Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th March 2014, 17:07   #5641
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Apparently this is why motorists where stopping their vehicles and peering down Silk Board.
Mating snakes.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/31352143.cms
Old 4th March 2014, 18:16   #5642
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
Apparently this is why motorists where stopping their vehicles and peering down Silk Board.
Mating snakes.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/banga...w/31352143.cms

We even have a video...
Old 4th March 2014, 22:26   #5643
BHPian

A couple of rants from my side this evening

1. Those great minds at BBMP decided to tar the service roads at Eco Space at 5.30 pm peak rush hour traffic . As expected traffic piled up all the way till our parking lots inside Eco Space. Took a good 25 minutes just to cover 600 mts. Why the hell can't they tar the roads during weekends or late night is beyond me

2. This BMTC driver had the guts to get down Hebbal Flyover going towards the Airport, and managed to take a U Turn just to come face to face with the oncoming traffic from below the flyover. He could have well driven a kilometer ahead and taken a proper u turn at Kodigehalli Gate and go towards the Depot, but instead chose this shortcut causing inconvenience to so many road users.
I was directly in front of the bus and managed a couple of pictures. Will post this in BTP Facebook page as well.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20140304-18.35.17.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20140304-18.35.25.jpg
rohittunga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 22:58   #5644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post

2. This BMTC driver had the guts to get down Hebbal Flyover going towards the Airport, and managed to take a U Turn just to come face to face with the oncoming traffic from below the flyover. He could have well driven a kilometer ahead and taken a proper u turn at Kodigehalli Gate and go towards the Depot, but instead chose this shortcut causing inconvenience to so many road users.
What? You mean, he took a left U turn after getting down the flyover towards airport side to come to the junction underneath via the wrong lane? Just can't believe how insane some morons can be! The lane towards the airport side from BEL circle side is not too wide either, can't believe he had the guts to drive a bus wrong way on that lane!
My guess is he would not have been aware that the exit towards KR puram side on the old loop of the flyover has been closed and did this to avoid going towards Kodigehalli gate to take the U turn. That also means he would have cut across traffic on the new lane while taking the left U from the old lane.

Last edited by sandsun7 : 4th March 2014 at 22:59.
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 23:01   #5645
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorsan View Post
Today I learned that they have blocked the exit towards Manyata/Nagavara on top of Hebbal flyover while coming from Mekhri circle side. You need to take the extreme left lane at the beginning of the flyover itself. Not sure since when this arrangement is in place, since I don't go on that route often.
Correct, since the weekend or so.

The entire area is currently a ghastly accident spot with people trying to brazenly reverse back (against one-way speeding traffic) to the correct turn-offs. I met an Alto driven by a young lady coming back up the ramp against peak hour traffic at 6:30 pm. Worringly, even after being told by 2 separate motorists, she continued on. God help all of us!

For all TBHP-ians:

If you are approaching Hebbal flyover from the BLR city side and want to turn towards Tumkur/BEL Circle (first left exit ramp) or towards KR Puram/Manyata Tech Park (second exit ramp), stick to the EXTREME LEFT and take the microscopic NEW flyover.

Do NOT take the 'earlier' main carriageway as they have blocked both the left exits. Thus the main carriageway is exclusively for Airport/HYD bound traffic while the new section acts as an additional lane too, i.e. it allows access to all 3 exits (Tumkur, Manyata & Airport)

Please exercise extreme caution as it is very very narrow and somewhat uneven. In my experience, there is every chance of sandwiching 2- wheelers especially after dark.

Wonder what will happen if a loaded truck breaks down on the new section and blocks both the Tumkur and Manyata turnoffs!? If I noticed corrrectly (the Alto was looming large!), they have blocked the earlier exits with concrete blocks- ideally they should have made them removable!

Last edited by itwasntme : 4th March 2014 at 23:08. Reason: Bold!
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th March 2014, 23:53   #5646
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
What? You mean, he took a left U turn after getting down the flyover towards airport side to come to the junction underneath via the wrong lane? Just can't believe how insane some morons can be! The lane towards the airport side from BEL circle side is not too wide either, can't believe he had the guts to drive a bus wrong way on that lane!
My guess is he would not have been aware that the exit towards KR puram side on the old loop of the flyover has been closed and did this to avoid going towards Kodigehalli gate to take the U turn. That also means he would have cut across traffic on the new lane while taking the left U from the old lane.
Yes exactly Sandeep !! This bus driver had the guts to cut across almost 3 lanes of traffic and enter the wrong side of the road.

You are right in the bus driver missing the exit towards the depot. But he could've gone straight and take a u turn there. So we should expect to see such drama for a few more days
rohittunga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 05:15   #5647
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
Yes exactly Sandeep !! This bus driver had the guts to cut across almost 3 lanes of traffic and enter the wrong side of the road.
After being annoyed by such drivers/riders who come head-on in wrong side, I started to think differently and have started to excuse them. Saying, by coming in wrong direction they are saving fuel for good drivers like us. Considering crude oil around the world will last only for few more decades, we need such people who can save fuel for us. [kill me for such thinking]

Some times feels like we are the only morons who follow rules, while the rest other public enjoys every bit by breaking them. Irony is, no cop will catch them!!
Instead, if we (who religiously follow rules) break even one unknowingly, immediately there will be a cop to catch!

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 5th March 2014 at 05:18.
Old 5th March 2014, 08:23   #5648
Senior - BHPian

I think the signal in front of Samsung/Soul Space Arena in Doddanekkundi should be switched off until 8 AM.

Every morning, private company buses and cabs (shuttles) coming from Marathahalli side take U turn at the signal. Their intention is to go via Alpine Eco apartments and reach Graphite India signal.
There is a sign that says no U-turn, and someone has scribbled on it "HTV".
And none of the buses or cabs ever stop for the red light. Since buses have large turning radius, they go to the extreme left lane of the ring road to take the U-turn.

The signal is such that the straight lanes on both sides of the ring road remain open after the right turns close. So when these buses ignore the signal and take U-turn, they block traffic on both sides of the ring road.

So why keep the signal open and waste power? We have power scarcity, so the government can switch off all signals and provide power to our homes. Let there be chaos on the roads, who cares?
rohanjf is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 11:47   #5649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
After being annoyed by such drivers/riders who come head-on in wrong side, I started to think differently and have started to excuse them. Saying, by coming in wrong direction they are saving fuel for good drivers like us. Considering crude oil around the world will last only for few more decades, we need such people who can save fuel for us. [kill me for such thinking]

Some times feels like we are the only morons who follow rules, while the rest other public enjoys every bit by breaking them. Irony is, no cop will catch them!!
Instead, if we (who religiously follow rules) break even one unknowingly, immediately there will be a cop to catch!
That's a very wrong thinking. Have you given a thought how these very morons who think that by taking a wrong direction/short cut, to save fuel or time, are in fact using more fuel and wasting everyone's time including theirs due the massive jams they cause.

And we have our very own accidents thread where ample examples of wrong side driving have claimed such morons lives including innocent passengers/motorists. Surely you cannot adopt such crazy/foolish methods of crude oil conservation at the cost of taking people's lives.

Such people should be off roads and if you support them, then you too should be off roads! I refuse to budge if I am stopped by a vehicle coming on the wrong side of the road. I switch off the engine and put on some nice music, be it a rickshaw/cab or a truck/bus

Last edited by racer_m : 5th March 2014 at 11:51.
Old 5th March 2014, 12:23   #5650
Senior - BHPian

Do we still have onlookers on the silk board flyover trying to get a glimpse of the snakes thereby creating a traffic jam?.

On Sunday while going on my 2 wheeler, noticed the same old situation. While coming back noticed an AUDI car parked on the left side and the driver crossing over the road divider to catch a glimpse of the snakes.
Old 5th March 2014, 12:48   #5651
BHPian

Why are the snakes still there. Shouldn't BBMP or some wildlife authority have hauled them off to Bannerghatta by now?
Old 5th March 2014, 13:15   #5652
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msdivy View Post
BDA was recovering encroachment land at Iblur lake. It was encroached by Shobha & Sun city developers.
More on the same can be read here.
Roomy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 13:39   #5653
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_m View Post
That's a very wrong thinking. Have you given a thought how these very morons who think that by taking a wrong direction/short cut, to save fuel or time, are in fact using more fuel and wasting everyone's time including theirs due the massive jams they cause.

And we have our very own accidents thread where ample examples of wrong side driving have claimed such morons lives including innocent passengers/motorists. Surely you cannot adopt such crazy/foolish methods of crude oil conservation at the cost of taking people's lives.

Such people should be off roads and if you support them, then you too should be off roads! I refuse to budge if I am stopped by a vehicle coming on the wrong side of the road. I switch off the engine and put on some nice music, be it a rickshaw/cab or a truck/bus
Not sure if you really get my comment.

I know this is absolutely wrong thinking. But my point is, these people do not change their wrong habits what-so-ever, so better we change our thinking, at least we will have our peace of mind. If we try to correct them, we will only get abused (I have got many for making people understand!).

Look at this moron. The way he has parked at Shell Petrol bunk (near Mekri Circle).
I parked next to him (on right side) in-order to teach this guy a lesson, instead he argued with me for parking there (as he could not get in his car).
Shell guys say, this person did not listen to them even after they telling him to park correctly.

PS: The photo is taken while I had stopped and from in-side car.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wp_20140305_12_19_56_pro.jpg  

Last edited by 500ContyCruiser : 5th March 2014 at 13:42.
500ContyCruiser is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 14:15   #5654
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 500ContyCruiser View Post
Not sure if you really get my comment.

I know this is absolutely wrong thinking. But my point is, these people do not change their wrong habits what-so-ever, so better we change our thinking, at least we will have our peace of mind. If we try to correct them, we will only get abused (I have got many for making people understand!).

Look at this moron. The way he has parked at Shell Petrol bunk (near Mekri Circle).
I parked next to him (on right side) in-order to teach this guy a lesson, instead he argued with me for parking there (as he could not get in his car).
Shell guys say, this person did not listen to them even after they telling him to park correctly.

PS: The photo is taken while I had stopped and from in-side car.
I did get your point buddy.
And this is what I would have done. If I had to fill up from the adjacent lane, I would not have cared for this moron, and only moved after I would have tanked up. let him shout/scream his lungs out (bad for him only)
Its only soft folks like us who actually give these chumps the upper hand. By letting them go easy they continue their antics. If at every wrong doing they are made to undergo inconvenience and realization, sooner or later they will come around, if not then at least I feel satisfied that they did not enjoy their wrongdoing .

My funda is simple, I give what i get. If some one disturbs me I dont give him a red carpet, and treat him the same way.

Last edited by racer_m : 5th March 2014 at 14:17.
racer_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th March 2014, 16:43   #5655
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suresh_gs
Do we still have onlookers on the silk board flyover trying to get a glimpse of the snakes thereby creating a traffic jam?.

On Sunday while going on my 2 wheeler, noticed the same old situation. While coming back noticed an AUDI car parked on the left side and the driver crossing over the road divider to catch a glimpse of the snakes.
Just crossed this place. Snakes and onlookers still there :(

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks