Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th November 2013, 19:31   #5236
BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Its a combination of multiple level failures of the administration ...
Thanks, I'm aware of this daily mess But it was particularly bad this evening. Something wrong after Bellandur flyover I assume.
Old 27th November 2013, 19:41   #5237
BHPian

The much awaited Pythin is here!
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-1450829_590880334301190_722013130_n.jpg  

Karthik1100 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 20:38   #5238
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Caught the python in action near mekhri circle 2 days back filling a pothole. Shockingly, it was exactly in peak evening traffic at 6.30 pm creating a huge pile up of traffic with vehicles of all sizes going all around this machine! The only good thing was, it had big orange lights blinking when it was in action, so nobody could miss noticing it.

When will our authorities apply some common sense? Why do all these works happen in peak hour traffic!

On a positive note, I hope this machine does some good work of filling potholes and does a complete job of it!
Added_flavor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 09:51   #5239
BHPian

At the Bellandur flyover going towards HSR layout, earlier the entry under the bridge used to be on the right of the flyover. Now the traffic policemen have blocked that side, and started entry on the left of the flyover.
The cars who need to go under the flyover (mostly cabbies) take to the right, and see that the road is blocked there. Then the cut right across all the traffic wanting to go over the flyover, and then they move to the left of the flyover. This is what is causing all the traffic jam.
Old 28th November 2013, 11:02   #5240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik1100 View Post
Hope the potholes are filled for good! Not like one of their temporary solutions which creates even more bigger holes within no time.
Old 28th November 2013, 15:09   #5241
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by black_rider View Post
Thanks, I'm aware of this daily mess But it was particularly bad this evening. Something wrong after Bellandur flyover I assume.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bharat4ever View Post
At the Bellandur flyover going towards HSR layout, earlier the entry under the bridge used to be on the right of the flyover. Now the traffic policemen have blocked that side, and started entry on the left of the flyover.
The cars who need to go under the flyover (mostly cabbies) take to the right, and see that the road is blocked there. Then the cut right across all the traffic wanting to go over the flyover, and then they move to the left of the flyover. This is what is causing all the traffic jam.
Add to the above there were two dumper trucks broke down /stopped on the Bellandur flyover yesterday. Also, one company bus (huge Accenture type) was reversing on the left most lane, from the middle of the flyover This was happening by around 6PM. The whole two flyovers were chocked from 5:30 itself. BTW, Are these two flyovers - Bellandur and Devarabisanahalli- the closest ones in Bangalore? They should have merged them and made a mini elevated road
Old 28th November 2013, 18:01   #5242
Senior - BHPian

Morning chaos at 830am on Intermediate ring road near Ejipura, caused by a broken down decrepit rubbish dump truck. This was on Tuesday this week. The truck is rusty and falling to pieces and wonder of wonders, it has a CG registration!
Amazing set of dunderheads in this BBMP, BDA and Bangalore Municipal Authority in general.

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image3712235924.jpg

Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-image599476558.jpg
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 17:25   #5243
Senior - BHPian

For the past few days I am going to home from work through the Nimhans junction instead of 12th cross Wilson garden. Everyday I find private and BMTC buses stopping dead centre of the road to pick passengers from the signal. Even though the signal turns green, the vehicles do not move and if anyone raises his voice, the persons manning the bus abuse them. Today I saw a private bus swerve suddenly to left to pick a passenger and hit a Beat on the front fender. The bus was pointing to the left and the Beat was pointing straight ahead. The driver and the conductors of the bus came down and started to hit on the window of the Beat stating he was at fault. The poor chap in the car was so frightened that he shut the doors and had no courage to come down. After intervening with some fellow motorists, and giving a sound hearing to the bus driver, the chaos was put to rest. The Beat suffered some minor scratches. Have put this on the BTP webpage today. Let us hope this this stop gets resolved soon.
unk9ja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th November 2013, 20:11   #5244
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk9ja View Post
For the past few days I am going to home from work through the Nimhans junction instead of 12th cross Wilson garden. Everyday I find private and BMTC buses stopping dead centre of the road to pick passengers from the signal. Even though the signal turns green, the vehicles do not move and if anyone raises his voice, the persons manning the bus abuse them. Today I saw a private bus swerve suddenly to left to pick a passenger and hit a Beat on the front fender. The bus was pointing to the left and the Beat was pointing straight ahead. The driver and the conductors of the bus came down and started to hit on the window of the Beat stating he was at fault. The poor chap in the car was so frightened that he shut the doors and had no courage to come down. After intervening with some fellow motorists, and giving a sound hearing to the bus driver, the chaos was put to rest. The Beat suffered some minor scratches. Have put this on the BTP webpage today. Let us hope this this stop gets resolved soon.
Noticed something very similar near Sapphire toys (near Residency Road) during evening rush hour today.

A BMTC Volvo pulled a swerve one would consider impossible even in a small car, narrowly missing a couple of bikers and some cars passing by. The bus stopped at the bus stop just after Sapphire Toys diagonally, blocking the two left-most lanes. One biker narrowly missed being crushed between the bus and the sidewalk railing.
Old 29th November 2013, 21:14   #5245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post

Noticed something very similar near Sapphire toys (near Residency Road) during evening rush hour today.

A BMTC Volvo pulled a swerve one would consider impossible even in a small car, narrowly missing a couple of bikers and some cars passing by. The bus stopped at the bus stop just after Sapphire Toys diagonally, blocking the two left-most lanes. One biker narrowly missed being crushed between the bus and the sidewalk railing.
Dread this scene while riding my bike. These morons drive as though they own the road and everything around it. It was not until me and a couple of motorists interfered, the persons backtracked. Or else the poor car guy would have been ripped off. And interestingly thr surrounding people were mute spectators.
Old 2nd December 2013, 13:24   #5246
BHPian

What is the current condition of Hosa road or Jail road (between Sarjapur Road & Hosur Road)? Last I went through that road, it was in bad shape.
Old 2nd December 2013, 13:32   #5247
Team-BHP Support

Huge pileup on BETL today at 11am. A bus has broken down on the right lane just after the lay bye towards E-City.

Last I saw they were sending a tow truck in the opposite direction to tow the bus. I don't know how the tow truck will take a U-turn to tow the bus out.
Old 2nd December 2013, 13:34   #5248
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
What is the current condition of Hosa road or Jail road (between Sarjapur Road & Hosur Road)? Last I went through that road, it was in bad shape.
It has gone from bad to worse. I dont remember any repair done anytime recently on that road.
Old 2nd December 2013, 14:00   #5249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
It's as good or bad as Sarjapur road. Perhaps a little bit better than Sarjapur road, with good, level surface at quite a few places. The myriad speedbreakers won't let you hit more than 40kmph in a stretch. There is a plethora of potholes, or, some road between potholes just after Mico Bosch, while going towards Hosur road.
Old 2nd December 2013, 20:24   #5250
BHPian

In fact, Hosa road is better than Haralur road, as the road is quite straight in most parts. The numerous speed breaker humps have been removed but the beginning stretch, near Kaikondarahalli has many pot holes. Traffic has increased tremendously on this road in the past 2 years, but one can say that for all of Bangalore.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks