Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:22   #4936
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Just to give some relief to the people travelling from SilkBoard towards Ecospace, roads are relatively less jammed.
It took me a record 30 mins from BTM Lake Road till Ecospace parking.

Just an observation. Like we have Jay-Walkers in our streets, there are so many Jay-Drivers on the streets too.
Encountered atleast 4 of them while coming to office today. And one important observation, with due respect, and no offence to anyone, all of them had female co-passenger.
These people are so engrossed in conversations with the ladies that they forget that they are in public space.
Soumyajit9 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 10:47   #4937
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohanjf View Post
One of my colleagues just told me that a fully loaded lorry's right side has gone into a drain where the hanging bridge just starts. This has created massive traffic jam, affecting those going from Ramamurthy Nagar side towards Whitefield/Marathahalli on ORR. Efforts are going on to clear the lorry using cranes.
Oh yeah.. Took me a record 40 min at 7.10 am to cross this stretch. Heard its even worse now with traffic backing up all the way till Kalyan nagar flyover

Could see just 1 feeble looking crane at the spot "trying" to pull out that massive truck. Good luck to them !
rohittunga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 12:54   #4938
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohittunga View Post
Oh yeah.. Took me a record 40 min at 7.10 am to cross this stretch. Heard its even worse now with traffic backing up all the way till Kalyan nagar flyover

Could see just 1 feeble looking crane at the spot "trying" to pull out that massive truck. Good luck to them !
Got stuck in traffic near Kalyan nagar flyover. Took one hour to reach Tin factory on my two wheeler from Kalyan nagar . The truck has been moved to the side.
Old 23rd September 2013, 20:45   #4939
BHPian

Some good sights after the weekend. Quite a few of the potholes on Old Airport Road (Command Hosp to The Leela), MG Road & Minsk square were repaired/refilled.
Looks like someone or something has woken up the BBMP.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2013, 20:54   #4940
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Due to VIP movement (presidents visit) HAL - Indiranagar - Raj Bhavan road will be having traffic restriction tomorrow around 5PM. Same route on opposite direction will see VIP movement on Tuesday morning 10.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
Some good sights after the weekend. Quite a few of the potholes on Old Airport Road (Command Hosp to The Leela), MG Road & Minsk square were repaired/refilled.
The post quoted above yours is the reason BBMP has woken up.
Old 23rd September 2013, 21:10   #4941
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ Yes and worse part the repair is done only from HAL departure gate onwards. The road condition from HAL junction towards Marathahalli remains same.
Old 23rd September 2013, 21:11   #4942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Added_flavor View Post
The post quoted above yours is the reason BBMP has woken up.
If thats the reason then we should request his excellency to visit other areas as well.
Old 23rd September 2013, 21:43   #4943
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansvk View Post
And whatever tar was left over, they had a micron of common sense and filled up the craters on ORR towards hebbal rather than dumping by the side of the road.

So until the next time it drizzles, ORR stretch will now be slightly less painful.
Old 24th September 2013, 14:22   #4944
BHPian

Kundanahalli gate junction - 8.40 AM - 24-09-2013

BTP made things worse by letting vehicles drive in the opposite lane.
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-wp_20130924_003.jpg  

Old 24th September 2013, 14:23   #4945
BHPian

For those who take the railway bridge path near Marathalli to Whitefield , Near the U-Turn which 500C buses take .
Do take extra caution while taking your car or Bike through the steep decline to the un-tarred road.
I am saying this because the road has formed a pit in the size of a small crater at the point of entrance.
A corolla while going the decline , was a tad bit faster than it should be almost nose dived into it , and got the front fairing near the bumper detached .

( Please see the Diagram , pardon my drawing skills. I am doing this because my vocabulary for various angles are a bit rusty).
Bikers please plan for the sudden braking of the cars in front , its the car owner's natural reaction when they see a pit.
Old 24th September 2013, 14:28   #4946
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinu_h View Post
Kundanahalli gate junction - 8.40 AM - 24-09-2013
BTP made things worse by letting vehicles drive in the opposite lane.
If I understand correctly, this is the lane from Marathalli towards Kundanahalli ?
How did those cars come onto the opposite lane ? There is an opening in the divider, in front of 3M / Yahomati Hospital. Did BTP allow traffic from that point to go onto opposite lane ?

A similar method is applied at Graphite India signal, for vehicles coming from Vydehi to take either left or right. That is ok, because there is no oncoming traffic.

In Kundanahalli's case, it must have become a bad scene with all vehicles trying to merge into one lane.
Absolutely insane decision by BTP.
Old 24th September 2013, 14:50   #4947
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soumyajit9 View Post
If I understand correctly, this is the lane from Marathalli towards Kundanahalli ? How did those cars come onto the opposite lane ?
They were let in by a traffic cop from a break in the divider. This divider is opposite to a school / hospital. I can't recall their names.
Old 24th September 2013, 19:42   #4948
Senior - BHPian

Have a look at this post by BTP on their Facebook page:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-btp1.jpg
An incredible 192 offences! And these vehicle may still be on the roads of the city, commiting more offences!
Old 24th September 2013, 20:19   #4949
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
An incredible 192 offences! And these vehicle may still be on the roads of the city, commiting more offences!
All that the BTP can do is recommend to the RTO that these vehicles be seized. The RTO is busy with their own and are under staffed. The violators will continue to do what they do best.
Old 25th September 2013, 10:10   #4950
Team-BHP Support

BTP expects that people with so many offences against their name will happily report to the Automation centre to pay up? High hopes, i must say!

They will surely fight tooth n nail and argue till the world's end to ensure they do not pay.

Most Viewed