Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2013, 11:51   #5116
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Phew, what a way to start the morning !

Truck breakdown on the right most fast lane, just after Silk Board signal towards HSR, Agara road.

Service Road jammed from foot of Bellandur flyover > Intel flyover U-Turn > Service Road to Ecospace.
Solution: Take the immediate U-Turn under the Intel flyover, to enter the bus lane and then merge into the service road infront of Ecospace to enter it.
Old 23rd October 2013, 12:16   #5117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Service Road jammed from foot of Bellandur flyover > Intel flyover U-Turn > Service Road to Ecospace.
Is this the reason or anything else, there was a huge traffic jam near Kadubeesinahalli around 10.30 AM.
Also with the bus lane closed near Bellandur traffic is bottle necked always.
Old 23rd October 2013, 12:16   #5118
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
Phew, what a way to start the morning !

Truck breakdown on the right most fast lane, just after Silk Board signal towards HSR, Agara road.

Solution: Take the immediate U-Turn under the Intel flyover, to enter the bus lane and then merge into the service road infront of Ecospace to enter it.
For employees driving to Ecospace, from my experience it would be better to take the main road, go over the bellandhur, Intel flyover and take the U-turn in front of Vrindavan Tech Park.

Every time I've taken the service road under the bellandhur flyover or the intel flyover, I have ended up in a major jam.
Mr_Bean is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 12:23   #5119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Is this the reason or anything else, there was a huge traffic jam near Kadubeesinahalli around 10.30 AM.
Poorest Traffic (and Civic) Sense + Poorest Traffic Management are the sole reasons for the chaos starting from Agara, till Marathalli.
On some lucky days, you could blame BMTC and Trucks for breaking down at odd places.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Bean View Post
For employees driving to Ecospace, from my experience it would be better to take the main road, go over the bellandhur, Intel flyover and take the U-turn in front of Vrindavan Tech Park.
Every time I've taken the service road under the bellandhur flyover or the intel flyover, I have ended up in a major jam.
Absolutely +1 to that.
I have done that couple of times when I am in the car.
Today I took a wrong decision and ended up getting crowded from all sides under the Bellandur flyover. There was no escape plan that I could hatch.
So ended up waiting, waiting, waiting till I got to that U-Turn under the Intel fyover. Immediately took U-Turn, entered Bus lane and went till the gate of Ecospace and merged into the service lane. A few commuters descending the Intel flyover were not happy with me and other vehicles infront and behind me, blocking their high speed descend, but I had no choice.

Last edited by Soumyajit9 : 23rd October 2013 at 12:25.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 12:23   #5120
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Any idea why this lane is closed. There is no work happening and the road was recently tarred. Seems very strange.

A potential good news for commuters in this stretch, there is is Shell Petrol pump that is going to open near Belandur (on the left when going towards Silk Board side)- Near the Citrus Hotel and the new Eye Foundation hospital.

Construction is ongoing and the plot is barricaded. So it is visible only if you are on the service road and moving slowly. Thats how I got a glance.
Rajeevraj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 12:30   #5121
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajeevraj View Post
Any idea why this lane is closed. There is no work happening and the road was recently tarred. Seems very strange.
The road was broken (as with any other road) so I guess they closed it to fix that and also for getting a proper divider done. That is the case with Kadubeesinahalli under pass. They have closed the two lanes running on top of the underpass since past 3-4 months only to work on the divider of some 100 mts length.
The second underpass was open on 2012 Diwali day, its almost a year and they still are not able to complete the service road and divider work.

You made my day with the shell bunk news. I stay near JP Morgan and has to travel to Varathur road shell in search of a good bunk always.
Old 23rd October 2013, 12:38   #5122
BHPian

I wonder why in the last few days the traffic jams are common. Heavy moving traffic is what we are used to but completely slow. Maybe the folk out for Dassera vacation are sincerely back to office. Tough days ahead. And sone pe suhaga its raining. Perhaps in Bangalore an SUV is a good buy with good ground clearance and mil-spec suspension.
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:04   #5123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
I wonder why in the last few days the traffic jams are common.
=======Perhaps in Bangalore an SUV is a good buy with good ground clearance and mil-spec suspension.
Schools have reopened and hence the impact has started from 7 AM
Old 23rd October 2013, 13:41   #5124
Senior - BHPian

Shot this video at the Big Bazar junction at Old Madras road towards the Byapanahalli side. See how skillfully the drivers / riders steer the wrong way on to oncoming traffic. It almost seems that this is the norm in this city.
goandude is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2013, 21:32   #5125
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Do they have any alternate routes in plan especially towards Jeyadeva/Dairy circle? Anyways, its going to be a real mess.
Alternate? It has to be Kanakapura road or Hosur road. Jokes apart, the alternate will be the narrow roads(?!) of Devarachikkanahalli, Bommanahalli and the surrounding areas. There are no other alternate/parallel routes to Bannerghatta road. It'll be a real mess once the work starts.
Old 24th October 2013, 09:41   #5126
Team-BHP Support

Massive traffic jam all the way from Jayadeva flyover to Silk board. After an hour of crawling, I'm still stuck at Udupi garden /A2B signal. Not sure what is the reason, but the signal is just going green for 10 seconds and going back red again . Please avoid entering this stretch if you're planning to, or else your plans for the day will go for a toss.

Last edited by KarthikK : 24th October 2013 at 09:44.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2013, 10:07   #5127
Senior - BHPian

Can anyone tell me how good/bad the road is between Sigma softech park/Forum Value mall (varthur road) to Sarjapur/Dommasandra circle? This is the section I am inquiring about http://goo.gl/maps/339aa
Next weekend, I am planning to drive to Hosur side, was planning to avoid Attibele and reach Hosur via Sarjapur-Bagalur. I would be starting from Vignan nagar, near Old airport road. Saw this option in some other thread, but little worried about the roads aroud Gunjur. Traffic on these roads would not be an issue as I am planning to start by 6 AM.
Old 24th October 2013, 10:14   #5128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Can anyone tell me how good/bad the road is between Sigma softech park/Forum Value mall (varthur road) to Sarjapur/Dommasandra circle? This is the section I am inquiring about http://goo.gl/maps/339aa
Next weekend, I am planning to drive to Hosur side, was planning to avoid Attibele and reach Hosur via Sarjapur-Bagalur. I would be starting from Vignan nagar, near Old airport road. Saw this option in some other thread, but little worried about the roads aroud Gunjur. Traffic on these roads would not be an issue as I am planning to start by 6 AM.
Forum value mall to Dommasandra comes under my daily route. Avoid it on Sunday as there will be the Sunday market on Varthur and the situation will be chaotic. No issues if you are travelling on Saturday. There are some potholes between Varthur and Gunjur, otherwise the road is good.

Rohanjf can update you the condition beyond Dommasandra.
Old 24th October 2013, 10:14   #5129
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
Two impediments
- Varthur Village
- Sarjapur

Apart from these two, it should be very easy. Varthur-Gunjur-Dommasandra has lots of speed breakers. Do take that into account.
If you are planning early morning, then no issues. Else the weekend markets at Varthur can slow you down.

Last edited by ampere : 24th October 2013 at 10:15.
Old 24th October 2013, 10:16   #5130
BHPian

The stretch from Sigmatech park to Sarjapura is a good one, nicely tarred road, broad but with some lorry traffic. On a Sunday you shouldn't have a problem. I use this road quite often. Onwards to join the Hosur road too, you should be fine.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks