Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2013, 13:14   #4906
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
As per the reports, some plan is underway to add an extra loop to the KR Puram flyover to enable easy movement of traffic on ORR. This is perhaps most needed and hope they take it up and start work ASAP.
What is this loop linking to? I mean from where to where?
Old 14th September 2013, 13:19   #4907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
What is this loop linking to? I mean from where to where?
That is something even they did not make clear. But is it technically possible to build a ramp or a flyover over the existing hanging bridge, so as to provide an uninterrupted flow of traffic on ORR from Hebbal side to Marathahalli side?
Old 14th September 2013, 23:28   #4908
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpion_blore View Post
Looks like Bangalore's roads and people are getting worse day by day. I somehow got out of a big trouble day before yesterday.

The worst part is that these tractors did not even have a license plate. So I cannot even lodge an official police complaint.
That is a very bad experience and glad that you escaped unhurt. Ganesha idol immersion has become a new rowdy outing and I also became a victim of vandalism at similar fest last week. Earlier this week, noticed an auto being thrown off road by rowdies dancing at idol procession in heavy rain. Its high time police keeps a check on processions becoming mob furies.

I have immediately stopped donating any money for such unorganized pandaals where people drink and dance all night, in the name of religion.
Old 17th September 2013, 11:16   #4909
BHPian

An alert for people who send their kids to DPS in Whitefield : I have seen this two days in a row when a Bus was driving on the wrong side (in a one way) of the road on the ORR near ISRO and the Railway Cross. The Bus had children in it.

Aren't these buses supposed to be driven safely? Please check with your kids.

From what I can also recollect is that I read 'DPM East' written somewhere on it. Don't know what it means but might help people trace the bus.

Mods: Please move to appropriate thread if necessary.
Old 17th September 2013, 11:43   #4910
Distinguished - BHPian

Over crowded School Bus rams into vehicles near Bannerghatta, 12 kids hurt. Police has arrested the driver, but what about the school management which over crowded the bus twice its capacity.

http://newindianexpress.com/cities/b...cle1788575.ece

Quote:
In a shocking accident, 12 children were injured after the driver of their school bus reportedly lost control and rammed into a motorcycle and a stationary lorry at Raagihalli Gate near Bannerghatta on Monday morning. The motorcycle driver was also injured.
The driver was arrested for reckless driving. Police officials said the vehicle was packed with 60 students, which is twice its capacity.
The accident occurred around 7.45 am when the bus, belonging to Ryan International School at Bannerghatta, was taking children to the school.
Driver Thimmaraya (28) lost control as he tried to overtake a two-wheeler. He hit it and then rammed into a stationary lorry.Ten students — Anila (12) Khushi (12), Kanu (5), Gayatri (12), Pranjal (12), Faraz (12), Madhav (12), Pranjul (12), Vidyashri and Sahana — were admitted to a nearby hospital following the accident.
Two more were treated as outpatients. Umesh (18), the two-wheeler driver, was rushed to a private hospital. His condition is said to be stable.
Parents of the injured children approached the police demanding action against the driver and school management for negligence. The parents alleged that school authorities neglected the safety of the children by overcrowding the bus, while the children also complained that Thimmaraya always drove rashly.
A senior official at Bannerghatta police station said that no one from the school came to see what had happened to the children after the accident. “We have arrested Thimmaraya and are investigating,” the official added.

Had the parents been alert and taken action against the management even before this incident, this accident could have been averted.
IMO, the parents neglected the safety of the children by sending their kids in a overcrowded school bus.
What is the point in shouting now Thank god that the kids escaped with minor injuries.

Last edited by arun_josie : 17th September 2013 at 11:45.
Old 17th September 2013, 11:58   #4911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Had the parents been alert and taken action against the management even before this incident, this accident could have been averted.
IMO, the parents neglected the safety of the children by sending their kids in a overcrowded school bus.
What is the point in shouting now Thank god that the kids escaped with minor injuries.
IMHO, WE - Indians are used to learn from our mistakes. Unless an incident happens, no one bothers to fix the problem which could cause an incident.

Examples like bikers falling in potholes and dying, narrow roads getting choked, Sudden lane changing, etc etc.. The list can go on and on.
Unless WE become the victim, we don't give a damn to anything.

My 2 cents in the above case, all the parents May Not be aware that the bus was over crowded. May be the parents who left off their kids towards the end of the pick up, should have seen that the bus was already full and should not have allowed their kids to board the bus.
But in today's real time scenario, there is not even 1 minute to spare to feel paranoid.
A real-time scenario (from what my colleagues say) - They all get ready, drop off their kids at the bus stop or creche or playschool and head for work.
Nobody stays back to see what's happening to the kids or understand the actual scenario, or feel paranoid atleast.

PS: I couldn't find an alternative word for Paranoid. What I mean to say is "Sense something wrong" or "Fear".
Soumyajit9 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 12:06   #4912
BHPian

Why do morons try to sneak in other lanes by driving dangerously close to other lanes, obviously someone who cares for his car bills dearly will back off and they squeeze in. I face this every day on Bangalore roads.

I cannot even drive with proper gap between car in front. Some moron will come from my left, give a indicator and barge in between me and front car, often leaving me to break to save my car. And this cycle repeats.

Today while I was driving in right most lane on Old Airport Road, a Moron in his Ertiga started coming dangerously close to my vehicle. Anyway, I kept driving on my lane thinking he must have veered to right by mistake. No, he was incessant on driving withing half an inch of my left mirror. I honked like crazy to that moron because I could not go any more right. He did not budge. Luckily M800 in front braked and he was forced to stop, which gave me time to get back on lane. I could see he pulled same antic with M800 and finally got in right lane in front on M800, only to again change lane to left to get vacant spot. Why, just why?

Just when I thought good riddance, another yellow plate monkey in a Indica did the same antic and this time I backed off. My car Bill and sanity is more important than ego of a Son of Soil types driver.

Hopeless.

Last edited by acroback : 17th September 2013 at 12:07.
Old 17th September 2013, 12:07   #4913
BHPian

Driving through Indiranagar is increasingly proving to be an axle-breaking experience. Sections of the 100 pit (feet) road have to be cordoned off in the night - they are real hazards in low visibility conditions, particularly for 2 wheelers. I wish I could avoid the area, but my family's workplaces and my son's school are all in the area.
BackInTheFold is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2013, 12:21   #4914
BHPian

Another moron - another time. I was driving on Hosur Road (Below BETL) at 11:30 at night on Sunday. The lights at Singasandra Junction turn red- I stop. As additional measure, I put my blinkers on. Suddenly I hear a loud thud from behind. I parked my car on the side and go behind to se a moron lying prostrate on the floor, with his bike lying beside. Apparently this was the same guy I had overtaken 5 minutes back, who was doing snake dance on an empty stretch . My rear bumper was dented- i pulled it out back- some breakage at the bottom of bumper and some near teh number plate. Even after repeated requests that guy didnt speak to me. After a while two "gentlemen" came on a bike and told us to go - as the moron was a localite- I had my baby daughter and my wife- so I went away...dont know how to react!!

Time to go to Trend
Attached Thumbnails
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-20130916_100157.jpg  

Old 17th September 2013, 13:52   #4915
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Time to go to Trend
The damage is in two parts - Fibre (Bumper) and Non-Fibre (Hatch door, besides the number plate).

The bumper has comes off and can be re-aligned with just a push i guess, but the crack and the broken reflector will remain, unless you may want to replace the bumper. I am assuming that the black part is fixed with the bumper.

The one besides the number plate will cost you a bit more to fix. Firstly it is a Non-Fibre part, so someone has to hammer it to bring back to shape. Secondly, the hammering has to be done from inside, so effectively the plastic covering inside the hatch door has to be removed.

Hopefully there won't be any colour loss in fixing the damages. Else, again money.

Very sad to see the damages. Hope the car recovers soon, with minimal financial damage. Keep us posted on the Trend Automobiles thread.
Old 17th September 2013, 23:45   #4916
BHPian

For the past couple of months, I've been taking the bus and sparing myself from a commute between JP Nagar 7 and Magrath Road. (Plus, the weather is cool to be in a bus)

Even while sitting/standing comfortably in a bus, it annoys me to see two-wheelers and auto-rickshaws come dangerously close (example, on the left side) to the bus when the bus is taking a turn (to the left).

At signals where there are free left turns and the bus is headed that way, sometimes callous 4 wheelers lodge themselves in the incorrect lane keeping a entire buses waiting. Most bus drivers just patiently (or hopelessly) wait it out without honking.

The bus drivers themselves don't do a good job of following lane discipline. I wish they did and set an example.
Old 18th September 2013, 00:02   #4917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Another moron - another time. I was driving on Hosur Road (Below BETL) at 11:30 at night on Sunday. The lights at Singasandra Junction turn red- I stop. As additional measure, I put my blinkers on. Suddenly I hear a loud thud from behind. I parked my car on the side and go behind to se a moron lying prostrate on the floor, with his bike lying beside. Apparently this was the same guy I had overtaken 5 minutes back, who was doing snake dance on an empty stretch . My rear bumper was dented- i pulled it out back- some breakage at the bottom of bumper and some near teh number plate. Even after repeated requests that guy didnt speak to me. After a while two "gentlemen" came on a bike and told us to go - as the moron was a localite- I had my baby daughter and my wife- so I went away...dont know how to react!!

Time to go to Trend
You did the right thing by moving. Glad that the damage is not major and you had a bumper to bumper coverage. I met with same accident at same signal 3-4 years back while my boss was driving his brand new Verna with me on passenger seat. The Verna was unfortunately hit by a bigger vehicle i.e. truck. The damage was far bigger and frustrating since it was a week old beauty.

A question to other BHPians, should we call up police at 100 in such situation, to be on a safer side. So that the biker does not go to the police later with a false claim.
Old 18th September 2013, 20:55   #4918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahwa View Post
A question to other BHPians, should we call up police at 100 in such situation, to be on a safer side. So that the biker does not go to the police later with a false claim.
Best would be to take pictures of the car before getting it repaired for proof of the accident. Since it was the fault of the biker, I don't think he would bother going to the Police. If the impact was from the front or the side, then the biker has a chance to prove the car was rashly driven or so on.
If called by the Police, go explain your point, don't offer any deals, let them file a case proceed with it.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2013, 15:23   #4919
Senior - BHPian

Today morning, I took the Mahadevapura main road after a long time. I was going from Hoody towards KR Puram. After I crossed HP Office, the traffic in my direction was very less. There was an Apé going at snail's pace in the right lane, and there were no vehicles behind me or in front of Apé. Still I could not overtake the Apé from its left side. Why? Because every time I tried, I saw one or two bikes coming on the wrong side with headlights on. They were trying to avoid the bumper-to-bumper traffic going towards Whitefield (on the other side of the median). And there were two Tata Ace trucks too, following them!

And the lesser said the better about the potholes on our roads. I have taken my Palio on some real bad roads, and even on mild offroading. But I have never enjoyed off-roading better than driving on Bangalore roads!
Old 19th September 2013, 15:37   #4920
Senior - BHPian

Last weekend I made of the crime of turning left at Trinity circle to reach Old Madras road. The road below the metro, along Ulsoor & Murphy town is just horrible. There was hardly any traffic but still the movement was dead slow negotiating the craters on the road. What could be worse than this? The other side of this divided road.

Like somebody said, Bangalore is garbage-filled, lunar surface is turning out to be true.
msdivy is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks