Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2013, 14:00   #4816
Senior - BHPian

Re: Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramzsys View Post
I believe, Kudlu Gate signal is not working. And the notion that 'absence of signal(or a Traffic Constable) is absence of law' led this.

It was the same yesterday too.
No, the signals were working fine this whole week. And I did find a traffic cop, as usual. However, the kind of mess that I saw this morning at GB Palya would need at least 4 cops to clear up.

Sometimes, the cop stationed at Kudlu gate signal would go to the GB Palya signal and vice versa, if the situation at one of the signals turns worse. This morning I was puzzled that this hadn't taken place.
Old 30th August 2013, 18:51   #4817
Senior - BHPian

Came across a lidless, turban-ed, bearded example of an imbecile on a Pee 220, just few minutes back in BTM Layout.

I am on the left most lane, and traffic is at standstill, there was a vestibule bus in front me, I was waiting to get some gap on the left so that I can pass, and this moron comes on my tail honking to glory. I stopped and turned back to look at him and he has a red face and shouts at top of his voice, 'MOVE!'. The on-lookers were looking at him shocked. I was taken aback, but didn't lose my cool. I was just waiting for the bus to move. He probably had a tiff with the girl he was carrying pillion, I allow him to pass and show him the gesture, just for kicks.

He then shouted at the top of his voice, the choicest of expletives. I was satisfied for hurting the ego of this bully and was smiling to myself. This may have pissed him off even more.

Buddy, if you are reading this, you badly need to meet a psychiatrist. And learn to respect other road users and understand the traffic conditions. Lastly, don't reflect your moods on the road.

Have not come across such short temper on Chennai roads, in comparison.
Old 2nd September 2013, 09:01   #4818
Senior - BHPian

Those who use Whitefield Industrial Layout road behind Graphite India to reach Whitefield, please avoid this road for a few days:
Rants on Bangalore's traffic situation-untitled.png

At point A, which is a T junction, some authorities have dug a BIG hole that spans a full lane. They have dumped the mud on the other lane. So 3/4th of the road is unusable. Since this is a junction, it is going to create chaos during peak traffic. Fortunately, I reached there at 8.15 AM, and was stuck only for a few minutes.

There are traffic jams everywhere these days, thanks mainly to the huge meteor-impact craters on the road.
Old 2nd September 2013, 09:53   #4819
Distinguished - BHPian

The traffic cops seems to have decided that turning on the Signals are a waste of electricity. Most of the signal from RT Nagar to Dairy circle were turned off and no prizes for guessing what was the end result. Complete Chaos!
Old 2nd September 2013, 15:33   #4820
BHPian

There are so many intersections in Bangalore that can benefit from traffic lights, but don't have any. Why? I just cannot comprehend the reasons. Sheer lunacy.

And turning off existing lights leaves me completely dumfounded.
Old 2nd September 2013, 17:43   #4821
Senior - BHPian

How is the Manipal county road to reach Bannerghetta road from Electronic city?

I came across this road in google maps when thinking about taking either BETL or NICE road to reach Jayadeva junction, today evening.
Old 2nd September 2013, 17:58   #4822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I came across this road in google maps when thinking about taking either BETL or NICE road to reach Jayadeva junction, today evening.
The road doesn't exist after a km or two once you cross Manipal County. BWSSB had dug up most parts of the road, and you will have to take quite a few confusing detours in order to reach the Cave Temple road that would lead you right next to the Meenakshi Temple. First hand experience on a rainy night when I decided to eat out at McD, Meenakshi Mall, I'd set out from near Manipal County

Last edited by silversteed : 2nd September 2013 at 18:00.
Old 2nd September 2013, 18:22   #4823
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My brother (who lives in Hulimavu) once suggested I take this route when visiting him. Deep fissure in fraternal relationship resulted.
Old 2nd September 2013, 18:31   #4824
BHPian

I think this is a really bad stretch, very evident from replies (silversteed, binand).

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
The road doesn't exist after a km or two once you cross Manipal County. BWSSB had dug up most parts of the road, and you will have to take quite a few confusing detours in order to reach the Cave Temple road that would lead you right next to the Meenakshi Temple. First hand experience on a rainy night when I decided to eat out at McD, Meenakshi Mall, I'd set out from near Manipal County
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
My brother (who lives in Hulimavu) once suggested I take this route when visiting him. Deep fissure in fraternal relationship resulted.
Old 2nd September 2013, 18:35   #4825
Senior - BHPian

BTP through their FB page advices all road users to avoid Banneragatta road between Dairy circle and Anepalya jn and visa-verse due to crater formed by over flowing man hole.

It has been raining non stop since 5.30 PM in North Bangalore also. expect huge jams throughout if anyone is driving towards Airport/Yelahanka
sandsun7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2013, 19:54   #4826
BHPian

Quote:

After taking that road up and down a few times to go between Meenakshi Temple and Singasandra, I decided it was better to go the long route - Hosur Road, ORR, Bannerghatta Road. It is that BAD.
Old 2nd September 2013, 22:20   #4827
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandsun7 View Post
BTP through their FB page advices all road users to avoid Banneragatta road between Dairy circle and Anepalya jn and visa-verse due to crater formed by over flowing man hole.

It has been raining non stop since 5.30 PM in North Bangalore also. expect huge jams throughout if anyone is driving towards Airport/Yelahanka
This stretch has been problematic since the Saturday morning rains. I spent 45 minutes from the Hosur Road junction to the Diary Circle at 9 AM in the morning.
Old 2nd September 2013, 22:40   #4828
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silversteed View Post
First hand experience on a rainy night when I decided to eat out at McD, Meenakshi Mall, I'd set out from near Manipal County
Quote:
Originally Posted by binand View Post
Deep fissure in fraternal relationship resulted.
The dark clouds forced me to take NICE road and it took about 1:15 hours to reach Jayadeva from EC1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTeacher View Post
I decided it was better to go the long route - Hosur Road, ORR, Bannerghatta Road. It is that BAD.
I am always wary of the traffic at Silk Board junction and from Silk board to BTM. When coming through NICE road, it is relatively easy to breathe once we reach Meenakshi temple.
Old 3rd September 2013, 09:14   #4829
BHPian

Quote:

If you are fine with taking inner road, instead of Manipal county, take left after GB palya signal (A signal before bomanahalli signal). This will take you to Begur road, once you reach Begur road take left and third right, this will take you to Devarachikanahalli road, from here you can reach Bilekahalli main road. Those who wish to go to Meenakshi mall, can go via Vijayabank layout. Those wishes to go towards BTM, ORR can take Bilekahalli. Those wishes to reach kanakapura can go via Vijaya Bank layout, cross BG road near reliance signal and take inner roads!
Map
RaguHolla is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2013, 10:16   #4830
Senior - BHPian

Who else feels that there is a massive disrespect of motorists, towards horns ? You honk at someone, the person stops, looks back at you, stares for 5 seconds as if you asked his kidney, and then does some stunts and goes away. Duh, sick and tired. And this applies to all kinds of wheelers - 2,3,4,6,8, etc etc.

By the way, quick update on traffic situation.
- Massive jam from Sarjapur junction, moving towards Bellandur. No jam after Bellandur flyover (beyond Ecospace).
- Road from Marathalli side, towards Sarjapur is relatively free, but could jam up soon.

A 2nd Gen Honda City has rear-ended a Punto. The bonnet of the City has gone for a toss. The Punto's rear remains unscathed !! Two guys were guiding (angrily) a NHC driven by a woman, to the side of the road. Not sure what were the chain of events. Seems like the lady in NHC braked hard (for whatever reason), and so did the Punto guy, but the 2nd Gen HC guy couldn't stop in time and banged into the Punto.
This happened at the foot of the Intel flyover, towards Bellandur-Sarjapur side. Watch out for a jam building up at this point.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks