the probabilities of a hit increase even more.
May be, but all these accidents happened early in the morning (could be between 3 to 6 AM). Hardly any jams that time. Case of dozing off or drivers who are not familiar with this spot and ends up on the railing when cabs cut them to enter the road next to railing.

But one thing is sure. It's too short a distance between the Bellandur flyover and this one. I think overspeeding vehicles don't expect this flyover after flyover in the space of few meters.
Old 23rd April 2014, 10:03   #5887
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Despite the previous incidents, they haven't bothered to put a reflector on there yet. Are the authorities waiting to see how many more they catch off-guard before doing something about it?
I think they ran out of paint while marking the lanes. The other side has the markings and the Bellandur flyover entry also has it.

It was a high speed crash in the early morning. Most probably because of the missing lane markings especially since the previous flyover was clearly marked. Drivers tend to get lost when the reflective markings suddenly disappear.
Old 23rd April 2014, 17:09   #5888
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbelAFC View Post
There's a skywalk being constructed outside Christ University.
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
From BTP page:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-10308755_660037330728644_8917655412356302819_n.jpg
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 17:23   #5889
BHPian

There are lot of stones (cement blocks) near the medians on the ORR between Marathahalli and Iblur junction. These have been there for quite some time.

I guess cops\BBMP do not bother much about human safety. Dont know if they get a kickback from the auto-dealers for all the parts that we replace due to their atrocity.
Old 23rd April 2014, 18:13   #5890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadguy25 View Post
There are lot of stones (cement blocks) near the medians on the ORR between Marathahalli and Iblur junction. These have been there for quite some time.
I think they were left behind after the stupid cleaning process along the median. Last week I saw an brand new i20 hit one of those stones near the iblur junction when heading towards marathahalli. The car was forced to move out of its lane, thanks to a volvo bus trying to find its way between the two vehicles(i20 and a truck).

Another incident is the median opposite Krupanidhi college, koramangala, where an i10 went right over the median completly. I think the driver probably got blinded by the oncoming vehicles with high beam and lack of road lighting.

Volvo buses and tempo travellers are the worst driven vehicles in Bangalore, someone has to put an end to this madness & misery.
Mr_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2014, 21:17   #5891
BHPian

Quote:
It won't be sufficient to hold back students or anyone else, unless an 8 feet tall fence is put along the median of the road. We Indians love short cuts. Why climb up stairs and then climb down too, when you can dash across the road? If a vehicle hits you, it's anyway vehicle's fault and you get money (if you survive, that is).
Well in the one year that I've studied there so far, no one's been hit. And most of us have been crying out for a skywalk anyway, so I suppose it will be used.
Old 24th April 2014, 07:21   #5892
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
From BTP page:
Attachment 1233636

The fools have forgotten about Ecospace, ORR.
Its hightime they realise that if the IT population gets killed, half (or rather almost entire) of Bangalore would be gone and so will be the revenues and glamour.

By the way, happenning news from ORR. Time: 6:00 AM.

This time below the Agara flyover, a Cement Mixer truck has met with an accident.
Dont ask me how. No Idea.

Exact location: While coming from Sarjapur side, instead of taking the Agara flyover, when one takes the Middle lane under the flyover, that's where the truck is stuck, taking the full one lane + half of the lane coming from Agara towards Sarjapur.
Old 24th April 2014, 07:55   #5893
Team-BHP Support

Now its not just the Intel ORR flyover alone. There was a tanker hitting the railing at the Agara flyover (Towards Silkboard) today morning.

Where its going to be tomorrow?
Old 24th April 2014, 08:13   #5894
Team-BHP Support

This is getting ridiculous. First of all the design of having single lane on each side of flyover is terrible, leading to more chaos below all flyovers on ORR. Then the lack of markings resulting in accidents.
Old 24th April 2014, 08:38   #5895
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
The fools have forgotten about Ecospace, ORR.
Its hightime they realise that if the IT population gets killed, half (or rather almost entire) of Bangalore would be gone and so will be the revenues and glamour.

By the way, happenning news from ORR. Time: 6:00 AM.

This time below the Agara flyover, a Cement Mixer truck has met with an accident.
Dont ask me how. No Idea.

Exact location: While coming from Sarjapur side, instead of taking the Agara flyover, when one takes the Middle lane under the flyover, that's where the truck is stuck, taking the full one lane + half of the lane coming from Agara towards Sarjapur.
Got a message now that this has caused a major pile up at agara. Not sure if it is both ways.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks